WC13 draw

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by Jonc108, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Note from media that the draw is out, anyone has file link of the complete draw?

#1 Jonc108, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  2. MHHung

MHHung Regular Member

3. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

LD & CL are in the same half.

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Ahsan/Hendra have another date with Lee/Ko in the QF of MD. Owi/Butet avoid Fischer-Nielsen/Pedersen and Xu/Ma, until the Final.

5. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Too bad, Lin Dan and Chen Long are slated to meet in the QF of lower half draw whilst Lee CW may face Wang Zhengming in R3 and possibly DuPY in the SF if they all progress that far. For me,I'd much prefer to see LD face off LCW in the same half of the draw.

7. dohdoh

dohdoh Regular Member

MS: LCW has to be happy about this draw. The best possible draw that he could have gotten, given the circumstances. Only realistic threats are Wang Zhenming in round 3 and Du Pengyu in the semis. Interested to see what CHN will do about LD and CL meeting in the quarterfinals should LD beat Tago.

WS: Only SJH, Ratchanok and Newhal stand in the way of an all Chinese final. Two of the afore mentioned and LXR and WYH to meet in the semis!

MD: Open as ever. Realistically only the Danes and the All England champions to go to the final in the bottom half, unless KKK/TBH pull off a miracle comeback, which is well overdue in my opinion. In the top half, the winner of the round 3 showdown between LYD/KSH and Setiawan/Ahsan will compete with FHF/CY for a spot in the final.

WD: All Chinese final anyone? WXL/YY top half and the TJH/MJ + ZYL/TQ in the bottom half.

XD: The top 4 seeds to meet in the semis. I don't think Danes will get further than that, Joachim is getting old. Indos to get one over their rivals this time!

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It seems to me, Saina has got a very good draw with an excellent chance to go all the way to the SF. Unlucky for Jiang YJ to have to come up against LXR in R2.

LXR will have to watch out for Lindaweni in R3 followed by Tai TY in the QF before the awaited SF clash with Saina. By the looks of it, LXR's quest for the world title is the most challenging among the top contenders, it seems.

WSX if she performs reasonably,however, Pai HM and Eriko Hirose are not to be trifled with, may get to meet her colleague WYH who may have Sindhu waiting for her in R3 before the QF in the lower half of the draw.

IR whom I presently consider the main threat to the Chinese will be encountering all non-CHN threats such as YipPY and Sung JH and,perhaps, Busanan or Carolina Marin, until the SF in the lower half of the draw at which she may possibly match up with WYH, barring any upsets along the way for the two strong contenders.

It so happens that both Saina and IR won't be facing any CHN opponents until their respective SF in different halves of the draw. So if proceedings turn out according to the top 4 seedings, we may well be treated to a thrilling SF set-up with LXR vs SN on one side and WYH vs IR on the other.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yup, Lee CW should be happy with the draw. He will be sailing to the final with his nemesis Lin Dan and rising threat Chen Long having to face off in the opposite half. With the worst possible draw outcome avoided, Lee CW is poised to fight for the crown with very good chances of wearing it on final's day.

10. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    LCW would effortlessly cruise to the final, meeting either Chen Long or Lin Dan

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The outcome of the draw in effect minimizes any negative impact of Lin Dan's wild card entry on Lee CW, nothing much for LCW to worry about. Frankly, I don't see anyone able to stop him in his half.

12. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    not good...
    i think lee/ko will play better in a quarter final game.
    ko get more pressure in final game. ahsan/hendra better be careful

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I am going to get stomach ache again. What do you reckon? ;)

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

is another goodbye for KKKK/TBH as they gonna face Thai pair before face another korean 'threat'...

15. fd16n

fd16n Regular Member

So hows your prediction mister lecturer? My prediction on twitter got blasted by the crowd, hahahaha

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A bad draw for both of them but conversely a very good draw for Lee CW. If in the end, LCW still fails to take the world title, there's nothing more to say for him. In a sense, I'm assuming that in this edition Lin Dan is not playing as Super Dan, if you know what I mean (it's my belief that Lin Dan has not or cannot as yet regain his pre-LOG prowess). To make it worse, Lin Dan and Chen Long are pitted against each other, thus eliminating one main hurdle for LCW who stands to gain the most from it.

With LCW's greatest fear of having to deal with first Lin Dan then Chen Long in the final removed, he can confidently strut with little pressure all the way to the final at which he just have to concentrate all his mind and energy on the only task that matters. I daresay even before the start of the WC, the crown is already within LCW's grasp.

I think now Rashid Sidek, the MAS coach, can say it again, let Lin Dan leave the WC with regrets. Of course, I earnestly hope Lin Dan can prove him wrong but I'm more inclined to realism than optimism.

17. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Lin Dan vs Tago will be the first good test whether Lin Dan is in a good physical shape or not.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

So true....

19. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    If Lindan vs ChenLong is going to happen, more or less it would have been decided already.. I hope LinDan will give a walkover to his country mate without any clash...

Before that, he need to meet Kenichi tago.. Let's see how he performs..

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe Chen Long and Lin Dan will fight it out. Why would Chen Long or anybody,particularly his younger colleagues, for that matter be willing to 'make way' for Lin Dan who has already 4 WC, 2 OG, and a host of coveted titles and accolades to spare? Even Wang Zhengming derived much satisfaction beating Lin Dan at the simulation match the other day.