Was Lance Armstrong CHEATING?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by RSLvictorSOTX, Sep 1, 2010.

1. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Andy05, at the rate they are going now, it would seem that pretty soon, really soon, they're gonna catch the fish they've all been wanting too catch. Bribing isn't the same as doping:).

Wilfredlgf, ''known unknowns...'' is kinda lame for Rumsfeld to say, if only, albeit he's trying to blurt something witty. Kinda like Deng Xiao Peng's ''it doesn't matter if it is a black cat or a white cat, so long it catches mice''. ...trying to imprint themselves w some smart/witty remarks so that they can be put along the great thinkers BUT they are not, mind you. They do great things/big leaps forward but witty? God no! ANYWAYS, usually if there is chatter clustering... cloud-computing-kind-of-chatters ... hmmm, it's not a good sign. Someone is going down pretty soon. Why did Sheryl Crow dump Lance in the first place? Hint, hint, seeing the man she sees not (doesn't want to be part of it?)? Ahem:D? Oh well, yes I am a Sheryl Crow fan;).

#21 RSLvictorSOTX, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Time for some reading ;): http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1180944/index.htm Well "some" quite a lot actually ...

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

A buddy of mine is an international drug tester and he says weight lifting and cycling are the most heavily doped sports. He's told me some pretty funny and amazing stories involving big names and events.

I'll let you decide yourselves about Lance Armstrong....

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes those two are pretty much tops. I have little doubt he has used performance enhacing drugs at least once. He had actually tested positive in 1999 but the substance could also be found in an approved pain relief ointment which he had permission for. The responsible staff member later on has admitted such an ointment hadn't actually been used at all ...
    We happened to have had a lot of coverage from early on in his carreer since he was dating a dutch female cyclist at the time he became World Champ in '93 I believe. :D I was actually rooting for him back then when he was just a talented espoire ... He has done a lot of good and inspired thousands of people but a saint he ain't ;).

#24 demolidor, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Let me add that time-trial is my favorite event on the road and you can pretty much guess who I am/have been rooting for during the years :eek:;).

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Pardon my ignorance, but Lance is a testicular cancer survivor right?

So... does he still have... you know it's coming...
    the balls? :p

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Hmm. That expands why he is even stronger. To Chinese speaking people: remember 葵花寶典? :D:D:D

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yeah I think they're even bigger now that they hold his EPO2030XHTHG² reservoir :p (or spare clean urine ;))

#28 demolidor, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  9. RSLvictorSOTX

Well, he's got one ball now; SEALED BEARING;).

The blogs (awhile back now) at the time he's gone ''splitsville'' with Sheryl Crow expands on the ''what'' she wants no part of:mad:.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..again, goes back to "where's the proof?", if indeed there's really someone out there holding the final smoking gun? either that or one side is bribing whichever doping agency is handling pro cycling drug testing, to withhold all evidence?..

#30 ctjcad, Feb 5, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  11. RSLvictorSOTX

Just like the badders in the pro circuit declaring falsified date-of-births whilst still in the junior ranks...everyone knows but the proofs always says: some insider blah-blah-blah says so...but the point is, IT IS TRUE and so is the uniBALL guy still scrambling to buy back his tray of 'juiced' test tubes (just wait...it is like fine wine maturing in oak barrels for decades then bottled to settle before it gets to the connoisseurs.)

...why keeping it so long? Huh, why and what else? To have a chronological (dated) timeline and proof of how systematic it was. ...no mistakes here. ...the juice is out there.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

so, basically it'll take another bribe to reveal the smoking gun and prove LA was doping??..hmmm..

13. RSLvictorSOTX

With Bonds done, should Armstrong be next?

By TIM DAHLBERG, Sports Columnist Sat Apr 16, 4:20 pm ET

Like most people who spend time thinking about these things, I have never been able to figure out how Lance Armstrong was able to win seven straight Tour de France races while riding clean at a time when many of his competitors were doping.

But Bonds is now a convicted felon, Roger Clemens has been exposed and Manny Ramirez is off on permanent vacation. Investigators have pretty much run out of easy targets in baseball, though sharp observers can still find a few players who might not be above suspicion.

So now they're after Armstrong, and who knows what they will find. Already we've learned more about Armstrong and his associates, including the revelation Friday by a high-ranking Italian law enforcement official that the cyclist met repeatedly with a physician who is barred for life by the Italian Cycling Federation after being charged in a doping investigation.

There's a grand jury hearing evidence in Los Angeles, though just what Novitzky and his crew have gathered remains unclear because it's a secret proceeding.

But prosecutors can be creative, and grand juries don't need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to issue an indictment. Claims by disgraced 2006 Tour de France winner Floyd Landis that Armstrong and his teammates ran a complex doping program coupled with some circumstantial evidence might be enough to get Armstrong into court.

After that, all bets are off. Jurors in the Bonds trial showed that when they convicted the former slugger of the least serious count against him while letting him walk on charges he lied to a grand jury about his steroid use.

I was OK with the Bonds' prosecution, even if the end result of years of work and millions of dollars was a conviction on obstruction of justice that will almost surely land him no jail time. Bonds was the poster child for all that was wrong in baseball, an arrogant superstar with a bloated head who made a mockery of the game's most hallowed record and he should be held accountable.

Bonds was the right target for the right time. Had trainer Greg Anderson not been so loyal to his former boss that he spent more than a year in prison for him, prosecutors might have even gotten Bonds sent to prison and made steroid users everywhere nervous.

I'll also be pleased to see Roger Clemens go on trial this summer for lying to a congressional panel examining the use of performance-enhancing drugs. Just because a pitcher wins seven Cy Young awards doesn't mean he can say what he wants without consequences and, besides, I can hardly wait to see his former trainer Brian McNamee on the stand.

Novitzky and his crew should get a lot of credit for helping expose the seamy side of sports. They took down a steroid distribution center, won convictions against some of the biggest names in sports, and played a big role in making baseball realize that it had to institute stricter drug testing and tougher penalties for steroid use.

We get by now that performance-enhancing drugs are bad. The point has been made, and hopefully lessons have been learned.

#33 RSLvictorSOTX, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

15. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Interesting, just no longer ago, US athletes complaining East Germany, Soviet Union, and then China of using performance enhancing drug. Now one after one US athletes are caught, what a joke.

16. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Well, usa complain of cheating from opposing states, ie 'the state' forces drugs on their participants. But for the USA, the individuals choose to partake. So there is some sympathy to be had for 'clean' US athletes, but how many of them are there?

17. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

To even the playing field...riders are at a disadvantage if they don't do it:(, kind of sad but that's the way it is so far for pro riders.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

And the truly sad part is that this happens in most US pro sports (baseball, football) and this effect trickles down to the college and university levels where aspiring young athletes are subjected to the pressures of performance enhancers like steroids to get themselves onto an even level with the other students who are doing it.

19. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Yep, that is very true. How about high school seniors:(? It just gets worse and worse:(. It's been a long time coming...but they gotta clean up all sports as much as possible.

Health wise, pro sports people has a short shelf life already and an even shorter life span from PEDs:(.

#39 Triptens, May 22, 2011
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com