Wang Zhengming ( 王睁茗 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by 2cents, Apr 17, 2010.

1. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

2. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

For the well being of BCers, I re-issue an earlier health advisory. Personally, I will not watch his match ever again.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I hope coblat takes note of this.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

At first I didn't give him much chance to progress to the French Open Finals. But when he unexpectedly disposed of Kashyap whom I picked as the most likely contender to take the title as well as pushed aside K Momota to advance to the final, I find myself drawn to support him again only to be let down for the umpteenth time, heartbreaking.

I daresay WZM has the skills to best Chou TC but lack the hunger,drive and persistence to match his opponent.Sigh.

RedShuttle, I shall bear in mind your 'health advisory'.

5. volcom

volcom Regular Member

WZm needs to lose some of his excess weight like Morten Frost said... hes so slow on court, can smash but never follow up.

6. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    In my opinion, WZM has made progessed in his defence, net play and cutting unforced errors. I also agree his main problem at the moment is his fitness and excess weight which slow his movement. Chen Long is taller than him but look much slimmer. He should lose additional weight. It is difficult to play under the shadow of Lin dan and Chen Long and most likely has no hope to go to RIO Olympics. CBA didn't bother to select him in this year Thomas cup and asian games which I think was a big mistake and didn't help his confidence. I think WZM doesn't know that he has so many fans all over the world to support him and has high expectation on him. If he know he broke so many hearts with multiple defeats, I think he will play with more urgency. I would suggest Justin to represent us to write a letter in chinese to let him know he has many supporters outside China and encourage him to make use of his talent fully.

#406 jkkwongnz, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  7. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    CTC has played very well in this tournament. But, I must say he won the game last night with his will rather than his skills. He reminded me of DPY or Chen Jin.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Unfortunately, my Mandarin is not good enough to write, conversational, yes, passable for day-to-day use. I do translations with the help of a Chinese-English dictionary, even so I often have to guess the meanings from the context and choose as best I can the right senses of the word, still some idioms, proverbs and literary styles of writing are not available in the dictionary I have (can't find a better one yet) making my job tough at times, time-consuming and laborious. Btw, I never use google translate or any online translator as they usually produce mangled, ludicrous text that does not in any way do justice to the oriiginal.

Hope somebody here can help to pass our message, wishes and concerns to Wang Zhengming. This proves I haven't completely given up on him, better watch my health.:D

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Congratulation to WZM for his title in the China's Masters. The opposition was not very strong, but the manner in which WZM prevailed let me hope it is a new beginning for this talented player. Let's hope!

10. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Inspired by Richard III, the Super King said: I can come back too!

11. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Until now, it has been "to be or not to be, that is the question"

12. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

I'm not so sure about WZM. He did win the china Masters, but he won over a very very low ranked player, and almost lost. He really just barely beat his opponent.

13. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    I agree. HY made a few errors at crucial. points, But congratulations to WZ. Interesting to see how HY plays in NZ . Hope his coach can improve his game as I think he has potential.

14. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I am not sure what's going on with WZM either but He did heavily defeat everyone unlike what you said.. of course apart from china team mates but they don't count. Nothing can really be taken from CHN v CHN game.
    Look at Huang's route w/o from Song chn, then really close 3 ender against a low (48) ranked Derek of sing, then he demolished a highly ranked and on the up tian houwei. Makes no sense. Matches are not right, certainly no good for analysis.

15. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I just watched the XD final, very good match, and Widjaja is such a good looking girl! I don't want to revive our macho burst on Sing open, but really, a beauty!

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Well, sorry, this post should have been on China Master's thread, not WZM!

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I've watched all three of Huang Yuxiang's matches, namely with Derek Wong, Tian HW and Wang ZM. Nothing untoward, objectively speaking, once he found his rhythm, he was in his element against THW and WZM. In fact, in the final with WZM,he played his best badminton, above himself, like a man possessed, and WZM had to dig deep to beat him.

Bear in mind, the CHN Masters is only a BWF level 3 event and it's outside the OG qualification period and most of the CHN elite players/pairs were absent, so nothing much at stake. Even so all the participants, foreign and local,fancied or unfancied, would want to seize the opportunity to win it. Another noteworthy point is the CHN youngsters and relative unknowns such as Zhao Junpeng and Lin Guipu stretching WZM and Wei Nan respectively.

What impressed me most was actually how WZM played and won against Wei Nan and Huang Yuxiang - different from what I've seen him before recently - more intense, a sense of urgency, a tighter game with fewer loose or casual shots, improved net play, and brilliant attacks as we know he's capable of when he's on top of his game.

Unfortunately, this tournament couldn't have come at a worst time scheduled immediately after three consecutive SS events which resulted in the absence of most of the world's best. Still we could see the lesser players going all out to make the most of their chances, not just for the title,as well the prize money which happened to be highest for a GPG event at USD250K. Personally, I hope to see the CHN Masters moved to a better time slot next year , if possible.

18. antssantss

Retired
    You do have a point and I do not support coaches giving WO to a preferred player especially in the major tournaments as its unfair to the players who have put their hearts into training. If you are not good enough to win then you are not a champion or the best.

But in this case the best players from ROW are not here so I see the coaches trying to use this as an opportunity to bring up a new style of player in the CBA team. I have always wondered why they keep putting him in tournaments as I felt he lacked positiveness and made too many mistakes. But his coaches saw that he could get better if his confidence gets a lift. If one looks at HY skills its quite impressive. He has a strong attacking game which I feel both XS and THW lacks, and speed as well as stamina. Both XS and THW play a very similar game with some attacking flashes. But HY is Very different from the both of them; not so robotic so to speak.. So they got XS to give him a WO. But HY still had to beat DW for "my theory" to succeed. Again against THW I think its a "suspiciously " easy win. But look at his match against WZ. A great game and definitely a winner take all game.
    I hope I am right and NZ will be the proof of the pudding. I am all for the individualistic style that HY has and hope he will not be "reconditioned" into another clone. Let his talent flow freely please.

19. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

I had just noticed that HY had never beaten a top 20 player apart from a chn player(THW, this tournament). Some of these guys train together every day and players adapt and deal with that differently throwing up strange results, even if nothing suspicious happened, so not good for analysis.

I just had a quick look and HY seemed to be at same'ish level as Kento Momota and Viktor at Junior level and as I said HY has not even managed a victory against a top 20 player and look at what the other two have done relatively. Maybe the future is not so bright for HY but it will be interesting to see.

20. antssantss

Retired
    You are so right about HY when you compare his record against the two ROW WJC. No comparison at all.
    Its my foolish and wishful thoughts that there is someone in CBA who is doing something about the state of both the MS and WS. Its been ignored in the pursuit of OG medals.
    Like BQ the hard truth is that he will also bite the dust.