Wang Zhengming ( 王睁茗 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by 2cents, Apr 17, 2010.

1. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

At least he was once a super king. :D

But glad to read what he said to press before. Now will just wait for him to converting that into some action and titles.

2. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

He didn't win the title today. :(

Would he really leaving the national team?

3. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Don't thinks so, no one really stands out taking the #2 spot after CL. Until then, he is safe.

4. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Nope, it was just his way of thinking. China will be foolish to let Wang Zhengming go.

Australia or another country would definitely pay him good money to play for them. :D

But I like his mentality, since it means hes playing as if he could be kicked out from the team at any time. And although he probably won't be, with the talents and skill he has.

And also once Lin Dan retires, he alongside with Chen Long will be the top 2 contenders for China. I don't see their MS juniors coming infront of him anytime soon, though their WS remains highly competitive (Sun Yu, Han Li, Chen Xiaojia, Deng Xuan, Suo Di, He Bingjiao, Yao Xue).

WZM has scariest playing style. One second he could be a sleeping dragon and just cruising, the next he smacks the shuttle down out of no where from a lift to the baseline. His explosiveness and dictation of pace is (I argue) better than Chen Long and alot of other players.

Its always a struggle playing with players like him because he's just so fast and agile. Even Momota was hands-on-hips when playing him in the final set, was just too fast and relentless in attacking.

#344 Heong, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The ultimatum was set by himself, not CBA, LYB or any of his coaches. So it hasn't come to that yet.

Hope he doesn't give himself too much pressure and suffer anxiety which will be counterproductive but just push hard enough to galvanise himself. He has to stay focused, self-possessed, be gritty, mentally strong and prepared in order to be at his best. Negative emotions and impatient attitude will only serve to affect his concentration and upset his game instead of bringing out his best.

Willy-nilly, he has brought his badminton career to a crisis. All this while, his sport psychologist, mentor,coaches,trainers, and maybe his family members and friends have been doing their part to help and encourage him.

Finally,he is taking charge of himself, becoming self-assertive and vowing to 'do or die' - with such willpower, I won't underestimate his chances of success in good time as he has no lack of talent to begin with.

However, we can say he is born in the wrong era with not only Lin Dan but Lee CW and now Chen Long. Still, Lin Dan is presently taking a break again and is unlikely to play that many tournaments even when he resumes competition; Lee CW could be at the endpoint of his career and is more beatable than before; whereas Chen Long is the one who is getting stronger but has shown signs of uneven form of late which means he is possibly not at his consistent best yet.

Therefore, all in all, I think it's not impossible for WZM to pick up the slack and 'steal' a few titles from these maestros.Whatever it is, actions speak louder than words. Let's wait and see.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Indeed, when WZM is at his attacking best, he is so swift and relentless to whip the shuttle from anywhere, often catching his opponent by surprise, rooted to the spot. His free flowing,natural attacking game is a veritable delight to watch.

And many times just when you thought he is tiring or slackening, he would suddenly spring to life full of energy as if he has a secret reserve to draw on. I can't wait to see him one day becoming all-conquering and winning championships soon enough.

7. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

After CO, WZM happily acknowledged that CL is better and ranked higher and thanked CL for helping out on his progress this year.

CL's place as one of three kings is petty much set. It is no shame for WZM to loss to CL.

If WZM can keep up his current progress, he will have his place in the top 6. However, it seems WZM is more Prince Charles than a king, let alone a super king.

8. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    One thing that frustrate me watching WZM's game is the way he makes too many errors when charging forward to play easy net shots after making smash/clear at the baseline. He tries to roll his shots too close to the net at a very steep angle (a very difficult shot that so far only LD & LCW have mastered) and thus making unnecessary errors. He should have just played safe, make 100% sure the shuttle clear the net first and then let his other attributes like powerful smashes and his swift movement around the court to kill off opponents. If he continues to make simple errors at the net, he got no chance to show off his other great attributes to win games.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Precisely, you've aptly described one of his weaknesses.

10. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Let us give him the time to climb up the ladder. First of all, he should get into top 4 first to avoid early elimination by LCW and CL. If he can reduce his unforced errors by cutting down the ambitious shots, I believe he can achieve this quite easily.

Chinese teams need a a very consistent MS2 because their doubles are underdogs at the moment While their MS1 and 3 are superior. WZM and DPY will compete for MS2 which is crucial for China to retain the Thomas cup next year. DPY is consistent but beatable. WZM has no choice but step up really to improve the chance of retaining the cup for China.

11. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    I personally think it will be doubly hard for more than 2 players to get into the top 4 world ranking, especially for players like WZM, who is not the top 2 ranked player in China. This is because China has a trend to rotate their players to play in the world tour circuits, thus each player has only limited chance to score world ranking or Super Series points. And when these players do get their chances, they are most often not seeded (due to lack of ranking points accumulated previously) and will likely to meet some big guns players in the earlier rounds, thus getting early exits most of the time.

As with what WZM said in the interview after his lost to CL yesterday, LD will be back next year, thus making LD one of the top-2 ranked players alongside CL. DPY and WZM will have a tough time fighting it out to be the 3rd singles for China's Thomas Cup team. Young guns like THW and XS will also be breathing down WZM or DPY's necks for the 4th single berth.

I agreed, WZM really needs to step up immediately or he will be shipped out sooner than he knows it.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Now that WZM has made public his ultimatum, I really, really hope he adopts a positive and right approach, and not push himself into a corner. More haste, less speed.

Besides willpower and grim determination, driven by a sense of urgency to play with more intensity all the time from now on, he must also work out a viable game plan (with his coaches). For a start, he should try to improve his ranking, at least stay within the top 8 to be seeded in SS tournaments, so as to avoid meeting Lee CW and Chen Long in the early rounds.

13. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Does anyone know what racket this man used in China and the recent Hong Kong Open SS?

14. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    It is about time to change the title of this thread, remove ' the next super king'.

15. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

'the next super king' is just a jinx to WZM.

16. joetheshow

joetheshow Regular Member

Fulltime day dreamer
    harsh reality for a talent swimming in an ocean full of other talents. Hopefully WZM can bring some more flare and touch to the game like the 4-kings once did.

17. Heong

Heong Regular Member

He already has the speed and power.

For the China team, training his mental toughness, precision, balance and consistency wouldn't be a problem.

Imo, its easier to groom WZM (who already has the speed and explosiveness) then Chen Long, who's in the past had trouble playing against lower tier players like Rajiv Ouseph.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    chen long is a good student who able to pass the exam(lcw) he focus on.
    while those subject he dislike or minor,he will fail:D

19. joetheshow

joetheshow Regular Member

Fulltime day dreamer
    Might be a slap in my face years from now on, but with the way WZM plays at the moment, I don't see him becoming better than he currently is.

He is lacking in consistency, and most importantly discipline, both of which will destroy a player in a high paced 21 point system.

On the other hand, CL excels in these areas, which is why he's a strong contender.

20. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    From what i see Tian Houwei , is better than Wang Zhengming.