Wang Tzu Wei

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by blabl, Mar 19, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I am a great fan of Wang Tzu Wei and I have always been very impressed by his performance at the court. He is such a good, great and talented player. His attitude at the court is very good too. Very courteous, very polite, very good. He never complains and accepts everything that is said.

Even yesterday when he lost the match due to refereeing errors he also didn't complain. He is so good. He didn't say anything accepted the decision. Hence I felt now is the time I create a thread for this player.

He played so well en route to the semifinals in Swiss Open. He is very young too. I believe that this player can be a good potential player in the future. I really look forward to see him play in more upcoming tournaments.

visor likes this.
  2. event

event Regular Member

The comments section of this article mentions an interesting factoid about Wang Tzu Wei being one of only two players since Lin Dan to win GP men's singles titles as teenagers...

[​IMG]
    POLL – Who will be the next golden boy?
    Posted on January 24, 2014 | 15 Comments
    There hasn’t been a teenaged men’s singles winner at the Superseries level in over ten years. Which of the current stable of young men is likely to be next? Photos: Badmintonphoto Men’s singles is a...

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow as a great fan of Wang Tzu Wei I am certainly very impressed with his performance thus far. Although he may have lost in the semifinals of Swiss open 2016, he will always remain as a young and successful MS player in my heart. Hope he will continue to win more MS titles.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Tzu Wei is certainly one of the young up-and-comers, highly promising.

5. kaka jr

kaka jr Regular Member

student design
    wang tzu wei runner up in vietnam int chalenge, he play very impressive
    love his play - highly promising;)

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes certainly this player is my idol. He is such a great MS player displaying a high sportsmanship. I believe that this player really have what it takes to be a successful MS player in the future.

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2016/09/07/2003654657

Excerpts:

An audio recording apparently revealed that Chinese Taipei Badminton Association executives still intended to punish players who sought to honor their own sponsorship deals, despite an earlier promise to not do so, prompting lawmakers yesterday to ask the government to implement reforms to national sports bodies.

The association convened the meeting, at which they issued a public apology over a fine issued to female Olympian Tai Tzu-ying (戴資穎) and promised she would not face punishment.

“We must teach a lesson to these athletes for breaking the rules,” the audio reportedly said. “Yes, we had promised not to go after Tai, but we did not say we would not punish [badminton player] Liao Kuang-hao (廖冠皓),” who was fined NT$300,000 (US$9,550) two years ago over a sponsorship row.

The badminton quarrel centers around NT$109.2 million in a sponsorship deal with Yonex from 2011 to 2014, and a yearly NT$20 million deal that began last year.

Wang Tzu-wei (王子維), a silver medalist at the 2013 World Junior Championships, was fined for breaching association rules by not wearing a uniform provided by Yonex.

Although the association reduced the fine to NT$100,000, it was criticized when reports emerged that Wang’s working-class parents were selling meat buns at Taipei’ Ningsia Night Market (寧夏夜市) to help make the payment.

One official said Wang was only 18 at the time, so how could such a young man not yet working a regular job have money to pay such a fine.

“He was a rising star for Taiwan, but the association still wanted to punish him,” the official said.

Cheung and visor like this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    These recent conflicts of individual sponsorships versus team sponsorships are an interesting development in badminton and might be a sign of the relative strength of badminton.

What predictions are there for the future?

A) Team sponsorship will go down because money is flowing to players' individual sponsorships contracts

B) national associations will have a hole in their pockets - they will eventually require topup funding from the government. The UK is a good example where sports and players are given extra funding from the national lottery on a very strict performance based funding approach.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Wang Tzu Wei got punished by his association. Looks like a good chance for him to move overseas :D

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Singapore? USA? Better yet, Canada!

Fidget and Cheung like this.
  11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Good playing to beat Chen Long.

12. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    so what is the reason for wo in denmarl open?

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

He has a back injury.

Seems to be a significant one