VT80E-Tune substitute

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by steven8991, Oct 17, 2019.

1. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

I used to have VT80E-Tune 4U and I really liked it before I sold it because I didn't regularly play badminton anymore. Now that I'm back at the court, I need a newer Yonex racket that feel similar to my previous VT80E-Tune. There are several rackets that attract my attention, the candidates are:

- AX88D 3U/4U
    - AX99LCW 3U
    - VTZF2 LD RED 3U/4U
    - VT LDForce 2019 3U/4U

I always play doubles and love doing power shot like clear lobs and smashes, I don't often do drop shot and net play. Therefore, I only care about power, as I think unless you are a very very advanced player or a professional one, speed is not important, even in double games.

So, please help me choose based on above candidates. Thank you very much.

Warmest,
    Steven

2. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Did you use the extra top and/or bottom head weights on the e-tune?

For a similar head size and weight distribution try the 88D 4U. It has NAMD so may feel more flexible on powerful smashes.

For a similar level of stiffness try the ZF2 4U - it is from the same era. It will have a compact head so will feel different. Different might be better though.

3. steven8991

No, I did not have a chance to use the e-tune parts

I don't understand the flexible feel on powerful smashes like you said. Is it an advantage in term of smashing?

4. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

The 88D (and other Astrox) uses new NAMD material in the shaft. It has the ability to flex only when you swing hard. It means you have a stiff feeling racket for slow shots and slightly less stiff for smashes and you will get more repulsion which is good for smashing, drives and clears. In my experience it feels different from Voltric rackets but like I said, different is sometimes better, sometimes worse, it all depends on what you like. With more flex you may also feel more lag which could upset your timing on smashes.

I like the way I can use less power for the same smash speed but net shots are still controlled. This is from comparing 80e-tune (3U), N9ii, N7ii and 88D 4U.

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Scratch the LD Force and the Astrox 99 LCW. Basically just don’t get a 3u if you don’t like it.

Pick one of the other two options (all an upgrade over that snail of a racket) and you’re done.

All of them are pretty quick through the air and pack a punch. I’d go ahead and see if money is of concern first. If not, flip a coin between the two and you’ll be fine. That’s what I do nowadays anyway.

6. boby

boby Regular Member

i use ax88d 3u and vtzf2 4u (blue black), good power and not bad manoeuvre for defense for doubles. if you really don't care about speed then you can choose the beast power racket ever made presently ax99 3U or vtzf2 3u version.

but, once you've meet higher level player opponent in doubles. maybe you could consider racket like i used. :)

7. steven8991

Finally decided to follow the 88 hype and bought AX88D 4U. Let's see how this racket perform.

8. steven8991

Here is the picture of my AX88D along with my wife's AX88S :p

Attached Files:

swsh likes this.
  9. steven8991

10. boby

boby Regular Member

my wife can't use all those my plank racket. and i bought victor hmr light 5U with fish net tension string, she's feel better. :D

11. boby

boby Regular Member

dang.. ! i saw its so colourful due to samsung screen effects...