VT80 replacement

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by white91, Apr 7, 2017.

1. white91

white91 Regular Member

Thanks for everybody's opinion, think I have decided I'm going to go for a VTZF2 Lin Dan Legends Vision (4U)! I don't really want he hassle of ordering outside of the UK, and I don't want another 3U racket. I might love it I might hate it, but either way it's a special looking racket and I've talked myself into one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Congratulations! I'm glad you went for the racket you wanted. To be fair 3U isn't for everyone. Loads of guys here complain and ask around for the spare apacs featherweight.

Recently fell for Lin Dan Force 4U. Have you tried looking at it? It's very forgiving and enjoyable. I also like the paintjob on it a lot better than some out there.

3. white91

white91 Regular Member

I've got a 3U VT80 which I like, but feel like trying a 4U for doubles. If the LDF 4U was available in the U.K. I would probably have gone for that.

If I don't get on with the ZF2 I will probably try and import one from Germany and see how that goes.

Not had a new racket since 2011!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Oh it isn't? That's a bit surprising! Definitely try & get a hold of it. I'm sure you'll love it.

I personally have to constantly play back if I borrow a zf2 in doubles. It feels restrictive somewhat so I get what you mean about doubles.

5. white91

white91 Regular Member

Just wanted to share my recent experience with purchasing a racket through these jokers. I placed an order for a ZF2 i.e. an expensive racket last Monday. Got a confirmation email, as I'd not received anything by the Friday I phoned them (number on the dispatch email was also wrong), and was told it was on back order, despite it still being listed on their website as in stock, was told to 'expect it early next week'. Today still no sign of it, so I phoned them up and was again told they were waiting for it from Yonex, when I asked for an expected date they checked and amazingly it was with the stringer?! I then asked if they could send it for Saturday delivery as I needed it for a match this weekend, I was told it would be £20 for delivery! I asked them to waiver the fee, and they still would not.

So they've had my money for 2 weeks, not bothered to update me on their stock issues, and then would not send it out next day!

This is frankly such a poor company to deal with, and my money will be going to Central Sports next time. I had a racket within 48 hrs last time I used them.

Rant over but please avoid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. white91

white91 Regular Member

Maybe it's fate but after much hassle I've decided to cancel my order. Central Sports don't do the variant I'm after so maybe I should go the with LDF for its larger head and more flexible shaft. Will have to import one from Germany unfortunately

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    I just read your OP and you said you struggle to do backhand clears. Have you looked at Duora Z Strike? The clears and lifts with z strike were phenomenal. I bought it myself like 3 days ago and left the LDF / VT ZF2 there which had better offers with them sitting there. It is stiff and 3u but doesn't feel like a zf2 at all and you may really like it.

Try one in shop if you can.

#27 swsh, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
  8. white91

white91 Regular Member

Might just stick with what I've got for now, it's not like a VT80 is a bad racket

9. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

If you don't mind Victor rackets, I think the thrusters compare well the the voltrics. The 9900 is supposed to be a hammer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

10. vibgyor1111

vibgyor1111 Regular Member

It's a classic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk