Voltrics that are still used today

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Gibbs, Jul 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

I know Voltrics used to be very popular and that the Z-force II is still used today, but are there any others that are still used nowadays? I don't see them around much anymore, and I'm guessing they've been phased out by the Astrox line. Does anybody still use Voltrics today?

2. TSchops

TSchops Regular Member

Hi,

I use a Voltric LD Force (4U) as my 2nd preferred racket. Found that its one of the easier rackets for me to use, head heavy with a not so stiff shaft (I think it's rated stiff vs extra stiff) and standard size head. It was my first new racket I bought in 2019 since coming back to badminton from the late 90s/early 2000s. I tried the ZF-II but couldn't handle it well.

Always wondered why it wasn't recommended on the forums to people who were looking for head heavy with not too stiff shafts (vs the astrox 77 & 88 lines).

Used to be able to get the old and "new" colorway at a good price, and always available, but after LD retired the price shot up by around 25% for the red and even up to 40% more for the old olympic colorway (at the online stores I would get my rackets from). I think it may have been discontinued as it's become harder to find a LDF racket. Yonex only lists 2 Voltric models on its site.

Still see a few ZF-II available at some online sellers.

3. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

IIRC the VT80 was popular. But has likely been replaced by Astrox 77's or 88's.

4. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    Nothing I've ever tried comes to close to the VT80 (NOT etune) which basically does everything well. The 88D has fine power but not the finesse with net play or slices. The new Arc 11 pro has all the net finesse and drop shots, but not the clears and power.

Yonex seriously need to reintroduce the Voltric 80.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

availability are the main reason. Why would i recommend VT series if its hard to find, better give advice that are widely available in the market.

no worry, it just a matter of time before Yonex introduce brand new tech. Next generation of Astrox series, with new invented high tech stuff that improve power. Thunderous smash, Killer smash, Explosive smash, etc. & that a reborn of Voltric series with new name.

Cheung likes this.
  6. Anant

Anant New Member

I still have and love my Voltric 7 neo. I've looked high and low for buying another of this racquet as a backup in case my current one breaks. My 2nd racquet is the Astrox 69. I still prefer the Voltric 7 over the Astrox.

I also think that the stringing was not suitable for the Astrox so I wasn't enjoying it much previously. I recently had it restrung with the BG 80 at 26 lbs and it feels a lot better when playing.

7. Anant

Anant New Member

How's the LD3 or the LD9 in comparison? Any idea?

They're available in my country. I'm sorely tempted to buy one just for future use but they're so expensive that given my age and my skill level, I'm not sure if they're a useful/worthy investment :'(

8. TSchops

TSchops Regular Member

Sorry no experience with either the LD3 or 9... I found the ZF-II really hard to handle and when I was buying it was a lot more expensive than the LDF which I eventually bought

9. Budi

Budi Regular Member

ZF are unique on its own & nothing similar to it. For those who is using one, its hard to move on to other new racket. Thus any store who still own it, consider it limited product of legendary racket & sell it higher than average coz they know, even with an up price, older model, & aged technology, it still most wanted item for many.

While LDF practically just another high end that use Lindan fame to boost it sales & we all know LD himself didnt use it but just repainted ZF

10. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    I didn't even move on to Voltrics, Im still using Armortec :cool::p

Dekkert and pootisfoib like this.
  11. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    What current racket do you think is closest to the Voltric 80?

12. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Power age are over when Astrox series released. Now are the age of speed & i never try VT80, so this all are based on paper only.
    In term of numbering VT80 replacement should be 88D but it should play differently. Tried OG88D but its power are no match to Voltric series (VT i had tried are the low end like VT5/7/10DG & all carry massive power but slower manouver) yet it surely easier manouver & fast.
    But in term of swing weight, it should be 99 yet again it might be different due to Namd & weight distribution, etc. (Never tried 99)

13. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    Thanks Budi. I tried the Astrox 88d and 88s. Both were too different to the VT80: one was very poor at net play and delicate slices, the other was poor at accurate smashes. The VT80 was superb at both of these. I then tried the 100zz which again had superb power, but didn't have the flexibility, swing speed and superb touches that the VT80 could produce. So now I am back to square one.

I've just bought a VT7.....so let's see what it's like. I continue my search.