Voltric 80 V Arcsaber Z Slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by drew tze en, Apr 20, 2011.

1. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Yes your probably right but for some1 it takes too much time getting used to it that you will loos alot of mathces becaus of it... My teammate have had his for like a year and still sometimes tooootaly misshits and don't even hit the shuttle... But when you actually hit the sweet spot it is an amazing feeling. That feeling you get almost everytime with the Voltric 80 just a little bit less so I really look forward to try it ;)

2. bh.bruce

bh.bruce Regular Member

i think you'd love the vt80 ! i hope you enjoy it as much as i do !

3. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Why do you hope you will like the Z-slash better?

4. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Sorry what racket is SiW35 not so good with other brands than yonex and forza :p

5. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Thank you! Looking forward to test it! =D Thx for your kind replies ;)

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Victor SuperWaves 35 ? Possibly one of the best rackets ever made...

7. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Arc Sabre Z Slash is definitely one of the better makes in Yonex history but recent batches are suspect from the way the frame sinks under the strings to medium high-er tension (not the case with initial batch/batches). Inside Waves 35 can't be denied it's hallmark as a rock star of baddy racquets in recent times.

8. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Ah sound good ;)

9. samsudds

samsudds Regular Member

Engineer
    hi..i just bought arc-zs and strung it to 27lbs....is it true max is 24lbs? and having frame-sinks syndrome?

10. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

All 5 of my Arc Sabre Z-Slash are at the 25-27 lbs. tension range and that is no problem (for my first 5 racquets bought in Sept. 2009; all JP 2U). Because I love it so much I decided to get a few more a couple months back. The recent 3 racquets acquired were strung at 27 lbs. and after a few stringjobs the strings began to sink into the grommets down to the the frame itself. So I had the grommets changed but don't think it can be remedied now. Luckily, all my older Z-Slash are still looking strong. Guess, have to cut off the strings of my previous 5 Z-Slashes and keep it. Meanwhile, I'll try to rejig my recent 3 frames until it gives totally. Perhaps, it's just a bad batch but we'll definitely know for sure.

11. Barca

Barca Regular Member

Do all 3 rackets have the sink problem at the same area? This symptoms happens more frequently to the grommets at 5 and 7 o'clock. This may well be the reason Yonex has those continuous grommets to replace the single grommet at these 2 positions.

12. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

More at the 10 to 11 and 1 to 2. Replacing the grommets just prolongs their usable life, of which I am fine with it since they play the same (until further decline). I'd guess their serviceable life can be extended by replacing the grommets every stringjob but won't prevent from further overall frame deterioration. Probably the newer batches will suffer the same fate as the latter batches of AT700s.

13. Barca

Barca Regular Member

Yes, Those positions are prone to sinking too. 27lbs isn't that high tension. I think we have a serious problem here. I only have one ARCZS which is from the early batch. Another one is the TH version which is my current go to racket. I wonder whether this symptoms is common among the TH version too.

14. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Haven't heard nor seen any problems with the TH version and so it must meant that the batches made later than the TH version are the ones having the frame problems. Anyways, probably best to buy Z-Slashes that are 09 coded (makes) from people unloading their Z-Slashes.:)

27 lbs tension isn't that high enough therefore that's what makes it worrisome. Again, probably just a bad batch until more people comes out with the same issues.

15. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Hi again! Now I have finaly got my hands on the Voltric 80 and tried it all day long ;) It is the best racket I have ever tried. It got just as much smashing power as the Z-slash or even more. It is better in every possible way: Net drop, flat game, clearing, smashing, defence. I really do like the Z-slash but I find the Voltric 80 much better caus of the bigger frame and a lot bigger sweet spot. You will allways be happy with the way you smash, I didn't have any timing issues. Guys, this is my opinion not saying it is facts, for you it can be different. It all depends on your muscles and technique wether your will have the same experience as I had. Good luck with your choice!

16. bh.bruce

bh.bruce Regular Member

glad you enjoyed it loopedd !

17. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Thanks! =D I really did =D

18. Freerider-Dave

Freerider-Dave Regular Member

Building Distribution

Are you saying frame hits will kill the racket? I just cant see it my arc ZS is bullet proof. I know people who abuse there rackets (sliding them to pick up shuttle, dropping them, General No care) which pisses me off, but there rackets are still perfectly funtional. My racket has never been dropped dinged or slid and is perfect. It just sounds a little odd that miss hits on the frame will cause that much trauma.

19. LoOpEdd

LoOpEdd Regular Member

School
    Yeah I agree, I once played mix with Voltric 70 tough and I was going to smash and then the girl I was playing with took up her racket right infront of me so I hit her racket with almost a full power smash and nothing happened to either racket. (voltric 70's frame is also very thin) Most often I think it is pure luck wether the racket break or not but as long as you are carefull, there is no need to worry ;)

20. Freerider-Dave

Freerider-Dave Regular Member

Building Distribution
    Well a full on racket to racket hit I would of expected to be damaging so that was lucky. I was refering to when you miss hit the shuttle and hit the frame rather then strings. Because the other guy was talking about the smaller head on the ASZS then said a couple of hard frame hits and the racket is done. Surley the shuttle cannot be a threat to the frame?