Voltric 80 Ltd

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by gsloh, Jun 3, 2011.

1. yves.

yves. Regular Member

Student
    I still think they shouldn't have left the upper part of the shaft white, just doesn't look quite right...

2. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Hee Hee...

Getting the VT80LTD soon. :D
    Thanks to my main man visor!!!!!

Now I have a back-up racket to my VT80 (original color).
    Both will be 3UG5.

And that ends my racket buying spree (at least for this year ;)).

3. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Are you getting one from outside? Yonex Canada only supplies 4U. Couldn't get used to my LTD in 4U, after playing with the 3U VT80.

4. CanucksDynasty

Yeah, got it outside....from RKEP.

I would have bought it locally if they had any VT80LTD in 3UG5. Was at TADs a couple of weeks ago and actually saw a 3UG5 for the VT80 and CD coded. But I wanted the red color :p. Also, I now prefer G5 grip...so my choices are limited if Yonex Canada mainly supplies G3 and G4 grip sizes.

5. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    I know what you mean. The VT80 LTD is only available in 4U, with G4 and G5 in Canada. I just had to have the nice red one, so I got the 4U....comparing it to the 3U in VT80, I find it's too light and requires a lot more effort from the back as well as smashing. Back to my old trusty white VT80 :).

6. CanucksDynasty

mybadmintonstore is selling the VT80LTD SP version for US$215 on their website if you really want a red color 3U. It comes in G4 or G5 grip only though. It's a bit pricey at US$215 but if you buy more stuff...you can save on shipping costs. Just an idea.

7. bogensaebel

bogensaebel Regular Member

student
    I just wonder what's the occasion for this LTD Edition?? it somehow quite doesn't make sense IF it's just about repainting..??it's quite acceptable if it's released after OG12 like before but at this current time??hmm..YY knows better...if that's the case then it's should be a new model around the OG12 is't?
    if this is just about painting then I suggest YY customizes the painting selections for each new model :D
    I said once to a top YY retailer owner in Germany that business-strategie-wise racket's market is similiar to handset's market at the moment..it's undeniable is't? :D (Yonex=Apple, Li-Ning=Android, Victor=Symbian lol)

8. CanucksDynasty

The limited version was for the 30th Japan Open(?) and only a small amount of it was produced. This is the VT80LTD JP 30th anniversary edition. Has a sticker and special serialized number (I think). Cost about US$400 (I think). So I guess that would be a collector's item.

Then I guess YY decided to use the same paint job and sell to the masses (like me). The VT80LTD is the same as the VT80 but just different colour.

9. SGplayer2002

SGplayer2002 Regular Member

student
    yonex with their hiher priced jp ravkets... all the coding means the same racket, they are just coded to make sure that some of the distributors in other countries dont take rackets for lower prices from another area