Volant Wear - Badminton Inspired Activewear

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by OveRHeaDCleaR, Jul 3, 2020.

?

What Would You Like To See More of?

1. Mens Tee

2. Mens Hoodie

3. Mens Shorts

4. Mens Joggers/Track Pants

5. Womens Tee

6. Womens Hoodie

7. Womens Skirts

8. Womens Shorts

9. Womens Joggers/Track Pants

10. Other (Please Comment!)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OveRHeaDCleaR

OveRHeaDCleaR New Member

Hi Everyone,

My friend and I created a badminton inspired activewear brand in the last year with the vision to show the world how incredible badminton is and wanted to share this with you all and get some feedback.

Our website is here: www.volantwear.com

We have been playing the sport for many years and was tired of seeing the conventional bright and unsightly badminton wear that you wouldn't be caught dead in outside of the stadium.

We fund this all by ourselves (hence the small amount of products) and are hoping to bring out more products and would like to know what everyone would like to see?

Thanks so much!

P.S. There are many blogs/resources as well as a link to our podcast, The Badminton Podcast on there as well for those who are interested :)

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO the designs are too basic. I can't justify for myself to buy a 30$ shirt which looks like a fruit of the loom shirt with a print from spreadshirt or out of decathlon basic line. Sorry, for these harsh words, but IMO there are enough alternatives like under armor or the park series from Nike or the basic stuff from Yonex. Just to name a few.

https://www.amazon.de/Under-Armour-Fitness-T-Shirt-Heather/dp/B01FA6V8J0?th=1&psc=1

https://www.amazon.de/YONEX-Tee-Shi...=yonex+shirt&qid=1593854772&s=apparel&sr=1-28

https://www.amazon.de/Herren-Kurzar...ke+park+shirt&qid=1593854808&s=apparel&sr=1-1

I personally think that you can improve in the design. Just a simple hint place the logo and at different places of the shirt, give them different colors, or replace it with the writing from the shorts and you have a collection. I would also prefer to see some grey tones and mottled fabric. I personally dislike this white fabric, black logo and vice versa. the contrast is too high and it looks cheap.

If you are planning to make to make unisex or female shirts the shape of the logo in the middle of the chest is not the right spot. You know what I mean.

I wish you the best with your clothing line, but IMO there are design issues to improve to stand out of the mass. An this is even possible with more quiet designs. As somebody who sold abstract canvases painted by my own as a guest in an art gallery for a few years, I know a little bit of aesthetics, colors, shapes... Good luck.

I3ugs likes this.
  3. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    I like the idea of wearing stuff from a badminton brand in casual life.
    The problem is with badminton not being so popular, nobody will recognize it as such if it only shows the logo.
    Especially for a rather unknown brand that isn't really related to badminton in the sense of producing badminton equipment.
    So people will only see this as a random white or black shirt.
    I think it would be a better approach to have a print/design directly relating to badminton in a cool way. Something more like this: https://www.ebay.de/i/274344601237

For wearing your shirts on court I find them to boring. Don't get me wrong, I don't like those acid-trip color shirts at all but there are some good options from FZ or even Yonex that have a good balance of not too simple and not too flashy.

So make some other colors then white/black and a design relating to badminton in any way and I'll buy it.

I3ugs and ucantseeme like this.
  4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Just idea that suddenly lighten up lamp in my head.
    Why not making character that mix of hero character & badminton.
    For example, i like One Piece. It would be cool if there is skeleton pirate flag symbol that use shuttle/racket on my shirt.

5. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

I like the minimalist designs but I feel like it doesn't stand out from Nike and UA active-wear. But compared to typical badminton clothes they are definitely more fashionable. I think your best bet is to stock them in badminton shops where the difference can be seen.

6. Williamrick

Williamrick New Member

Businessman
    Your are absolutely right. Online shopping is not an easy task. You can get fraud there.

7. Williamrick

Williamrick New Member

Businessman
    I got fraud by some online seller. I bought grunge tees for myself. And when I got through delivery, those are not the same as in the pictures.