VIVO BWF SUDIRMAN CUP 2015 : Day 5 - QUARTERFINALS (14th May 2015)

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2015' started by CLELY, May 13, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Slipping away for MAS, it seems now...

2. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    There must be something very interesting at the right side of the court. Mas players like to send the shuttle there

3. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Malaysia no longer boleh:(

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Once Jung/Kim took G2, their confidence returned and they started to play their normal game.

Game over for MAS.

5. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Korea had a bad day in office in the group phase. They had time to reflect and come out with guns blazing.
    They brought an extra coach for the WD, paid off. Malaysia also has to improve their doubles teams. Well done Korea!

6. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Not Kim. Is Jang Ye Na and Jung Kyung Hun.
    Haha... we have used to see Kim Ha Na/Jung Kyung Eun. :D

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oops. I mixed up Chang Ye Na with Kim Ha Na. Thanks for pointing it out.

8. 0ozafo0

0ozafo0 Regular Member

I thought Malaysia had to win in 2 games, shame that I was right on this one.
    Malaysia's performance at this year's Sudirman Cup has been sublime.
    Both the MD and WD could have gone either way with a little bit more consistency.
    The Malaysian camp's potential is off the charts from what I can see. Tee Jing Yee fights extremely hard and with better pacing, consistency she can upset some great players.
    TWK/GVS are excellent in offense, but when they don't have the ability to stay on the heat. They're creative and TWK's net play really sets GVS nicely. They're just lacking counter attack game right now, i'm convinced if they can get on the offense, they can get through any pair.
    As for WD, WKW is definitely the weak link in that pair. Lacks control of her emotions, wears her heart on her sleeve. Stamina is also an issue, in late G2 and G3 of this last one, she got caught out by a flick that didn't even go that far back but she couldn't react to it.
    CPS/GLY really demonstrating why they were World #3. Could be better in the front runner position, seems like they come off the boil and get too comfortable when leading.

Let's see what Morten is going to do with these players during the qualification process.
    I do expect to see all of them qualify for olympics over the now independant players.
    KKK/TBH might have a shot, but their ranking is so low right now, I don't know if they'll be able to get enough points to over take TWK/GVS in time.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Okay the end of the match. What a tough fight. The result could have gone either way too. The MD match is the determining match. So happy to be able to see an exciting MD match. Although Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong lose to Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong but I still reckon that this pair really has got good future together. Goh V Shem is still not totally healed from his knee injuries yet as mentioned in the recent news. Congratulations for winning in the group stage matches although they lost it this time. As Lee / Yoo are seeded world ranking no 1 of course they hold an edge to win this game. However kudos to the Malaysian MD for playing very well today once again.

Well as for Sung Ji Hyun her performance is not so good today but it is enough to win Tee Jing Yi.

Lee Chong Wei did a good job by winning the MS match over Son Wan Ho. Poor Son Wan Ho is already running out of energy and stamina in the second set but is forced to play on. That is why in the end he lost. Thankful that the match didn't drag to the third set if not Son Wan Ho would have been panting non stop already.

As for the WD match, both played quite well and Vivian Hoo Kah Mun / Woon Khe Wei did a good job to win the first set. However Chang Ye Na / Jung Kyung Eun stage a fight back and won.

So pity not to be able to watch Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying playing today. This is the match that I really would like to see being played today. I am looking forward to watch them play in XD but didn't have the opportunity. I knew the Malaysia Xd are far more better than the Korean XD. I don't see how Kim Gi Jung / Shin Seung Chan can win today XD match. If the XD match is played earlier, Korea may not have won the match or maybe Korea would only win 3-2.

Finally congratulations to Korea and Malaysia for giving us such a good and entertaining world class match today. This match is definitely more exciting than the China versus Germany match. :)

#229 blabl, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  10. POTUS

POTUS Regular Member

I'm happy KOR play as the real seeded #2 today.

11. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Match overview of Thursday, May 14, 2015 (Day 5)

Quarterfinals: China - Germany 3-0
    Quarterfinals: Korea - Malaysia 3-1

Level 2 Canada - Brazil 3-1
    Level 2 France - Singapore 3-2
    Level 2 Spain - USA 3-1

Level 3 Group B Switzerland - Italy 3-2
    Level 3 Group B Vietnam - Australia 3-2

Level 4 Group A Philippines - Nigeria 5-0
    Level 4 Group B Kazakhstan - Seychelles 4-1
    Level 4 Group B Sri Lanka - Israel 3-2

12. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Nah, I believe they gave it away... in order to avoid China enroute to the final.

They are good with calculations. However at the same time Malaysia did also play well, but you can tell Korean MD and XD were not putting in 100%.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I really must admit that Lee Yong Dae performance is really very unpredictable this days. Sometimes he would just play really , really bad and go off track. At least Yoo Yeon Seong plays better. Sometimes I do pity Yoo Yeon Seong for having to cover up for Lee Yong Dae mistakes most of the time. Yes, I cannot say they are the winning pair now. It was not like the good olden days whereby I can proudly proclaim they will win. I still remembered how they lose to Michael Fuch and Johannes Schotler last year and other lower ranked players. This year they have not been playing that well either. I remembered how both Lee / Yoo lose to Mads / Mads in the first round of the All England Open. They also lose to Indonesia MD easily now. Their inconsistency is getting more prevalent.

14. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    You're definitely wrong, by losing against MAS earlier and being the runner-up in group stage they became the 'free ball' and faced the risk to be drawn against CHN in QF or being placed in the same half, which luckily they evaded both :D now they have good chance to cruise into the final beating JPN/DEN.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

However, I am still thankful that Lee / Yoo won the MD match today so that the Korea spirit is really up. If they lose the MD again, the Korea team spirit would have been low and Korea might not win the match today. However, I must admit that the best player of the match today is still Lee Chong Wei for Korea vs Malaysia match. I also observed that Tee Jing Yi has also improved a lot despite still not totally healed from her injuries yet. Anyway happy that Korea won today. :)

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes I agree with you. No match fixing here or whatsoever. The reason is because of Lee / Yoo who played badly and lose the MD match. That cause the Korean team spirit to be low. Plus like it or not I must also admit that Malaysian players have really improved a lot especially Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong and Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying. Both played so well throughout the whole tournaments. Congratulations. Thankful that the XD is not the first match. If not Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying would have won the match and then the Korea team spirit may be low again causing them to lose.

17. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    It was more or less the service judge who made LYD/YYS lose to MAS MD in the Group stage, because LYD had about 7 service faults I think.

18. POTUS

POTUS Regular Member

it just a spinning wheel.
    at least for this year, they have gold for Asian Championship and as RU for the premier SS in Malaysia. You can ask more specially when you compete in the very very intense sector.

19. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Really looking forward for the titanic clash between KOR and JPN in the semifinal !

20. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Isn't this a weird set of circumstances. Korea essentially lost nothing by losing in the group phase to Malaysia, for not only is it in the Semifinals, it is also in the draw opposite to China.