VIVO BWF SUDIRMAN Cup 2015 : Day 4 - Group Stage Matches (13th May 2015)

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2015' started by CLELY, May 12, 2015.

1. chowyunfat

chowyunfat Regular Member

banking
    The current Spore team is the worst ever, no fighting spirit, no stamina, no technical skill especially Derick Wong. Derick Wong, Danny Bawa n Vanissa Neo don't deserve to be in the team. All show no improvement after so many years.The coaches must also take the blame, training not tough enough, advise during game interval not good either. The current Spore team & coaches need a big overhaul.

2. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    I am sorry I guess I was not able to explain myself. I want to see rivalries in badminton. Yes we see CHN as one and so far a LXR vs WYH or a CL vs LD doesnt comes across as rivalry. The rivalries badminton world is able to publishize are TB vs CHN, SN vs CHN, CM vs CHN, IR vs CHN, TTY vs CHN cause even in singles it comes across like CH plays as one. There is no fault in that from CHN per se as a nation but consider if it frees and lets all its reserve players to compete in tournaments all the top 10 or more in all disciplines would be them. With tennis or athletics if it starts happening that only USA starts winning every discipline in athletics and not just one discipline of it. Or Russia started with an army i tennis and started winning evry discipline, MS,WS,MD,WD,XD in all the ATPs GS consistently. I agree with Kwun the cause has because the players havent been able to come out of shadow of the nation and even in SSP we consider the players more by their country which is the reason.

3. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    100% agreed to this. Badminton is plagued from this crit, Nations should leave their tight control in the individual tournaments atleast which should be open for all to compete like a grand slam and the players are on their own then only we might see this kind of turn around. The nation can have their say on the team championships and believe me there are many for the takings for their investments we have one team championships every year + the Olympics the Asian games for the nations to rejoice.
    I am not sure I would have enjoyed the Sampras vs Agassi if the US Tenis Association literally controlled them, paid them & catered to their trainings and travel expenses :)
    Similarily I am not sure, I believe, I see the same quality when I see matches of players from the same country aka Saina Nehwal vs PV Sindhu, a JYJ vs SJH, LD vs CL or a LXR vs WYH even if they compete hard it just doesnt seems fair since there are the same set of people who control these players and in a away are benefactors of the outcome of the matches. yes there are exceptions and some quality matches played amonngst them too still.

But how many players can pull it on their own expenses for individual participations and expenses? if it is left to them, with so little money involved in it Alas!
    I hope the game generates more or gets more investments to change such things...

#263 gopalprasad, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015