Vietnam Grand Prix :Sunday (nov11,2007)

Discussion in 'Vietnam Open / China Open (2) 2007' started by leonardklh, Nov 10, 2007.

1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Agree it will be difficult but not impossible if it's about winning a medal in OG08.WCH and RH both have experience, belief and incredible determination on their side.RH, despite trailing so far behind in his matches against NTM and AT,was adamant not to let in a rubber and he proved he could do it , not once but TWICE.I'm delighted for him because it means he can do it again and again.If he can ensure that his matches do not stretch to 3 games, he will have a chance.
    Stamina (and speed) will be a problem.They can slog for that for just one tournament. Speed? LCW, in FO, has proven physical speed,while useful, is not key. It is tactics, mental speed and the readiness to take risks that swing it.
    What I don't understand is why members will chime in about 'Why peak now?' when MAS players win titles? I don't remember hearing such chorus when CHN wins.How do you know when you'll peak and go off peak? Should players go into tournaments to lose so they'll win in OG08? Is this a lot of hot air or sour grapes?
    Congrats, Roslin! Savour the feelings of a champion but take no holiday. A new journey has just begun.All the best.

2. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    If Russia, India, and the US get enough consistent sponsorship money for superseries, then BWF officials have to drop Singapore, Hong Kong, and one of the two Chinese Super Series [a bit too many]... in order to make badminton a truly global sport... :p

I think Hong Kong Gold GP, Singapore Gold GP, and China Gold GP will go well with Germany Gold GP, Macau Gold GP, Thailand Gold GP, and the Philippines Gold GP... :D

Ok, I'm just writing fiction for now... I know that realistically in the near future it won't happen... ;)

3. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Errr, I think Andre should be highlighted a lot more in Super Series Events. That kind of skill is not worthy to be kept for minor tournaments, it was big match temperament that let him down in the final.

Let him play the qualifiers, I am sure he will come through. He did good enough in INA SS.

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Let it come true! :):) Then we will have more SS in our badminton calender with proper facilities, aka reliable websites. Not necessarily that Singapore, Hongkong and other smaller countries in terms of physical size, but not lacking in sponsorships, be dropped.

Also a good excuse for Rudy to travel the world over and over again! Others with money and time on their hands, like fastdrop, may be able to join him and perhaps take a closer look at the Russian girls who have made such a great impact on tennis. ;)

Sandy and fellow PAWers will be happier being more frequently occupied with the game!:cool::D And Louisa from Cat City will look forward to winning a LV bag et all!

#204 Loh, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I want to say something for the records and that is LCW has come of age. Under Misbun, LCW is now FEARED and not fearing.

I do not see any more posts ridiculing LCW and that is a clear sign everyone has got plenty of respect for him. Although he can lose one in the early rounds, he would come back stronger each time to take revenge and showed how easy it was.

As the China Open rolls near, I would say that everyone has LCW on their lips. Will it be another big tournament for him? I dare say if the unknowns (e.g. serious injury) do not happen, he is ready to scale and conquer another mountain. His physical form, his mental alertness, his confidence, etc are at its best. He is cool and collective in his matches working out his opponents very quickly, stepping up the pressure when he needs to -- and that was very visible in his 2nd game against BAO.

The question on everyone's mind is obviously whether he will beat LD. In the past, an answer from anyone would likely be something along these lines "if luck in on his side it is possible....". However, I would like say times have changed. If Chinese fans (and all others of LD) do not want to be disappointed in the China Open, I think they should perhaps acknowledge now LCW is very hard for LD to beat. That way, the consequence may not be so harsh if LD fails to beat LCW.

And I would say, the above is a fair comment even though it sounds a bit arrogant of me but the truth does hurt at times. It is not crowing about LCW but helping to bring to light what is probably the hardest thing to accept when things turn suddenly in an event. LCW has been working on his comeback since the departure of his former coach Li Mao.If you remember, he said it would take him a little while to get back up again. I would like to remind everyone that this has now come around. He has risen and he will stay that way for a long time coming......GET USED TO IT.

6. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    [Also a good excuse for Rudy to travel the world over and over again! Others with money and time on their hands, like fastdrop, may be able to join him and perhaps take a closer look at the Russian girls who have made such a great impact on tennis. ;)

Haiya Uncle LOH...dont make me look like a playboy.....:crying::crying:

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    are we talking about LCW or vietnam open final here. this post should be moved to "LCW's fans here" thread :p :p :p

8. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Do you learn anything from the offshoots of this thread? These posts represent a healthy discussion generated by the incredible comeback victory of Roslin in the MSF, don't you think so? XBall's excellent post is too big to fit into the 'LCW's fans here' thread.It is meant more for non-LCW fans. Where do you think it should go?

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

sorry, off-topic

Xball,

True, LCW is mentally stronger now. But also true he faltered at WC 07(again). That was just 2 short months ago. I'm sure you have seen his interview in "My Olympic" - OG 2004, WC 2006, WC 2007 - when asked why he crashed out early rounds, LCW said "Pressure, kua" with different variations for each event.

French Open - he did said he played without pressure(due to the knee injury), which is good for him. Past records for LCW show - he buckle under pressure.

As many have also said and seen, his opponents are surprised with the change of tactics. As usual, his opponents will study him, find ways to counter or make it more difficult for him, esp China. With so many China MS, if they lose, malu-lah for them.

OG has higher pressure than SS, SS Finals, or even Thomas Cup. Hopefully he can improve his mental strength (improvement is always good) come Beijing 2008.
    Yes, LCW has risen, he needs to ensure he stay that way.

10. TH_4_President

TH_4_President Regular Member

probably it should have gone to "TH fans lets ngombe rame-rame (come together)" thread...hihihihihihi..:D:D:D:D:D, peACE yo..:D:D

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Well said...btw, did LCW played in OLY04, I thought LCW first majors was WC05 where he got bronze?

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Rudy, can't you become a talent scout instead? ;) Remember the Russian girls have glamorized and 'modernized' tennis, can't they do the same for badminton? Then the money will flow in and we will see more talented beauties in badminton! Chicken and egg situation but all for a good cause! :cool:

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

If you type "My Olympic" in Youtube or search in the Video Sharing Thread of this forum, you'll find the interview - it's in Mandarin though, done by CCTV-5. LCW was the last Msian standing, lost in rubber to Chen Hong. They showed the clip of that match.

The Youtube version isnt complete, if you look in "LCW fans, come in" thread, a fan posted the direct link to CCTV-5 website. There's another 2 minutes or so of the clip showing LCW up to WC 07. They didnt show his win in Japan Open, so I assume the interview was done between Aug - Sept 07

CCTV-5 also interviewed Taufik, Peter Gade and a couple of others.

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You said it :) Cheers.