Video WSF Audina-Zhang

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by Upquark, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Mini Me

Mini Me Member

there will be no difference between using vdub and vdubmod for your encoding. vdubmod is a modification to vdub with the main added features being that it opens mpeg2 files and can mux vbr mp3s, whereas vdub only does cbr mp3 i think. but i find the vbr mp3 feature just about useless since vbr is what causes a lot of desynching issues with avi files. using virtualvcr will make no difference in your case because you said your capture is already in synch and it is only the encoded file that desynchs.

2. Mini Me

Mini Me Member

it's not much of an advantage when the commentator knows nothing about badminton and is actually a former rugby referee. gordon bray should stick to rugby commentary. :p

3. stumblingfeet

stumblingfeet Regular Member

Just started downloading... it should take a while, but thanks for the video!

4. Sliced Drop

Sliced Drop Regular Member

You should consider yourself fortunate to not have to listen to Bravo's drivel (USA). Whilst it's obvious that the commentators, or more probably, some back office lackies, have done a lot of research on the sport and players, the commentry contains many non-badminton phrases, such as describing an unexpected drop as a 'change-up' (baseball term for a slow pitch), and ignores many of the games more subtle points.

Their understanding of deception is pretty much limited to the embarrassing moments when they announce loudly "Smash Time!!!" only for the player to drop. I've seen some fantastic net shot deceptions that they completely missed.

Most egarious is the fact that they've decided that Americans are not capable of understanding the scoring system and insist on always announcing the score highest first, eg "...is serving 9 to 2 down" instead of "...is serving 2 - 9".

And they just won't shut up. They waffle on through the entire rallie. After seeing the BBC coverage of Sydney 2000, where the commentry was fantastic, this is killing me.

5. Upquark

Upquark Regular Member

Java developer
    Well, the Dutch commentary on this match isn't that great neither; for example, how about the saying that one player's got 6 game points when she leads with 10-4? Ridiculous.

Anyway, I see the movie nicely spreading, with 17 people downloading it. I'll leave it on for the next few days, until enough people have got it. Please keep the file shared, as I can't leave it on forever (isp with data limit :()

6. garish

garish Regular Member

7. viver

viver Regular Member

Hi,
    Is this file still available? I can't seem to find it.

8. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Well, as I said before the problem with torrents it that they don't last long...

You can still find the match on eMule though :

ed2k://|file|Badminton-2004-Olympics-WS-Final-Audina-ZhangNing-g123.mpg|644802564|E9C6639222D7CE2CB8CCE52AFF7CE865|/

And also the mixed doubles final :
    ed2k://|file|Badminton-2004-Olympics-MD-Final-Zhang_Gao-Robertson_Emms-g123..asf|379304093|B4980E50EFCAAA76B8427D49014B2E78|/

9. viver

viver Regular Member

Seven,
    Thank you so much for the info. Was not able to find in on e-mule before. Now it's ok and waiting. :D

10. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Here's the men's singles final too :

ed2k://|file|Badminton-2004-Olympics-MS-Final-Hidayat-ShonSM-g12.avi|314550272|BD994E12C5372D8876E4D241333E310C|/

11. viver

viver Regular Member

Thanks again. I'll keep the ed2k link. For now I am just downloading the Ladies singles final. I'll do next the XD and then the Mens singles. :D

12. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    You can also set several downloads at a time and give different priorities to your downloads so that you get the WS in priority... :cool:

Anyway, the WS video is in Dutch.
    The XD file is in Chinese (from CCTV5) and the MS file is in English (from CNBC).

I found some other files which I think should be in Chinese (I've not yet downloaded them) :

ed2k://|file|badminton-Olympics-2004-WS-final.rmvb|217156543|D63680DFB461441996B14F8BF8B212F8|/
    ed2k://|file|Badminton-Olympics-2004-XD-FinalÂ*2.rmvb|114269404|99435DFC11ECCD859F48FB6F57D84439|/
    ed2k://|file|Badminton-Olympics-2004-XD-FinalÂ*3.rmvb|112220604|4334D357D2A3D9C6A1EF26C15CD4707B|/

13. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

I just finished to download the WS .. and it's AMAZIIIIIIING !! Does anybody think that it could be the best match ever??
    Both of them fought for every point like tiger lool ... there was not short rally but only intense point ... i'm WAOUU !!
    i think technically mia was better ... and powerfully lool
    she made some extraordinary smatch with always a little shriek lol
    and her crossed drop shot ... FANTASTIC !!

14. laughable c.

laughable c. Regular Member

to burn a hole(s) in my seat - more difficult than
    YEAH, BEST WOMEN'S SINGLES .. SINCE GONG ZHI CHAO VS CAMILLA MARTIN (IN THIS GREAT TOURNEY I CAN'T SEEM TO RECALL)

yeah, i feel that way too.but in the third game, i think zhang prevailed because she was much more determined and calm and collected. that really made a lotta diff.

but i must say, i couldn't quite agree to the way mia reacted towards a lines' call.. the way she defiantly gave a thumbs up gesture to the umpire! that was a bit rude; not to mention scary.. like a threat...

15. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Yes her reaction was inappropriate but from the TV angle, there were at least two clearly bad line calls against her which is never easy to handle with when you are in an olympic final...

Anyway, this was a great match for sure, we said before the final that it would be THE match of the decade... and I think we weren't disappointed!! :D

16. IntenseParanoia

IntenseParanoia Regular Member

Can someone seed the video? I can't seem to connect to anyone.

17. laughable c.

yeah sure. but imho, it's always wise never to create scenes esp when concerning bad line calls. because the umpire will always win (xcept in mia's case.. i don't know why the umpire gave in...)as they respect the linesmen's call, albeit sleeping linesmen.

one thing i don't understand is how linesmen in tennis tournaments can judge with such accuracy; even when the ball lands just a strand away from the line, they could perceive. as compared to how badminton linesmen can misjudge shuttlecock fallen wide/long off the court by a stretch.

18. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    You must let eMule running longer (you won't connect instantly to anyone as there are queue systems), once you have downloaded enough (approx 9 megs I think) to start uploading yourself you will see that the download will increase speed!

19. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Well, I find that badminton linesmen are generally better and make less mistakes than tennis linesmen... :rolleyes: (but that's only a subjective view)

20. laughable c.

LOLLOL!! it seems our views clash continually.. hahah! anyway i'm enjoying my peanut butter bread too much to argue.. ;)