[Video Review] Tennisman StringMaster Deluxe SE

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by s_mair, Apr 5, 2019.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Sadly, I haven't had the pleasure of using a Toyo machine yet.

I know the semi-automatic bases from AEF (they build the Superstringer machines which I've been using for the past three years) and they clearly play one league lower. There's a lot more CNC-machining going on in the StringMaster (Xpider) bases and there is less play.

I used a Gamma machine with semi-automatic bases for a couple of jobs s while ago. From memory, they felt very similar in terms of build quality. Seriously, there is not a single thing I would change about the bases and the clamps as well on the StringMaster (even if they miss the diamond coated teeth). They do a fantastic job.

Not sure if you've checked out the higher level integrated electronic machines that they are offering. There is the "Diamond" that apparently comes with a self-raising diablo/tensioner in the badminton-only version - as seen on other machines in the past (see http://www.tennisman.de/Weiteres/Be...ungsmaschine-TennisMan-Diamond-Badminton.html).

So if that OEM has been rather silent over the past years according to your great thread, they seem to be stepping up their game massively now if you ask me.

#21 s_mair, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    KWSKJP likes this.
  2. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

s_mair and Super85 like this.
  3. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    Tennisman, what are the differences between the 3700 Pro and Deluxe? Is it that the Deluxe can string tennis rackets as well? Or are there material/build quality differences as well?

I'm not looking to buy soon but I know I will want to upgrade in the future. I had my eyes set on the S90 + WISE. Are the StringMaster worth the ~£200 extra over an S90?

4. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

3700 Pro is only for Badminton Rackets. Deluxe machines are Tennis stringing machines which you can also use for Badminton (with the Badminton Kit).
    I have never seen the 3700 machines live before (only on Pictures). They will arrive with the Container at the end of the next month. I can tell you more after i have seen them live. Maybe i can send one to a Forum member who can test it.

thyrif likes this.
  5. thyrif

thyrif Regular Member

Yes please. The towers look a bit different on the 3700 and I'd like to see if they feel the same quality.

#25 thyrif, Apr 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  6. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It's been a while, but here's the promised full stringjob video that shows the StringMaster Deluxe SE in action:

Hope you like it!

DarthHowie, dsmbooster and tjiew like this.
  7. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    how much for the combo clamp & base ? TENNISMAN

8. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

I´m sorry, but the clamp bases are not available. They are only available with the machine. It think the price for one base would be about 300,- Euro, so it is not interesting. => Price of the clamps is 89,- Euro/pcs

9. radu_popeanu

radu_popeanu Regular Member

Sales Manager
    July allready here and the 3700 stringing machine still not available! Will it be ever be available? Thanks!

10. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Did you write to tennisman? The website shows it is in stock.

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Last time I spoke with Dirk, most of the StringMasters were finally on stock. And as long as the online shop says that it's available, I would assume that it's the case and that you could place an order.

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Have to say those (five-tooth) clamps are outstanding. The only bugbear I had with my Ali clamps was that they were so "fat" (in the dial-to-handle direction) that it made getting close to the frame on the oblique mains and crosses quite difficult.

The pull-up release method for the clamp bases, though, was a weird one for me; can't think of a situation where that would be optimal.

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Completely agree with that. One hand is enough to count the times I've used the pull-up release yet. Using the release button clearly is the more convenient method.

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I can only imagine it's an "all-else-has-failed" override.
    But by that point I doubt the bases would be locking in the first place...

15. Matthew Cheung

Matthew Cheung New Member

I bought this stringing machine a while back because of this video. Really enjoying using this machine

I'm currently looking for a stand for it. Was wondering if generally most floor stands out on the market fits this machine. I would buy from TennisMan.de(https://www.tennisman.de/en/Other/Stringing-Machines/Floor-Stand/Floorstand-StringMaster-black.html). But I would like to try to buy from the UK (Now that buying from EU will require import tax and some more hassle to get here). Currently, in the UK, ProsPro and Penta Premium floor stands are available for purchase.

16. Pantoufle

Pantoufle New Member

Matthew Cheung likes this.
  17. MikaelK

MikaelK Regular Member

IT Network engineer
    To those who now own and use this Stringmaster Deluxe...

I am considering to upgrade my old Pro's Pro XP plus (with Wise head) when it reach the very-soon-to-come 500.th stringing-job anniversary...

And the Stringmaster Deluxe on a stand seems to be the perfect next step for me.

But I am struggling to decide on whether i should go for the short or long-edition base.
    How accessible or convenient is the tooltray during stringing?
    Those with SE, have you ever found yourself wishing for that extended tray.
    Those with the LE, have you found that bigger base to be too cumbersome and taking up too much space in the room?

Sendt fra min SM-G991B med Tapatalk

jimmy0349 likes this.
  18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I still have the SE. I have a tooltray on my stand and never missed the longer baseplate/tooltray. In fact, I've removed the tooltray from the machine completely since the edges were catching the string quite a lot. On the other hand, maybe that issue will get less since the edges of the baseplate/tooltray are farther away from the turntable, so there is less chance to make a catch.

[​IMG]

If you plan to transport you machine a lot (tournaments etc.), then the longer baseplate does make sense to provide some extra safety for the WISE since it's no longer sticking out. On the other hand, it adds another couple of lbs. to the weight (which is really heavy to begin with).

Bottom line, I don't think there is a clear answer to this and it's more a personal decision.

19. Tennisman

Tennisman Regular Member

Hello Badminton community. We created a brand new Motor which has a higher quality then the wise motor. Knot function, glide to activate and much more: [​IMG]

Here you can see the video:

emjay, Brunoille, xZhongCheng and 5 others like this.
  20. paul27

paul27 Regular Member

When is it available? How much?