VIDEO: Finishing knot with no tension loss

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Feb 24, 2012.

1. fedro19

fedro19 New Member

That's what i was about to say, just wondering if you could add another angle.

#21 fedro19, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  2. ThomasJones

ThomasJones New Member

Yeah, really this knot is amazing and provides a good result. Now I know this name Wilson Pro knot. Thanks for the information. Yes AK is right.It is the best knot for fighting tension loss.

#22 ThomasJones, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    kakinami likes this.
  3. CharlesCowan

CharlesCowan New Member

The pro knot, (Parnell knot), is a great knot to use that you can cinch up nice, to minimize loss.Go to the FAQ as YuLitle has a nice video on this knot.
    I up the tension 10% on tie offs. This is personal preference. Others don't, and some do.This is a very controversal topic, and no right answer. This is my opinion only!
    The reasons I up the tension:
    1.It keeps the end mains straighter do to the offset weave of the adjacent main (my most compelling reason)
    2.The high end machines all have them (knot button, it ups tension 10%), and they are there for a reason, or the manufactures would not go to the added expense to put it there.
    3.I know you do not hit with the end mains, but why not try to keep that string at the closest to the ref. tension as you can.
    4.Many customers will pull on that end main, as soon as you give them their racquet back.I have seen that over and over again. When they feel it tight they are happy.A good reason for me as a stringer.
    5.I asked the USRSA their stance on this, they said there is no reason to increase the tie offs, BUT there is no harm in increasing as well, so from that statement, it seems they are neutral on this topic.
    6.Most tour stringers up the tension of the tie offs, and they have their reasons as well.

Whatever you decide, the most important thing is to be consistant, so all your stringing will be the same, and your customers will know what to expect.
    Be sure that you can tie a good cinched up knot, so loss would be the most minimal as you can make it.This is the most important to be able to tie a good knot!
    If you can't tie a good knot, then take a scrap string, and practice tying knots over and over until you can consistantly do it.

yenyesoh, milou and kwun like this.
  4. milou

milou Regular Member

Go to the FAQ as YuLitle has a nice video on this knot.
    Link about this video ?

yenyesoh likes this.