Victor SH9000ACE

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by wuldup, Jan 1, 2012.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I was using 86EX before switching to SH9000, I can say they're pretty much the same size. Victor ones feel slightly narrower, and slightly shorter, but only slightly not enough to feel uncomfortable. Best try them yourself, but this is my experience (I have fairly wide feet) :)

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I would always trust the cm measurement of Victor - the 29.5 fit me perfectly. First 2-3 sessions are uncomfortable, another 3 are not-quite-there-yet and after that it's perfection. Other than the Yonex where I start with 'pretty good', get to 'great' after 2 sessions and can't get them tight enough after another 3 without ripping a shoe lace :D

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Isn't 9.5 a lil' big for you or a good fit (sounds a size too big?)? In any case a 9.5 Yonex is 27.5cm and seems Victor has the same size table ...

#363 demolidor, Apr 19, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Kazoo, my foot is 26.5cm and i am a uk size 9 in yonex and for the Victor 9000ace uk size 9 is a perfect fit also.

#364 craigandy, Apr 19, 2013
  5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Mine is just under 27 cm.

6. Kazoo

Kazoo Regular Member

I think it might be due to having wider feet, I am not sure though. My feet are about 10 cm wide (measured across just below the toes) at the widest part of my foot. In size 9.5 there is about 1.5 cm of room between my big toe and the end of the shoe (as if you were to put the width of your thumb in the gap between your big toe and the end). My feet will obviously move a small amount if I lunge, but trying to move them around while standing it might move about 1-2mm.

I guess my next question is, how much room does everyone have between their big toe and the end of the shoe?

7. Kazoo

Kazoo Regular Member

Seems like UK size 9 is the equivalent of US/CAN size 10, which would make your sizing the same as mine(26.5 cm for size 10 vs my 26 cm for size 9.5).

#367 Kazoo, Apr 19, 2013
  8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

No, a UK 9 = US 9.5 ... (for Yonex/Victor). My feet are 27cm long and 11(.5)cm at widest and I wear a US 10/should be wearing :D, but a thumb's width space is a common recommendation so you are probably still okay. Maybe I could do with a 10.5US Yonex, had a 9.5 with little room so didn't get much use and rubber has turned hard by now so a waisted pair :eek:.
    A rule of thumb was also to put your foot on a piece of paper and trace it, then measure and substract 0.5cm (to account for measuring inaccuracies) and then get 1cm up as the size so (27 - 0.5 = 26.5, 26.5 + 1 = 27.5 = 9.5US)

#368 demolidor, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

But that last one didn't turn out so well ;) (for Yonex anyway, feel Asics 27cm might be pretty close to Yonex 27.5). Not that they were too small to wear, just a size up was better ...

#369 demolidor, Apr 20, 2013
  10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Never mind that, not up to me to recommend a Victor size in general since these models all differ from generation in width, fit, etc. but 27cm or 27.5cm likely would be okay for you. Perhaps those so called "wide" feet of other 9000ACE users can be put into numbers first ;) ...

#370 demolidor, Apr 20, 2013
  11. Kazoo

Kazoo Regular Member

When I tried on some size 9's (27cm) they felt a bit snug and that's why I opted for 9.5. I guess I could technically go for the 9's and hope they expand or form to my foot. Not by any means were they overly tight, but I just preferred 9.5 when trying them on.

12. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Used my 9000's a half-dozen or so times. There is no wear to be seen on non-racquet-foot side of big toe :) just a bit of dirt. At the same stage with a pair of yonex mx101 I will have worn through the top layer in a small patch already.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Starting to wear the 9000ACE, about 3mm, now it's roughly 7-8...nearly no noticeable movement on court, however I successfully removed the glued-on top layer of the insole over the last week. Not so nice when it started bunching up under my foot today, so I had to cut it. No worries though, I've got 2 replacements from old 9000s I can use until my adidas finally arrive in the right size :D

14. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Nope mine say US 10, UK 9

15. Kazoo

Kazoo Regular Member

Do your toes ever bunch up at the end while playing since they are so close to the end?

Seems like a lot of people like a tighter fit. Maybe I will try size 9 instead of 9.5 in Victor.

16. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Not sure if that's what you want to do given that it might be narrower than the SHB86 as experienced by LD Rules. Iirc this 9000 was also more narrow than the 8500 or 8000, one of which sounded like a pretty wide shoe ...
    Sometimes you just have to walk away from a model ;) (it's not exactly ideal to buy a few sizes up just to accommodate the width, buy a wider model instead)

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

No, not after breaking them in. Perhaps in the first week where they were indeed a bit tight (but I can't go up another size - 45.5 is the largest Victor there is^^). Now they fit perfectly, enough room for toes and not too tight either. I have slightly wide feet, was unable to wear the SHB101. The 9000 were a bit uncomfortable at first, but widen nicely and have the perfect width for me now.

The SHB86 is one of the worst shoes I've ever worn. Super stiff at first, and still a long shot from comfortable when worn in (after 3-4 weeks). Kinda glad they tore so soon, the SH-F1 was much better. Still looking for that extra-durable shoe :S

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Reading it back at the time I wasn't quite sure where that UK size comparison by Kazoo came from all of a sudden but I only now see it was a reply to your post instead of Mark's ;).
    A 27.5cm one at least is a US9.5, 27 = US9 and a 26.5 is a US8.5 ... and for Yonex as well (who do have US10 as UK9.5).

Yonex$20Gr$C3$B6$C3$9Fentabelle$20003.jpg

Saw one table that had both the Yonex an Victor logo on it with the exact same UK sizes but the box trumps any non official chart :D.

#378 demolidor, Apr 21, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  19. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Weird chart, strange it should list like that, I have had yonex shoes(badminton) victor shoes(badminton) and everything else from Nike/Addidas, and dress shoes. All have always stated a full size difference between countries, i.e uk8 = us9 uk7.5 = us8.5 and so on, that's why I checked thinking Victor might do it different but no. UK9=EU44 though.

20. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Seeing quite a lot of wear & tear on these pair of shoes. They're less than a year old. Maybe about 6 months only.

Some of the red "paint" is peeling off. One of the shoe laces has actually snapped (first time this has ever happened to me). One corner of the heel area of the outer sole is actually starting to peel away from the base. Cushioning starting to fade away too, actually feeling some pain when landing sometimes. But the outer sole still looks fine, grip is still there.

I play roughly 3 times a week and these include about 5-10 sets of doubles each time. I only wear my shoes on court, not on other surfaces.

Don't get me wrong though, they're probably the best pair of badminton shoes I have ever owned in terms of performance. But durability is a bit of a disappointment.