Victor SH-A960

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Peng88s, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Peng88s

Peng88s Regular Member

How much boss??

2. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
  3. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

So after using my new SH-A960 for 2 hours here are my first impressions:

The grip is very good (at least as good as the 920)
    The comfort level is higher than any other badminton shoe I tried so far
    Stability is good enough (I guess the SH-P series are more stable)
    I didnt feel slow wearing this shoe at all, its not too bulky (no need for buying the Victor speed series shoes according to me, the A-series is quick enough)
    The cushion feels better than the 920
    The design is very good also

To summarize I think this is the best badminton shoe ever (that I have used so far).

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Can you add your previous shoes? This might be helpful for others as reference. Thx.

5. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Victor: SH-A920, SH-A850, SH-p9100. Yonex: SHB01, SHB-F1. Li-Ning-Hero 1. These are the previous shoes I can remember.

ucantseeme likes this.
  6. glntchrisandy

glntchrisandy New Member

High School Student
    H
    Hey, how does this shoe’s fit compare to the SH-A920? Any new option for this shoe now?

7. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

The A960 feels a little smaller than the same size A920, but I have used them in the same size and the fit was still fine. Did you take a look at the Victor A922? It looks like a 920 upgrade?

ucantseeme likes this.
  8. phantan123

phantan123 Regular Member

Hi Sundis, how is your A960 holding up now? Im thinking of getting the black pink model for my upcoming tournament. I decided to get this one instead of the P9210 because i dont think i need that extra support since im not a heavy person and the stability is still good enough. The main thing im worried about the A960 is its durability. Whats the condition of the outsole and insole from your time with the shoe?

9. wjsutanto

wjsutanto Regular Member

Professional Employee
    I own A960 from 2018, and it's still in good condition whether the outsole or insole. I can attest for its durability.

phantan123 likes this.
  10. ZSpeedFreak

ZSpeedFreak New Member

House Husband
    My Victor A960 midsole and outsole is still holding up pretty well. It's a durable and a remarkably comfortable shoe; however, I had to change the insole as I noticed I had already busted it up...

phantan123 likes this.
  11. phantan123

I've ordered the black pink pair, will test it in a week or so. Excited to try it out

12. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

The only weakness is that in the front upper part there is a mesh that can break a little bit. https://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/victor-a960-durability-issue.179705/

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I wouldn't call that a weakness persay. Because every shoe with that rubber mesh side had the same problems.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

14. 5130n

5130n New Member

Does this shoes give good stability to knees? Because i have overpronation and need stability shoes to reduce the pain in knees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. phantan123

IMG_20200111_170313_31.jpg IMG_20200111_170241_31.jpg

Look what came in today :)
    First impressions wise, they look very stunning. They were slightly tighter than normal but it was expected and i still find them comfortable so no worries.
    The major thing i noticed is how solid the shoe is built. When twisting the shoe, the midsole area didnt move an inch which is fantastic, if the P series is more stable than that then i know what im going to buy when im much older .
    I'll make a more in depth review later next week but so far its a very high quality and well built shoe.

16. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

The shoes look great. May I ask where you bought them? In general the sh-a960 is hard to find nowadays

17. phantan123

In my country there is a reputable badminton store chain across the country called VNB. They have a website so i can check which eqiupment they have and can ask them to ship it to the shop nearest to me.They are only a domestic brand so sadly they dont ship worldwide. They still have around 3-4 pairs of A960s at the time of my purchase so i feel quite lucky.

18. phantan123

So after using this shoe for around a month, i must say im really impressed with its performance.(BTW this is my first high end shoe so i dont have anything close to compare with):

The insole is actually thicker than i thought and soft which isn't a bad thing at all and it helps tremendously with comfort and stability. I can comfortably go through the session with very little discomfort
    The stability of the shoe is also really good, i can hardly feel it bending or twisting even when out of position. Although i would prefer the shoe to cover the ankle a bit higher but that's a bit nitpicking. Weight of the shoe doesn't affect me much since i don't notice shoe weights at all.

The outsole grips well also, the court i play on is made of wood and it can get dusty sometimes but the shoe still has ample traction.

Design wise(my version specifically), it doesn't stand out too much but it does turn a few heads when noticed as people around me are mainly familiar with Yonex stuff.

Overall, im really satisfied with how the shoe performed and i hope that Victor keeps making shoes like this in the future. Maybe next time i'll buy a P series shoe to have even more comfort and stability just because of the longevity which i value greatly when it comes to a shoe.