Victor Meteor X90 ( MX90 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

I see, thank you for also highlighting the difference in frame aerodynamics but i feel that it may very well be worth trading off for the balance i can get.

Roughly how much does MX90 go for in Singapore?

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I have no clue haha. It's not a racket I pay attention to. But used ypu can easily find a great condition one between 120-150.

3. Furholden

Furholden Regular Member

Thank you very much.

4. Alex_Xu

Alex_Xu Regular Member

NON
    Back to racket clashes
    Is it the one that hits through normally goes uninjured or the one that stops halfway?

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Doesn't really matter. You're usually gonna get some kind of damage anyway. Sometimes it depends more on how hard the hit is for whether cosmetic or actually structural damage occurs.

6. Alex_Xu

Alex_Xu Regular Member

NON
    I rather have a scratch than a "structural damage"

7. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    I recently got an MX90 and SW35. Both in 3U and they are great rackets. I own alot of rackets and gotta say the MX90 is very stable with shots compared to my SW35. Power wise, they are comparable. Its actually kinda scary to think a racket like MX90 is that powerful but much faster in defense. Btw beginner of blog question, how do you start a new forum topic? I wanna ask questions regarding the Gosen Customedge Type Z racket. Thanks.

8. raikenza

raikenza Regular Member

I've been playing more singles of late, and as much as I like my racquet, some times I just wish that there's a little more weight so that I can get a make certain shots easier. I currently use a Jetspeed 8ST, and was looking to get an all around racquet.

In comparison, is the JS 8ST and MX 90 similar in stiffness?

9. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

I'm thinking of this racket since Mx80 is not available how does this compare. Would you recommend 3u or 4u?

Is 3u too difficult to manouvre like the VT80 3u?

Also how does the MX90 play in defense doubles?

10. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    The MX90 is much more user friendly than the MX80. Defense is also very quick due to thin shaft and aerodynamic frame compared to VT80. Smashwise, the VT80 has a louder smash but not necessarily more powerful. MX90 has a more powerful smash than VT80. As a matter of fact, even more powerful than the Z Speed but not as loud (maybe try a high hitting sound string since I only use BG65). 3U is not at all hard to block with.

11. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Pretty simple: If you play more than 20% singles, I would go for a 3U. If you don't have the best defence in doubles and are quickly under pressure during fast pace games, I would go for the 4U. If you play more XD doubles than MD, I would recommend the 3U. If you need often a restring and string by yourself dump the MX.

I can't tell you something about sound and power, but you don't want to buy a mobile soundsystem. Anyway, if a racket is powerful or not depends more on the abilities and fitting of the player than anything else.

12. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

I can't tell you something about sound and power, but you don't want to buy a mobile soundsystem. Anyway, if a racket is powerful or not depends more on the abilities and fitting of the player than anything else.[/QUOTE]

Haha lol. I think he was just trying to be helpful on his observation of the racket through sound.

Is the 3U MX90 feel more or the same head heavy or tiring to use than the MX80 3U? As i tried my friends 3u MX80 and it felt quite responsive don't know if this would be the case if drop down to 4U.

I play mainly doubles (some XD and singles here and there to mix it up).

I guess if the MX90 3U is not like as bad in weight (Scale of 10?) VT80 3U in terms of weight I think I can handle as don't wont to lose too much power if that means going to 4U, but even if the defence is pretty good or decent and the 3U makes it harder or really slow in defence then this might push another way.

If you need often a restring and string by yourself dump the MX.

When you say this what do you mean is the racket prone to break strings or is it the pattern or head frame that is difficult to string if you have your own machine?

13. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    @Westcoast

3U MX80 and MX90 are pretty close in head weight. Don't have weighten the MX90, but it should be around the same head weight.

About power and defence, it's personal. Some people can generate power with more head weight, some can generate more power with less and some people have such good technique, they can hit bombs with nearly every racket when they adjust.

The racket is rock-solid. No issues of breakage. The pattern is not the easiest to thread and just made for 1-piece. 2-piece is possible, but a starter or tie-off in b5 don't goes well with my OCD.

14. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Thanks since you mention 1 piece method, I'm pretty good with the 2 piece method now. Do you know have any tips or specific link or instruction that can easily under how to do the 1 piece on the MX-90? I'm not sure if this would change from Victor to Yonex?

Tried to compare the Victor chart with MX90 and the SW37 and TK 9000 & TK6000 series.

On the Victor chart in the middle straight up is just head heavy or even balance heavy racket (SW37) as oppose to heavy and far right corner TK6000 TK8000/9000 which is heavy but more powerful?

Like compared to yonex range Voltric say is the VT80 in the far right top of victor chart and maybe the VT70 more in the middle towards the north?

15. Westcoast

Westcoast Regular Member

Did you prefer the 1st Gen or 2nd Gen MX80 (all 3u I assume?) and if whats the difference?

16. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Hi all is mx90 similar to auraspeed 90s?