Victor KOREA Open Superseries 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (18th September 2015)

Discussion in 'YONEX Open Japan / Korea Open 2015' started by CLELY, Sep 17, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : SK Handball Stadium, Seoul-KOR

Total prize-money : US$600,000

Tournament website : http://koreaopen.kr/info/default_2015.asp

Tournament time-table : http://koreaopen.kr/match/default.asp

BWF YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf

KOR time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time

QUARTERFINAL Order of Play (01.00pm local time, 3 courts) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...7C469F-DB5D-401E-938B-2EFF831C4B21&d=20150918

Son denies Chen-Lin showdown, Xu/Ma faltered

After shocked twice Olympic Champion Lin Dan, home favourite Son Wan Ho will challenge another China leading MS, two times World Champion Chen Long, close contest is expected for this big match. The world #1 Chen lost to Son in their last meeting at HKG Open last year. It would be unforgettable moment for Korean #1 if he could beat CHN twin stars in a row. Kento Momota who took revenge over Tommy Sugiarto will see bright prospect to pass HKG veteran Wei Nan. Chou Tien Chen and three surprising quarterfinalists of bottom half shouldn't waste their golden opportunity to cruise into last round. Chou will up against China left-handed youngster Tian Houwei while giant-killer Ajay Jayaram has Japanese opponent, Sho Sasaki.

No more upset in WS category after Intanon ousted as all 7 seeded players march on to last eight and high intense encounter will be started from this stage. Top-seed Tai Tzu Ying has tough rival, local hopeful Sung Ji Hyun. All Japan affair has been created by Sayaka Takahashi & Akane Yamaguchi. Japanese shining star Nozomi Okuhara is surrounded by the Chinese trio, defending champion Wang Yihan, former champion Wang Shixian and the Olympic Champion Li Xuerui. Wang YH v Okuhara and Wang SX v Li XR will be high potential long duration match.

Title contender Lee YD/Yoo YS is favoured to prevail tomorrow against familiar foe Endo/Hayakwa despite they had hard test against TPE combo earlier while their two teammates have heavyweight opponents, former world champion Ko SH/Shin BC v Boe/Mogensen and Kim GJ/Kim SR v the world champion Ahsan/Setiawan. Another favourite in this department, Fu HF/Zhang N will set up clash with Malaysian duo Koo KK/Tan BH who outplayed Chai/Hong at R/16.

Top half frontrunner Pedersen/Juhl, Ma J/Tang YT have unpredictable Korean new scratch pairs, Chang YN/Lee SH and Jung KE/Shin SC respectively as their quarterfinal hurdle. Asian Games gold medalist Maheswari/Polii will face former world number one Wang XL/Yu Y, the Chinese has slight advantage to prevail based on their head to head stats. Second seed, Luo Ying/Luo Yu once again meet Netherlands WD, Muskens/Piek after second round of JPN SS last week.

Third seed Xu Chen/Ma Jin got early exit, lost to the off-form Sudket/Saralee, it's pretty surprise outcome as this is first time ever for Thai pair to win over Xu/Ma in their nine meetings. Sudket/Saralee then will take on Chris and Gabby Adcock to chase semifinal spot. Zhang/Zhao will be tested by home pair Shin BC/Chae YJ and their arch-rival Ahmad/Natsir gets Lu K/Huang YQ. One more Chinese pair, Liu/Bao has difficult task to do, Ko SH/Kim HN.

Live Streaming alternative : http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f

LIVE TV (Court 1, 01.00pm local time) matches :

1) Chen Long (CHN) v Son Wan Ho (KOR)
    2) Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (KOR) v Hiroyuki Endo/Kenichi Hayakawa (JPN)
    3) Christinna Pedersen/Kamilla Rytter Juhl (DEN) v Chang Ye Na/Lee So Hee (KOR)
    4) Chris Adcock/Gabrielle Adcock (ENG) v Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam (THA)
    5) Ajay Jayaram (IND) v Sho Sasaki (JPN)
    6) Lu Kai/Huang Yaqiong (CHN) v Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA)
    7) Tai Tzu Ying (TPE) v Sung Ji Hyun (KOR)

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

MS Predictions:

Chen Long vs Son Wan Ho -> Chen Long
    Kento Momota vs Wei Nan -> Kento Momota

Chou Tien Chen vs Tian Houwei -> Chou Tien Chen
    Ajay Jayram vs Sho Sasaki -> Sho Sasaki

WS Prediction:

Wang Shixian vs Li Xuerui -> Wang Shixian

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

MS predictions:
    Son Wan Ho, Kento Momota, Tian Houwei, Sho Sasaki

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    This is the golden opportunity for Tian Houwei to make farther progress... he definitely has chance against Chou Tien Chen and any other at his half!

I'm crossing my fingers to watching him in the finals! ;)

5. Nine Tailed Fox

The reason why LD lose today...Sources have confirmed that this was shopping LD,seen once in a while

Xyz.jpg

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Agree 100%
    WS predictions
    LXR, WYH, TTY, AY/ST that's tough but I'll go with ST as AY must be tired

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Look at the satisfaction on face after losing.Looks like mission accomplished :D...BTW,photo credit : Badminton PHOTO

12033091_1069437919734062_2337754542784329897_n.jpg

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Prettier than ever.. :p

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Lots of exciting stuff tomorrow. My predictions:

1. TTY v SJH ---> SJH

2. Sayaka vs Akane ---> Sayaka

3. Jung KE/Shin SC v MJ/TYT ---> MJ/TYT

4. CTC vs Tian HW ---> CTC

5. KKK/TBH v FHF/ZN ----> FHF/ZN

6. WSX v LXR ---> WSX

7. Liu C/Bao YX v Ko/Kim ---> Liu/Bao

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Fret not, when Lin Dan who just a month ago could still come back from the doldrums to win the JPN Open SS beating the likes of SWH, LCW, THW, TS and VA, imagine what he'll be like once he is up to speed in a month's time or so.

And I hasten to add, in the LD - SWH JPN R1 combat, the fact that Lin Dan could save G2 by the skin of his teeth and then went on to win G3 decisively, tells us what he is capable of once he decides to put his foot down despite the odds. I repeat, the moment he sorts his recent problems out as he said he would, those mentioned players be it Son WH, V Axelsen, K Momota, JOJ and suchlike should pose no serious threat to him, the only one who may stand in his way is none other than Chen Long, no-one else.

Be patient, it'll come in good time, the Lin Dan we knew. The way he acquitted himself at the JPN Open last week has restored my faith in him.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

CEjoMIgW0AAlZ1M.jpg

P.S.: Just for fun

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long nowadays is playing like Lin Dan in his heyday unless he (CL) chooses not to.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I can tell you, if tomorrow is the MS Final and even if his opponent is Chen Long, not to mention SWH or anybody else, he will want to win it in front of his beloved XXF. As it is, he would play according to his gameplan and overall strategic considerations, and not end up winning a battle but losing the war.

14. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    I predict the match of LXR and WSX very tight because they know each other game very well, LXR knows very well that WSX will tire her by running her in the four corners, and WSX knows that LXR clears and smashes and accuracy are dangerous but what changed since their last meetings is that LXR's lost a lot of her form and WSX is improving and since the World championship i've noticed that WSX smashes more frequently, which is good and i hope people are gonna see it as efforts and not again complain that her smashes are import or whatever, because i can tell that she wants her place for RIO!!
    So i'm rooting for WSX but it can go either way.

15. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Anyone knows if there is live stream for court 3? Thanks.

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Why the host put up only 1 MD in the main court? Should have put the other Korean pair Kim/Kim vs. Ahsan/Hendra match instead of Ajay vs. Sho Sasaki :(

17. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Nope. not gonna happen there is no live stream on court # > 2 anywhere I know except maybe European GP.

18. insaint84

insaint84 Regular Member

-
    Prediction

MS
    CL
    Wei nan
    Ctc
    Sasaki

MD
    lyd/yoo
    Bomo
    MA/HS
    FUNAN

WS
    WSX
    OKUHARA
    TZY
    ST

WD
    CP/KJ
    POLII
    TWINS
    MJ/TYT

XD
    SUD/SARA
    ZN/ZXL
    LK/HYQ
    KO/KIM

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long is the defending champion, beating LCW last year, so has to defend his ranking points.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The umpire Gilles is retiring at age 55 after this tournament, so do a good job. All the beast and take care.