Victor Korea Open Super Series 2010, 16th January, Semi final day

Discussion in 'Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010' started by kuwichert, Jan 15, 2010.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Off topic, I think he is either watching football or studying hard. Hopefully it's the latter.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..due to U.S. laws, bet365.com is restricted in the U.S. So, if you're in the U.S., sorry, no access for betting/watching stream from there.
    ..indeed it was close. The CHN pair tied up the score in the 2nd game and i thought they would force a rubber game, but the KOR's steady play pulled them through.

Btw, this thread all of a sudden died after the Gade vs. CL's match.:confused:

#282 ctjcad, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  3. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

PG vs LCW

I am rooting for PG to do it again. At 33 and to be playing badminton at the highest level, PG is actually a winner, no matter what the outcome in today's final. Yes, win or lose (even in straight sets), PG is a true champion and a winner.

It will be tough, almost impossible for PG to win but until the fat lady sings, anything is possible. LCW is desperate to put the KO title next to his vast collection of titles like Malaysian National GP, Kedah Open, Johor Open, Malaysian Satellite, Macau Open GP, Philippines Open, SSMF etc. Looking at how LCW 'pummelled', 'demolished' and 'whitewashed' his opponents in his run up to the final today, it will be a tall order for PG. Anyway, I like the words used to describe LCW's victories :) ... but whenever the man loses, its gonna be back to the same old, same old .... biased judging, LYB, freezing cold, not enough rest, too much travelling, too much pressure and expectations, Misbun not around etc etc and etc.

Feeling under the weather or not, PG has pulled through some tough games. The man is not the type who dishes out excuses. Yes, some in the forum may say being sick may be an excuse. However, we need to be adults and respect such views as others in this forum have their right/s to say what they want.

.... I have a funny feeling PG may pull another rabbit out of his hat and catch LCW with his pants down. The 1st set will be crucial.

On the side note ... I kinda enjoy the MD semis between LYD/JJS and some young chinese pair yesterday. I like what I saw in that chinese pair. Despite my lack of experience in badminton as I dont watch badminton live in the stadium, have my pics taken with famous shuttlers, collect their autographs or have them in FB ... I believe this young chinese pair will go far.

Chen Long?? Tall fella, aint he? With a bit more experience and composure, this guy is gonna be a future star. In the future, he is gonna be eating our Iskandar, Shawal, CWF, Liew Darren lunches :D

Malaysia Boleh!

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I met PG at WC05, a really nice guy, easily accessible, always obliging to fans for photos, autograph and chit-chat...difficult not to root for him, a few years ago when he was injured, thought he was done but he came back strong...like an evergreen and has been playing for something like 10 over years now at the top level....now, you miss out the Bukit Binang Open title for our Dato, that sure is a biggie;):pas for CL eating Iskandar, etc lunches in future, no CL is eating them now...chomp, chomp, chomp!!MAS Boleh:p:D

5. eddie wong

eddie wong Regular Member

fvdfvdf
    Does anyone know what type of racquet was LEE YONG DAE using now?Is it still brave sword 09?Does him chg to brave sword 10 or 11?pls tell me if u know..thks

6. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    4.00 am, so what...Limsy sleep with his laptop on his chest...Limsy is on track to hit 12000 post...but still a long way to catch Georgie boy:D:p

7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Any badminton fans know where is Lee Hyun-il , never see him in a few tournaments already ?

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    LCW played very well so far...but there is still a final to go or till the fat gal sings...I am surprised CJ got knocked silly so fast, I expect more from CJ though...the measuring stick for LCW is still Super Dan, until LCW beat LD in a major, the story continues....as for KOR gf, love conquers all, you never underestimate the weapon called LOVE but can be destructive too as with Miss Wong and Dato in a previous episode.;)

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Datuk was too hot to handle for Chen jin la...