Victor KOREA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (25-30 September)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

TakaMatsu beating Matsumoto/Nagahara, Tanaka/Yonemoto, and Fukushima/Hirota all in straight games in consecutive days. Excellent tournament for them and I hope they keep it up! :D

j_koh, visor and virusvoodoo like this.
  2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, WD goes to Japan supremacy, Indonesia dominates MD particularly through the Minions while China rules mixed doubles.
    Endo finally break the jinx as most badminton fans waiting for today outcome. Matsutomo/Takahashi are back to fine form, nail CHN & JPN Open title to defeat their younger teammates convincingly in final. China extends their winning trend in mixed doubles category, this time through back-ups He JT/Du Y, 2016 World Junior Champion who stun more favoured and experienced Christiansen/Pedersen.

In singles department, the higher-ranked player top podium, Chou Tien Chen bags third title this year after GER S300 & SGP S500, more shots variation and good attacking smash to overcome Tommy Sugiarto, the Taiwanese perform quite consistent lately. As predicted, Nozomi Okuhara clinch WS crown in three games battle that involving many long rallies, the Japanese star defeats the persistent Zhang BW who delivered stiff resistance in second and third game.

Odense and Paris will stage next BWF top-tier tournaments in October.

azorjon, Loh, KB@TB Em and 3 others like this.
  3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Congrats to all winners especially Chou Tien Chen of Taipei.

4. j_koh

j_koh Regular Member

MM's serves are still a little inconsistent, although it's a HUGE improvement from what it was a few months ago. In G2 she's made a couple of serve errors, I think Hirota might be unwell (judging by her facial expressions) and the unusual amount of errors made today. I'd say even though TakaMatsu played well today they also had luck on their side.

5. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

Well as Gill would say, sometimes you create your own luck. That net cord at match point was helped by the point that she was moving forward to block. She’s been serving quite fine throughout the past weeks though.

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  6. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    wt 500/750/1000 & wc titles update through korea open, #12

japan - 19
    indonesia - 13
    china - 9
    chinese taipei - 6
    denmark - 5
    spain - 3
    malaysia - 2
    hong kong/thailand/usa - 1

7. antssantss

antssantss Regular Member

Retired
    I must say the commentators are very good and very professional. I only heard Steens name but both are equally good. Its so refreshing not to notice their preference for a pair and you follow the flow of the game with their very good commentary. They also have a very good background of the players record. Very knowledgable and they complement each other very well. I was watching the mixed doubles final. Hope they will be featured often. Congratulations to them for their professionalism.My personal opinion.

8. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Below are the 2018 BWF World Tour performances by country. Only countries who have won a title are listed:

[​IMG]

JPN now holding the most titles of 2018 HSBC BWF World Tour in every levels. :cool:

Michael V likes this.