Victor JetSpeed S GVS and JetSpeed S TWK

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Espírito Santo, Dec 18, 2016.

?

Will Victor release JetSpeed S GVS and JetSpeed S TWK?

1. Yes

35.7%
  2. No

64.3%
  3. No, not JS series, maybe Victor will release other series like TK or HX for them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Hey Badminton Fans,

Will Victor release Victor JetSpeed S GVS (Goh V-Shem) and JetSpeed S TWK (Tan Wee Kiong) player signature rackets for both of them, since they have won 2016 Dubai World SS Final and are currently rank no.1 in BWF ranking?

#1 Espírito Santo, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. InnerPeace

InnerPeace New Member

Hard to say. Depends on the willingness of the player and the sponsor. Ko Sung Hyun has won world champ and has been world no.1 but he never has a signature racket.

Espírito Santo likes this.
  3. ben efraim tambunan

ben efraim tambunan New Member

Well i think both GVS/TWK are just new pair with only several title... too soon for Victor give them signature "sword".... even KKK/TBH dont hv any...they r far below legends LYD/YYS, Ahsan Hendra, FHF/CY/ZN... i dont see any special skill in both them

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If you don't see any 'special skill' in Goh V Shem you must be blind.

But yeah, it's too early in their careers for any special treatment.

decoy likes this.
  5. LawrenceYONG

LawrenceYONG Regular Member

Pro

hold on to your panties!!

they have not won anything significant (and no, superseries final is far from world champions, olympic gold, thomas cup).
    and are no.1 now because top pairs retire.
    it's called picking up dead chicken as we say in hong kong.

6. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

A signature racket would imply individual skill.
    As Carolina Marin has proven, winning the Thomas cup has little to do with individual skill.
    Therefore I deduce from your statement that the only significant tournaments are worlds and Olympics.

Considering SBC and KSH won the worlds and didn't get a signature racket, that leaves only the Olympics as a worthy tournament...

Or lets just realise that victor only cares about how saleable the player is.

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think this question very generic. We have seen a flood of signatures from Victor and AFAIK non of them had boosted sells and greater sells compared to a flagship of the series. A lot signatures are at discount atm and pros who don't even use a repaint which looks like their signature don't boost any sells. Take a look at LYD, LHI, YYS, BAO, NATSIR, AHMAD. Non of them used it for a long period and they are actually all at discount.

I doubt that GVS and TWK get a signature in the next few years. Their career is too young to have a hardcore fan base and their contract with Victor is too young, too. I think we will see the next signature racket from a Taiwanese or a Korean player, but I think that Victor put the signatures on ice. We have seen the LTD rackets atm, so I think they will do LTDs if they want to do something special.

DarthHowie and Cheung like this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    There are so many signature racquets, it just cheapens the status.

If racquet manufacturers want to sell cheaper racquets, then they should be allowed to!