Victor Jetspeed 11(4U) vs Apacs Lethal 10 - which to choose?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by BPlz, Oct 5, 2020.

?

Victor JS11 vs Apacs Lethal 10?

1. Jetspeed 11

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. Lethal 10

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. BPlz

BPlz New Member

Hello lovely people of BC!

So here's my dilemma and question for people who have owned/tried/rotate both of these rackets:

I'm in the market for a new pair of mid-tier racquets, and in my area I can get either of these 2 at around MYR110-150 (USD26-36 roughly) each. So in terms of price availability they are not very far apart and definitely in my budget range, and I don't want to splurge on an expensive high-end model. Normally the price of Jetspeeds won't be this cheap but I suppose the dealer just wants to get rid of existing stock. (And yeah, just in case anyone is wondering, they are authentic with the proper MY batch codes, verified by local distributor)

Now obviously, I understand that the perfect solution would be to try both kinds in games but I don't have that option. I can only dry swing them in stores and to me they feel somewhat similar? Both are 4U weight. Some might say why not buy both types to try in games, but I really don't want to go through the hassle of finding a buyer for the one I dislike, it might be a money sink.

Here's a few notes so far in this journey:

1. Must be fast and maneuverable - I play doubles 99.9% of the time and prefer to be in front, main pair of racquets now are the Commander 10 series from Apacs (I sometimes swap to Victor Arrowspeed 12N @ 4U if I need to play a back court role). The commanders are 5U and head heavy, but they feel fast enough* for defensive responses. For a couple of months now I've been getting the feeling that I wished they were slightly faster** when it comes to changes in direction as I like to catch opponents off guard. Digging around the forums here, it's seems that the JS11 and the Lethal10(with the BRS12 "DNA") are both fast frames that might scratch that itch. And it just so happens that both are available in my area.

2. Shot accuracy and feel - Sometimes I also get the feeling that the Commander line (10-80) all lack that solid feel at times when performing fast & straight drives, which might be something to do with the shaft's flex (and even strings maybe). I really really REALLY enjoy playing drives, tap killing and directional changes. Generally I don't have much inclination to play smashes unless needed, though I absolutely love the feeling of satisfaction I get when I block a massive bomb from the opposing side. I also want the feeling of confidence that my shot will go where I want it to go instead of having to compensate for "lag" or shots "going slightly off course". So in your opinions which of these 2 choices of rackets would have a more distinct and solid feel in this department?

3. 4U, definitely - I've toyed with the idea of going 6U, or trying other 5U racquets on offer (some of the Maxbolt, Felet, Abroz etc.) but did not feel satisfied. They just feel very...weird, almost like trying to swat a fly with wet tissue. Similarly, I tried some chonky 3U from friends and they are so slow. 4U seems to be the sweet spot for my current taste.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Commanders to death but I just feel it's time to expand my armory with even faster racquets, if that's even a thing. :p

If any of you have played with these and can help me with making a few comparisons, that would be great! Thanks for any help I can get in making the decision. Cheers y'all!

#1 BPlz, Oct 5, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
  2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The Lethal 10 is a great budget racket but the jetspeed range is far more refined and the feel is totally different.
    In my opinion there is no contest, js11 would be my advice to anyone choosing between those 2 rackets.

BPlz likes this.
  3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Other options may be Apacs Virtuoso Performance or Adidas Spieler range but I don't know how the prices for those compare in your region and if they are available.

BPlz likes this.
  4. BPlz

BPlz New Member

Thank you for the response! I couldn't tell a "major" difference dry swinging the 2 (albeit at different times in different stores), but that's without stringing and hitting a shuttle on either one. I truly appreciate your feedback, I'll keep that in consideration over the next few days as I make a decision.

And responding to your 2nd post, both of those are not available sadly where I am. Even though I can blind buy through the internet, it's not a risk I want to take at this moment. Haha :p

5. intrepid

intrepid Regular Member

JS11 is an absolute bargain for that price! And I would consider it high-end, you may convince yourself in the shop that the newer Auraspeed series took many features from it.

For playability, I think JS11 has what you ask for, both speed and precision. In doubles, you can generate very high pressure from front and mid-court with it if you like the fast and flat game.
    Like the 90S, JS11 is also very suitable for deceptive play. But don't expect miracles, it is very hard to surprise your opponents in doubles once they are at a certain level - it is easier and a lot of fun in singles where you have more time to prepare deceptions and your opponent has more court to cover.

My only concern would be that you are used to a very light racket, so nobody can guarantee that either JS11 or Lethal 10 (which I don't know) really feel faster for you. In that case you may want to do some exercises for racket speed (like play drive to the body with a partner on the same side of the net).

BPlz likes this.
  6. BPlz

BPlz New Member

Thank you very much for the detailed response! ;) I too was surprised when I saw the slashed price tag and at first thought it might be counterfeit or damaged in some way, but the whole batch checks out as legit.Price wise it definitely is the more expensive of the 2 choices, but not by very much. And it's hard to resist from immediately buying just because the JS series is more "prestigious" (ya know?), but I wanted to keep level headed and pick the proper choice for my playing. So here we are!

I do very much enjoy fast and flat games, so your recommendation resonates quite strongly. And you're right as well, it's not always easy to pull off deceptive shots in doubles but it's always a thrill when we manage to find an opening for it. I do understand gear isn't everything, it's down to the player weilding it. Maybe it's even partly psychological, aye? Perhaps it will give mental boost to reach that "next step" in achieving the game I have in my head. :p

About the weight, to be honest I do wonder about that as well because so far i've yet to hold one of those frames with strings and such. However based off pure feel and sensation, it doesn't seem that far off from the overall feel of the rackets i'm used to. I mean, I even use the ArrowSpeed 12N at 4U and it seems alright. I can only imagine that the JS11 would be even more responsive than that? In theory...

Regardless, I really appreciate your experience sharing. It gives me 2nd-hand experience in making a more informed purchase decision. So far it's the JS11 far ahead of the Lethal 10!

#6 BPlz, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  7. BPlz

BPlz New Member

Bit of sad news, I went to the store to try out the JS-11 again yesterday but the store owner had already sold the batch that was on promotion. :( All that's left in the store that is similar to the JS-11 is the JS-011 model. The characteristics are described as a JS11-lite, not the full experience.

Arrrrgh :mad: I guess now it's back to square one.

Edit: Spoke to Victor rep over their local helpline, they said JS-011 was made with different materials to be more affordable for the masses.

#7 BPlz, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  8. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Do they have Apacs Virtuoso Performance or Virtuoso pro?
    In my opinion they are much better than Lethal 10.

BPlz likes this.
  9. BPlz

BPlz New Member

Nope, I saw a lot of other models on the displays but no AVP or Virtuoso pro. From that series, only the Virtuoso Light was there. I'm going to pay extra attention to some of the other courts on my next game to see if any players are using them though, if there is I'll ask to try it.

Dave1011 likes this.
  10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

11. BPlz

BPlz New Member

Haha yeah, that's definitely one source to get it! :D Blind buying though is kinda risky, i'd hate for it to collect dust if it doesn't work out. Is there like, say, a certain aspect or characteristics about it that you like/dislike about it when in games? Just to give me a better understanding of it since you've recommended it over the Lethal 10.

12. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The AVP is similar frame shape to the Jetspeed rackets, it also has a nicer feel than Lethal 10 which has a dull feel.
    The AVP is the best racket in that price range in my opinion.

#12 Dave1011, Oct 7, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2020