Victor Hypernano X-900 Discussion

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Stainlesstyle, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If your review just help one guy it should pay off, right? I'm talking about the inner circle of BC, the core! Not the no-poster and noobs. And if something off your help paidoff or not, will you see when you are dead. We are also not talking about a random Victor release like a YYS or Bao, we are talking about a racket which made SWH to trade against his MX80. This seems to be something big.

spyweb and Rob3rt like this.
  2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well dry swinging I can see why he switched. It's similarly balanced enough. Not as stiff but still properly stiff. I might have to bet that it's potentially more accurate too.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

3. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Hahaha, completely lost it at "Maxpower Hypergurke"... :D Nice one!

4. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I'm confused, you really think Li Ning rackets aren't high quality? I'm using a TK9000 at the moment, and it's a decent racket but it doesn't really shine at anything in a way that makes me think 'wow'.

I think my biggest question for this racket right now, is if it's going to suffer from the QC issues found on the 800 series that has led to many of them cracking for unexplained reasons, and in very strange places.

Ch1k0 likes this.
  5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Pretty much one of the reasons why I took the plunge to buy this. Gonna run it over half a year if I like it to see if it has the same issues. Gut tells me it may not though. This frame shape design is way more robust than the regular aerodiamond. The hard cored tech may help too, but that's me speculating.

6. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    People are different. And because of beeing different, we like different things. I never said that Li Ning is bad quality. Please stop taking words out of my mouth. Feel free to drop me a PM if I'm not clear. :)

IMO the comparison is really unfair to compare across brands and as a european guy I can tell you that max. 5% of anybody I know plays a Li-Ning and even the proud chinese guys I play with use Yonex stuff. The few sponsored players I know have contracts with Yonex or Victor, so I got a problem with the word COMMON. ;) IMO Li-Ning make decent rackets, but string patterns, profile, shaft etc, etc. are too different to compare across which isn't fair. I would also never compare a ZF2 with a Armortec 700.

In terms of the 9000, you are a few years to late to the party. ;) Once you are used to compact frames, you will find no normal racket any special. I also agree that Victor don't make every racket awesome and special, like every other brand, too. What are you trying to say?

7. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

While you might be right that Victor and LN rackets are probably not really similar, it's no use for me to compare the HX900 to other similar Victor rackets I don't know because I'm using mostly LN stuff. :D

8. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    The coin have 2 sides. Have never seen these issues at the pro's who run it at much higher tension than an average joe. Also the HX800 came in 3U, 4U and 5U. That a small clash, a hit on floor, wall, net etc. is often forgotten by the victim is daily business of the poor boys. We have also a lot of horrible stringers and to be fair again: A head heavy 3U is much more solid, compared to an even 5U.

9. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    @ucantseeme
    When you call something common like that, it means it's mediocre or therefore not good. So yes, you did say that Li Ning rackets aren't of good quality, at the very least.

Secondly, I thought the N90 and N50 III both had special properties that popped out to me. The N90 had an incredible amount of power, the N50 speed and ease of use. The Thruster 9000 has not enthused me with anything. This isn't even comparing it to something like the ZF2 or Z Speed.

Thirdly, a racket is a racket. It is absolutely fair to compare these rackets. They share the distinct purpose of hitting a shuttle. If Victor rackets can only be compared with Victor rackets, then why bring up Yonex at all? Having used compact frames, I see no reason why they can't be compared with other rackets.

Fourthly, the cracks appearing on some of the HX800C and P frames are not from clashes. I've seen them running between the grommets in pictures on this forum. This a serious enough issue to warrant a total recall, and it wouldn't be the first time. I am hopeful that time and care has been put into the HX900 so it does not suffer the fate of the HX800 C/P or the TK9900.

I am absolutely perplexed as to how one person can deny this, and one person wants to buy the racket just to check the same issue isn't there.

dave010 likes this.
  10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    What's wrong with that?

11. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    People usually avoid products that might have a fault with them, not opt into them BECAUSE they might have a fault...

decoy and dave010 like this.
  12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Fair point. But if I had to think that way all the time. I wouldn't have to try any rackets anymore. Besides. I have that as one of my reasons for buying the HX900 simply out of personal curiosity. It's not like I have money to throw. But considering I break warranties on everything I've owned from day 1 so far besides this, it's just become a reality for me. A racket is an expendable for this sport. Just like shuttles but naturally not as quick as that.

Frankly the Duora 10 is a racket that I called out early on in its thread as being unable to support high tensions consistently because of the frame shape. There's no way in hell I'd have to have a physics degree to know that that frame design does not spread tension evenly. I don't visit that thread anymore so I don't know if anyone can corroborate my experiences and that of my good friend's. When you pull that thing at 30lbs. It was literally only a matter of time before the grommet holes started to sink and the frame caved as well. Yet despite that early concern. I tried the racket anyway out of pure personal curiosity.

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Are you paranoid or on drugs? Seriously, I used the word common in a different manner. Words mean sometimes different things. Please stop taking words out of my mouth and twist the sense how you like to offend me. This is very annoying.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/common

My english is far away from beeing good, but I mean common as "wide spreaded" or "often used". I never judged or doubt the quality of Li-Ning rackets. I never meant it. I'm sorry if you didn't get it due my poor english. I offered you drop me a PM, if anything isn't clear and you try to start a fight. Normally I ask somebody in a friendly manner how he mean something if their is too much room for speculation. :)

To make it clear what I mean: Li-ning rackets are not as common as other brands here (Germany). Which also mean that not many people use them compared to other brands. Also not many people here drive a Lexus, they drive often a Mercedes instead of a Lexus. Just a stupid comparison by me. Never meant anything else and never talked or meant quality.

Normally it's a common procedure to compare the successor with the predecessor or a small area limited to same brand or a common and well known thing. Nothing else. No need to start a philosophical discussion about rackets and what you like/dislike/use etc.

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Would you mind to link it? :) Never seen them here. And cracks between grommets are common with any racket, if the tension goes too high, the string too thin and the stringer don't change the grommets frequently, but before I'm too early, it would be nice if anybody link the pictures or drop me a PM with the links. Thank you. :)

15. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    In a century of smartphones with crooked displays with unforced cracking in a sony, a burning samsung, a bend iphone or a HTC with no service, the people often don't care and an alternative will be gone.

16. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
  17. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

But isn't that only one person and the people he knows, so that's hardly representative of the durability of this racket...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

18. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Like I said the one that really concerns me is the one with cracks running between the grommets. That doesn't look like a collision thing at all. Even if it's strung at a fairly high tension, a racket shouldn't show stress like that in such a short period of time. I highly suspect there's a manufacturing fault with them, and it makes me wonder how thoroughly these rackets were checked and tested. In turn, it makes me apprehensive that the production process has been rushed.

Overall it looks like it has a good shape and specs, hopefully people can report how it plays. The durability thing is just something to keep an eye on over the next months.

19. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

High noon? I.e. Stringing without a load spreader. One of the cracks is dead centre at 12 o'clock, but I've only seen examples of it being on the inside of the frame.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

vincemcoupe likes this.
  20. Neurologik

Neurologik Regular Member

research
    Please come back to the HX900 discussion and feeling of the raquet :)
    Is the best compromise between speed and power ?

Jeremyng90 likes this.