Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I should point out that I sold my HX900 when I got my K9900 mkIII's, but the three string jobs I sent it through didn't do it any harm. All the HX900 we saw in March were pretty much brand new as well; if we end up doing the Worlds next month we should see some with a few more miles on them.

There is some Victor tech that's supposed to make the outside of the frame stronger (FRS, maybe?) but IIRC only ONE racket has it. Why isn't it standard?

"Yes, we could make all our rackets have really strong outer carbon... we just don't."

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    deleted

#5462 ucantseeme, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  3. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Can someone explain the victor code?

DEC4122207

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Intended for the German market, produced in factory 'C'

BadBadmintonPlayer likes this.
  5. BadBadmintonPlayer

BadBadmintonPlayer Regular Member

Thx you, and the other numbers? Manufacturer's date or only a serial nr.?

6. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

'C' stands for March, '4' stands for 2017, and '122207' is the serial number.

7. AHA_INA

AHA_INA Regular Member

has anybody tried the new Victor Columbia V?

[​IMG]

#5467 AHA_INA, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    As Mark said above, we tend to see the new frames at the All Englands. That said, we didn't spot any sunken hles from the older frames.

I have just returned from the World Championships in Glasgow where I was stringing for the Korean and Malaysian teams. I saw a lot of HX900's and none of them had any sinking holes.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

justinloong likes this.
  9. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Ok Paul, how would you explain this phenomenon that a bunch of people report about sunken holes in newer rackets especially HX900, JS10, JS12? My JS10 got it on the second job. Don't get me wrong, I can understand that you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you, but how would you judge these issues? Would you say this is a clear warranty case and faulty batch? I guess you didn't seen the commercial frames in Glasgow, right? I can also understand that you can't harm Victor or want to damage their reputation, but I would be glad to hear your opinion on that disturbing issue. BTW on your grommet video I spot a JS10 with a grommet strip at the prone area of sunken holes. So honestly, you never came across this issue on newer Victors?

justinloong likes this.
  10. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Mmm warranty and victor now. Epic joke. At least on the SG end (and probably Asia too I suspect). They only give 30 days warranty for new frames now.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

justinloong likes this.
  11. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Maybe I'm wrong, but a brand ambassador should be trustworthy and should talk also about the dark side and not only about the sugar covered sunny side. A club mate had this issues on a Babolat racket and got his 2 years old racket replaced as it broke without any hassle.

13. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Honestly. I've long given up on victor since 2014. Granted I'm destroying their warranties most of the time now anyway on any of the frames I can bear to use that gel well with me.

ucantseeme likes this.
  14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I'm also in the mood to buy rackets from a different brand, but a new racket for me is a horror. I just keep with the things which I like, instead of putting efforts and hassle to find a compromise which don't make me happy.

Ch1k0 likes this.
  15. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Hence my stock up of BS12s, MX80s and SW35s lol.

ucantseeme likes this.
  16. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

In fact it is the way a company deals with problems and customer complaints that devides that really good companies from the mediocre ones. Life is easy as long as everything works well and everybody's happy. But to gain a long-term trust at the customers, it's far more important how things are handled and communicated when times are rough. But sadly, so many companies just doesn't seem to get that and follow that sort of "as long as we don't mention the issue ourselves, it doesn't exist!" policy.

And that the sinking hole issue is not just a one-timer bad luck issue is pretty obvious. So many pictures we have seen in various threads in here are not a coincidence. The fact that apparently the player coded rackets do not show the issue at all makes it even more troubling imo. This would imply that Victor is in fact capable of producing (or sorting) rackets without the issue but just doesn't do it for the normal customers.

Speaking for myself, I am perfectly happy that my two JS10s are holding up strong while they are about to enter their third season. There's slight denting on some holes, but that's what I would expect after 10+ string jobs at around 28 lbs. But in case one of them died right now, would I order another JS10 right now as long as I don't know anything at all about the root cause or if corrective actions have been implemented? I don't think so. And buying a different Victor racket instead, still not knowing what goes on in the outer carbon layers and if they have done something about it? That's a clear no as well.

#5476 s_mair, Sep 5, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
    ucantseeme likes this.
  17. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Gave my MX80 away, 1 SW35 is nearly gone, one will also collapse within a year. Have one cracked BS10 and one battered one. Thought of getting BS12's or BS11R. But a 72 holes racket will never see my bag from the inside.

18. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Great post! I contacted Victor International about this issues and my case on 2 rackets. I will report, when they reply. Happend on both after the 2nd to 3rd stringing job. Since a year I do everything to avoid any worsening with expensive grommet strips which I change on every second job and don't let any job on the racket for more than 2 weeks, but this is not a comforatable routine for me. I also lowered the tension and play thicker strings. Change all other grommets on every restring.

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Interesting, I wonder how they will react.
    Changing all grommets before every string job is madness. I would bin every racket that forces me to do that in order to keep it alive in an instant! :confused:

ucantseeme and swsh like this.
  20. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

It's also the reason I won't be buying the new MX80. Who's to say they didn't change the construction alongside the stringing pattern?

ucantseeme and Ch1k0 like this.