Victor Falcon TK / Victor TK 隼

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Cycril, May 2, 2017.

1. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Any comparison to other rackets you have own?

Mpoed likes this.
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

No matter how good that TK-F actually plays, I have to say that the paint job seems to be superbly done. Also the grommets appear to have a bigger head than the usual Victor ones - or is that just an optical illusion?

[​IMG]
    Picture credits: e78

jona67 likes this.
  3. masteryoda

masteryoda Regular Member

Had my first try with the Falcon tonight that I have on loan/demo and I have to say I really like it. I have it in the 4U specification and have had it stung with 66 Ultimax at 25/27. Not going to pretend I am some pro doing a review but on first impressions I do think this is a decent racket. After coming back to badminton after about 5 years I just wanted to try some of the latest models that Victor had to offer. My old/current was the Meteor X80 which I still have 3 and really enjoy but just wanted to scratch the itch with seeing what the latest models are like.

sautom88 likes this.
  4. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Yes, its rather large head for singles racket. I held it n drool all over it in the store last week..:D:D:D

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Actually, I meant the heads of the grommets. They look really massive which would be a nice thing. :D

sautom88 likes this.
  6. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Can anyone please provide comparisons to tk9900 or JS10, in terms of feel, maneuverability and weight in game? Thanks in advance :)

7. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Looking forward to your review of this racket. I'm also MX80 user and curious about the TK-Falcon.

8. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Christmas came late this year

[​IMG]

samhuda, Aqua, ice man and 1 other person like this.
  9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Just nice as long as you need to change them (4 jobs) and then the sinking can begin...;) I don't understand why they don't flood the market with such grommets. At reasonable price I would buy loads of them.

swsh and paulstewart64 like this.
  10. Aqua

Aqua New Member

[​IMG]

Photo copied from Victor Sport Global on Facebook. Just look at that frame...

Anyways I bought a 3u myself and loving it so far. My other racket is a 3u Yonex 80 E-Tune. Both rackets are freshly strung with BG66UM at 26lbs. TK-F weighted 95gram in total and the 80etune weighted 96gram in total (with adds on at bottom of the frame). And I play double more than single. I've been playing with just the 80etune for over a year now and just picked up the thruster F.

In comparison, everything is as expected on paper. The TK-F is definitely quicker and easier to swing with, relatively less tiring. Clear, defend, quick smash are awesome.
    The only time the Yonex 80etune would outshine the TK-F was when I have enough time to prepare for a solid smash, its much more powerful imo (and that is, if my wrist isn't tired yet haha); and clears are more accurate (or maybe I wasn't too used with the TK-F yet, I hit a few more out of bound with it)
    Otherwise, the TK-F is pretty much on par, if not, better in other aspects IMO.

I would consider myself as intermediate level so I hope there will be some proper reviews from the pros! e.g. Paul Stewart :)

#170 Aqua, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I now have TK Falcon.

I agree with ucantseeme that I would buy loads of these grommets if they were available. I don't understand why Victor don't offer these at a good price.

Here's hoping TK Falcon is a decent racket and does not suffer any issues which takes the shine off what looks to be a very nice racket. I also received Bravesword 11R. All I can say so far is it definitely isn't a Bravesword although it plays fairly well.

Paul

swsh and Aqua like this.
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

It's a repainted TK7000SN. She's been using this one for second half of the 2017 season already.

Speaking of it - please, for the sake of your credibility, do not start your review with marketing gibberish in the sense of "World No. 1 in womens singles TTY is currently using this racket".

#172 s_mair, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    swsh likes this.
  13. Taeivon

Taeivon Regular Member

This racket is obviously not TK-F. Frame size is wrong (repainted TK7000S). Stringing is done obviously for 72 holes racket (see the last slanted main on each side of the racket) instead of 76 holes for TK-F.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

14. bazzaman

bazzaman Regular Member

IT
    I went from tk6000-4u to a tk9900-3u, mistake #1 just too stiff and heavy so I overcompensated and got a JS 12F, mistake #2 it's like a feather(I could hit harder with an arc FB. Back to 6000 for now unless I go for broke and grab a falcon 4u.

ps anyone wanna buy a 9900 :p

15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    You should test the racket swinging or on the court itself before buying .

16. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    i've my first session with the racket yesterday, it feels good. the racket was a 4U strung at 27lbs with LN1.
    The racket is quite responsive and fast, fast drive isn't a problem and accuracy is excellent.
    I managed to get quite good smash angle and power is good but not excellent as im not used to the right timing yet.

I don't know if it's the stringing but it seems narrower than usual racket frame shape. Despite of this i didn't suffer from mishit issue.

For the moment i have a very good impression of this racket, i'll continue to play with it next session and give a more detailed review.

sautom88 and Aqua like this.
  17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    It isn't narrower. The head is actually elongated 5mm more than the standard isometric frame size that victor uses.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

18. razorei

razorei Regular Member

student
    Ok .... I got it strung by the shop I should have string it by myself...

19. redscoobie

redscoobie New Member

One of my first posts on this forum. I have lurked and read for a bit.

I got the Thruster F for my birthday and I have the Astrox, 9900 and the 7000s. The 7000s is usually my go to and when I need power I use my 9900 (also use my 9900 for singles).

The Falcon is a 4U strung with Zymax 66 at 26 lbs.

I find the Falcon to not even be in the same planet with the 9900 when it comes to stiffness and head heavy. When using the Falcon, it reminds of the LiNing Woods N80 since it has a sword frame.

I do not find the Falcon to be head heavy at all. I found it super easy to swing with better backhand clears than the 7000s. Forehands on the 7000s seem to be better. Drops, serves and pushes seem about the same.

Smashes seemed better with the 7000s. Defense vastly superior with the Falcon, it is just so fast.

I would say that it is a great racquet to have in your bag, you will not get tired with this racquet. I like it quite a lot and will use it more tomorrow.

Aqua and dtjovan like this.
  20. Eastfield

Eastfield Regular Member

I want to try out something from Victor and I'm pretty torn between the TK7000SN 3U and the TKF 3U. Have you had any sinking grommet issues with your TK7000S? And am I interpreting your experience as that the 7000S would be a better singles racket? :)