VICTOR CHINA Open 2019 : R/32 - FINAL (17-22 September)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 16, 2019.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    trizzforce and samkool like this.
  2. Scrubs1

Scrubs1 Regular Member

Lmao, what is going on here....

3. minions

minions Regular Member

Country representatives in Final

3 - CHN, INA
    2 - JPN
    1 - ESP, TPE

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINAL (01.00pm) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...741C60-B3F8-4377-834F-D8376E7B53DC&d=20190922

Four last year winners will defend their titles except men's doubles. China, Indonesia have three spots each followed by Japan with two places, only women's singles that doesn't invlove players from these three nations.

upload_2019-9-22_9-18-27.png

IT’S CHINA AGAIN
    The top-two seeded pair are doing their routine without deep trouble, booking last round ticket in homeground Super 1000 tournament. Both of them won BWF primary tournaments alternately, Zheng/Huang topped podium five times with the biggest highlight World Championships while Wang/Huang have same five titles so far including Asian Championships. World number one duo smash Korean threat Seo SJ/Chae YJ, 21-14 / 21-15 and the number two combination avenge their world championships defeat over Thailand high profile pair Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai with much better performance than quarterfinal display, 21-16 / 21-10. A difficult scenario for Wang/Huang to topple their powerful teammates, only won once of ten encounters.

MARIN IS BACK
    The prestigious women’s singles final will pit the Olympic Champion, three-time world champion Carolina Marin versus Asian Games Champion, former world number one Tai Tzu Ying. The cool Taiwanese lady has positive head to head stats, 7-4 and won the last six meetings.
    • Eight-month absence but the sign of slowdown doesn’t appear, the Spanish sensation is back with style to defend her CHN Open crown. Being first round casualty in Ho Chi Minh last week, the great determined Carolina Marin returns with firm mission, climbing on top. She lost focus in leading 16-13 but failed to nail opening round against Japan sole survivor Sayaka Takahashi. Growing confidence in second game, Takahashi really troubling Marin to recapture her thythm then bizarre turnaround occured suddenly when the Japanese began to produce a string of uncharacteristic errors and continued to deciding game as the Olympic Champion took command to control this final set, Takahashi saved four match points but it was still enough to denied her opponent through to finale.
    • A horrendous demonstration by Tai Tzu Ying in first set to deliver tons of free points for Chen Yu Fei, 6-21. The real quality of two-time All England champion arriving in second game to hammer home favourite, 21-13. A rollercoaster circumstances involved at deciding game until end of match when Tai leveled the scoreline from 8-14 down then saved one match point to grab three straight points to seal this entertaining tie.
    CHANGZHOU SAGA REPLAY
    A much anticipated last year blockbuster men's singles duel, dubbed as MomoGi by INA badminton fans is expected to be fascinating final showdown this evening. Will Ginting defend his crown or two-time World Champion avenge his defeat? Ginting won over Momota exactly one year at same venue but suffering defeat in next six tournaments against world number one.
    • Anthony Ginting responding well for the doubtness by storming into last round despite always completed four previous matches in three games including semifinal battle against Anders Antonsen that indicating the Indonesian isn't at his best. Antonsen succeeded to steal opening game, 21-18 but playing erratic in second game, 5-21 and couldn't regain his rhythm rather than trapped by his opponent gameplan, 14-21.
    • A see-saw 87 minutes encounter between Kento Momota versus Chen Long displaying quite similar patient style with long rallies, tight net play and solid defense by both players. Momota fails to clinch first game despite leading 14-8 19-15 but losing the plot 19-21, the reversed script happens in second game, 18-21 to the Japanese advantage. A neck to neck at deciding game until 16-all but the Olympic Champion producing several consecutive unforced errors at critical moment that cost dearly and misses final spot.
    HOME PAIR PROSPECT
    Chen QC/Jia YF blow away their big opportunity to complete semifinal match in two straight-games instead delaying into long duration three games that hits 82 minutes of play. Too relax and quite lack of concentration as Korean pair Chang YN/Kim HR slowly to crawling back and narrowing the gap to penetrate pressure for the Chinese, 23-25. Fortunately, the All England champion rectify their blunder to keep focus in final game, 21-16. In all Japanese affair the Olympic Champions Matsumoto/Takahashi eliminate Fukushima/Hirota in grueling semifinal fight as usual that sapping much energy, 21-17 / 15-21 / 21-16. Await them at last round are local favourites who look pretty good shape after scored dreary feat in last two events including Basel world meet.

MINIONS v DADDIES SEQUEL
    An ideal final based on their world ranking and seeding position but looking at their stats, the Minions are clear favourite to reclaim their title here against the Daddies, the fourth time clash in this season after INA Masters, INA Open and JPN Open. Gideon/Sukamuljo destroy Alfian/Ardianto in one-way traffic match, 21-8 / 21-16 while Ahsan/Setiawan frustrating home hopefuls Li JH/Liu YC, the rejuvenated veterans taking crucial opening game, 22-20 thereafter the Chinese hotshots practically showing mentally collapse in second game, blank and dispirited to succumb meekly, 21-11.

kwun, It'sMeMeMe and lurker like this.
  5. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    It seems there was a wrestling match last night here :D

Well Today is the finals and I just have CM to cheer for.

I hope to see FukuRota,LiLiu,PVS,CM at KOpen soon and since SYQ has dropped out of KOpen MS will be just a play where I'd be lookin forward to seeing VA

Take care guys May Your favs win it today !!
    Peace and Love
    Anks:)

6. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Dear friend,The Only Thing in the world that matters at the end of the day is RESULT.Minions won because they were the better pair..if today they win its because they will deserve it.

NO PLAYERS just win by luck there has to be a lot of determination and fighting spirit to turn the lucks around to your side.

LUCK is only when the opponent gets injured and you end up winning that is the ONLY LUCK in sports I believe..In Other cases there IS NO LUCK.

Even in CYF vs TTY...CYF played exceptionally well however TTY was just soo good in her spirit that she turned the luck towards her side with her focus and determination and took the game.

We or the media or general public can say all we want eventually the Natural Rule of the World is -:
    THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL
    THE LOSER STANDING SMALL

Peace and Love
    Anks

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  7. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

Some of the calls from the line judges in that particular game between the daddies and the electricity poles are just pure comedy. :D

The hawkeye review monitor can't even showed the court white line, because the deviation between the shuttlecock landed spot and that line is just too FAR away. o_O

I mean, patriotism is part of being human and i can understand that, but it really went too far last night. :cool:

8. Anks

Anks Regular Member

My Faith on Line Judges and to some extent on BWF has blown away since I saw Sayaka Takahashi being Blatantly cheated against despite there being a video evidence of her genuine testimony.

It really is crazy but then I guess if these are the so called old rusty rules then we gotta follow 'em.

It aint even flabbergasting nomore just the normal Line Judges and Umpires being themselves...But it is sad for the future of badminton.

#1068 Anks, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yeah even AhsanHendra will know their chance has past for Olympic title. They can qualify but it wont bother them one bit if they dont. We know the reasons they came back and now they look enjoying their game more than ever. If they can still play, they should continue playing, they are comfortably WR2. Hope to see them play 2022 at least.

Its unbelievable how well one can play once they have not much pressure. (they re supposed to be INA MD3)

Anks and SpursIndonesia like this.
  10. SpursIndonesia

Yeah, Sayaka got shafted in the game last night, BADLY. Right on a very crucial moment when she was making a come back & getting close to CM in the 3rd game. And it wasn't like a deflective body shot in the double's match, the returning player can really SEE that the shuttlecock had landed before he/she made the return.

While it was the part of the umpire and the honorary referee to make the right call, it would be a magnanimous gesture from the player if he/she admits what really happened on the court.

Anks likes this.
  11. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I dont blame The Oly and World Champ..Its not her fault she is there to win it..Every player is..The fault lies within the system.

I believe with changing times and evolving tehnology if Hockey,Tennis,Athletics,Football,Cricket,Rugby,Baseball,Basketball,Vollyball,Gymnastics,Swimming,Boxing,Wrestling,Weightlifting,Table Tennis,Rowing and all other sports give importance to Video evidence cum reviewing then Why Badminton should still stay in 1623 BC.

12. SpursIndonesia

Yupz, it's not like the case of FHF/ZN case in 2016 Olympic when one player of the pair is a young & prospective player, and the older player was not 36 years old when the tournament was held. Hendra/Ahsan pair is just having a magical run out of their sheer talent & experience.

It is up to FajRi pair whether they can make a fair case against the Daddies going to Tokyo's Olympic, and judging from their perfomance so far, they don't seem to be up for the task. I sincerely hope they can rectify it, sooner than later, because time is running out to qualify for that event.

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

So, i hope AhsanHendra dont retire after Olympics or months after that.

Never understand why LeeYongDae retire when he was WR1. Is it a heat of the moment decision (losing in QF OlympicGames). Honestly, it is not losing the QF that is regretful, it is retiring at WR1 and now seeing its hard to come back at the top. It is a pity . That is real regret. When you think about it, he was 28 at that time. Even Hendra at 35 is still so god. 2 years gone start again and its difficult already , super. plus your partner already going downhill

14. SpursIndonesia

Yeah, i agree with you, not everyone can be a saint on the court, they play to win, and nobody can really call them for being unsportsman/womanlike by not admitting in. Being magnanimous is a choice, and sometime it was against the goal of winning the game. Even i have to admit i might very well behave like that my self if the game really matters and the win is hanging by a thread.

#1074 SpursIndonesia, Sep 21, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    Anks likes this.
  15. SpursIndonesia

MatsuNaga is a bit different compared to other typical JPN WDs. They are more aggressive, with stronger attacking play, and less defensive minded. I think it is more advantageous to the KOR style of playing compared to the typical defensive minded, great returning & court covering, and solid counter attack that most JPN WDs display as of late.

16. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Yesterday got 4/5 right. so..

Zheng/Huang
    TaiTzuYing
    Momota
    Matsutomo/Takahashi
    Minions

18. wade

wade Regular Member

Siwei only need 1 or 2 smashes to get a point lol

19. wade

wade Regular Member

Come on china, let siwei play MD...

20. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

I rarely seen HDP playing a shot that getting past HYQ at the net, a shot that LN likes to do...especially when she played ma jin back then.