Victor Bravesword 11

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by flite, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Look what I'd done to my BS11

I got so attached to the Bravesword series (aerodynamic/sharp-edged frame) that when I switch to other rackets it would make me missed its "whipping effect" whenever I fully swung the racket.

However I felt the BS11 lacked sting whenever I deployed a full smash especially from the baseline prolly because of its moderate head heaviness. So it lead me into this.

I got a piece of weave carbon fiber (you can actually feel the weaves when you touch it) from my fabricator friend and cut it into 3mm strips.

All I wanted is to add another 3mm to the bp so the lenght was measured to suit my needs and the additional weights was placed from 8-11 o'clock position only.

Then I removed all the original grommets and stick the measured carbon fiber strips onto the cleave area before replacing new grommets to make it permanent. The reason I placed the carbon fiber strips there is I did not want it to affect the frame shape and effect.

Now I have a BS11 that is perfect to me in all department besides having the same look of the Armotecs frame although aesthetically.:)

Attached Files:

#141 Aspire, Sep 16, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
    konww002 likes this.
  2. matsu_des

matsu_des Regular Member

Student
    I had it strung with bg68ti at 28lbs.
    Erm, if i'm being honest, it's very difficult to get used to. With no overgrip, it's very weird because its very head heavy but when you swing it, its as fast as the nanospeed9900 so it completely deceives you and shots are often mistimed. Now when I put an overgrip on, it suddenly feels sorta headlight and is easier to use. However, due to making it headlight, I don't feel like I am getting the best out of it because shaft doesnt bend as much now that it is more balanced. So whenever I use it, I always feel uneasy and uncomfortable, maybe I just need to stop being a baby and switching to another racket everytime I hit the frame and actually try to get used to it because I know that it has potential, it has all the right ingredients to suit my type of play and many others, it's sorta flexible, heavy head, but swings superfast which sceams power.
    Anyways, don't let me put you off if you we're planning on purchasing one, my university league and training will be starting soon so will stick to it this time and hopefully i will get what i paid for :eek:

3. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

any review of BS11 4UG5 ? i accidentally bought 4U version instead of 3U and.. it just doesnt feel right on my hand. strung with NBG95 at 25Lbs. the price was supposed to be THB4900 but the shop owner sold it for THB3900 (US$125)

4. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I have both 3U and 4U. Personally prefer the 4U as it is lighter and less head heavy hence suit me better. The 3U is more head heavy and thus have a whipping effect. Initially i do not like it at all but after sometimes i am learning to love it more and more. Give urself sometime and find out how good it is.

5. krisyay

krisyay Regular Member

Just got the 3U BS11 from Eric of RKEP. Just swinging it around it feels and sounds much faster than the NS9900. The sound it makes as it cuts through the air is noticeably higher than NS9900.

6. Crynge

Crynge Regular Member

Does anybody know how durable the frame is??
    im afraid that the slimmer and aerodynamic frame might break during clashes

7. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I've used my BS' extensively for a while now, and they're as tough as I could hope for. The design does lend itself towards 'wear and tear' though, so if you're one of those guys that insist on having a pristine racket until you trade it in for the next 'latest and greatest', then don't buy a Brave Sword.

I think earlier in this thread I suggested that the BS10 and BS11 in TW guise are identical, but they're not - the BS11 is head heavier than the BS10.

8. Crynge

Crynge Regular Member

im not too worried about paint chips, because i know the paint chips VERY easily on BS11
    but the frame itself is very durable right?

9. yankiat

yankiat Regular Member

My experience... Clashed my BS11 with Ti10... Ti10 broken into 2 pieces but BS11 is down with 1 severe paint chip.
    It was an accident where both trying to take the birdie in the middle... I'm sorry...

#149 yankiat, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  10. user77

user77 New Member

ANy one tried Arc Z slash ? and BS11 together ?

11. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Got the 4U version (Am thinking 4U suits me well now considering I have fairly small/medium hands) (last one from Eric) about a week ago, and all I gotta say is after switching from my 8DX, this is definitley going to be my official racket when playing singles/doubles/mixed. Strung with Zymax 67 @ 24LBS, it makes a wicked BOOMING noise when smashing. But this is coming from plastic shuttles, so when I practice with my varisty team again in about 2 weeks, I'll see from there. (probably the same anyways)
    Net shots are very percise and accurate, even if the shuttle is behind me I can still pull off a full clear on the backcourt. Overall, best racket I've ever played with hands down. A bit pissed though that I already have a couple paint chips due to racket clash (cheap paint quality but w/e...)

12. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    CMIIW but I saw LYD using BS11 in China Open final where he and JJS beat China's pair Chai Biao / Zhang Nan
    is he switching from BS09 to BS11 ???

13. flite

flite Regular Member

One indication whether the frame is strong or not is to look at the MRT.

Most Victors can stand up to 28-30lbs whereas YY only 22-24lbs. No wonder when one clashes with a YY it was the YY rackets that broke into half.

14. ariffza

ariffza Regular Member

Engineer
    I have the exact same dilemma! BS09 or BS11? I'm looking for an easier racket to handle for my off days so I'd personally go for the "friendliest" racket out of the two. Can anybody who has owned both of these rackets advice which is more user friendly?

15. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    It depends what you mean by user friendly.

BS09 is lighter so is potneitally easier in defence and around the net, but may lack that extra beef you need in attack. I would also say that BS09 feels slightly more flexible shaft.

The Korean Uber Cup winners of 2010 mainly used BS11. There are also a number of men using the racquet too. I only know of Lee Yong Dae using BS09.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

16. ariffza

ariffza Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi there Paul. I almost had my mind set on the BS09 but after reading your review of BS11, I got confused again :crying:. By the way, I enjoyed your review on BS10 & BS11! The reason why I'm leaning towards BS09 and BS11 is because I feel that BS10 is probably too stiff for me. I should have been more specific when I said "user friendly". What I meant was which of the two rackets will help me generate more power in my smashes without tiring my shoulders so quickly. Appreciate your expert opinion. :D

17. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

That's more so towards your technique then the actual racket...

18. kagaya

kagaya New Member

Researcher
  19. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    @kagaya

yes there are two different versions. the tw bs11 is med flex as you pointed out whereas all other codes like hk are med stiff. im just gonna go out on a limb and assume that most posts above were talking abt the med stiff version right?

kind of interested in the racket too =P

20. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

I don't think there's 2U version of BS11, even in mainland China. I've been searching in Beijing but found only 3U version.