Victor 72/76/80 holes stringing pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 6, 2011.

1. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    That's because the pattern is dumb.

There is no real reason to not use a standard 76 hole pattern (ie. Yonex) on these racquets.

2. Alex Meldrum

Alex Meldrum New Member

Lol
    So you would just recommend the standard yonex pattern (familiar with that as its what i tend to do most often) - is that the general consensus?
    I also spotted that the previous stringer only started the crosses at D9 rather than D8........
    Also the stringing pattern doesnt make sense with the X900 as it says to tie of the crosses at the top at C6 but C6 is a single string grommet for a main.
    Starting to realise that the stringing patterns provided for rackets dont always seem to match up with reality!
    Now I am really confused :-(

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Most stringing patterns released that are not for specific racquets (ie. 72 holes pattern, 76 holes pattern, etc.) are dated and general patterns. They don't apply to newer models unless the pattern hasn't changed.

Most stringers tend to start their crosses at B9, because Yonex racquets have their crosses start there. It's really up to you if you want that extra cross or not except when not putting it leaves a bigger than usual gap at the bottom.

As for stringing patterns, they don't really matter (as long as you don't do anything funky). Unless the racquet has something special, you can use the standard patterns on all racquets without any negative impact. Pro stringers use that pattern on almost all racquets unless asked otherwise, no matter what the brand or model of the racquet is.

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    D9 is an easy grommet. You will get 3 strings easy thru this grommet. No need to worry. Tie the starter at D9 around the main and only main. Then you go with the cross one down - weave, weave one up and you are at your starter and go fully up. Isn't complicated. You can also string your Victor with the YY standard and it will be fine. IMO this pattern doesn't have any advantages and Victor TW recommend a different pattern. So skip this mess of a pattern and do it YY standard.

5. michael5098

michael5098 Regular Member

I have the gosen gungnir beta which also has 80 holes. I used to do 2 piece yonex pattern with tie offs on D9. I noticed grommets starting to sink on that hole, so I have now switched to 1 piece.

6. Ace_Driver

Ace_Driver New Member

7. toy_cel

toy_cel Regular Member

Attached Files:

8. EpicBlue

EpicBlue Regular Member

The official stringing pattern is the one that Ace_Driver posted. Not sure how Victor Europe made the instruction, but it's not even one piece.