Victor 2020 New Products

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Junye, Aug 20, 2019.

1. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

JS12II is very much subjective to string tension.
    If tension is not high enough, the holding feel will be there.
    However, it feels sharp and fast when tension is up to 30lbs.
    Beware that it tends to have sinking grommet problem over 30lbs.

2. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Thanks, I was hoping it will have something close to the holding feel of the original JS12. The JS12M didn't have as much hold as I liked.

And literally any racket will not last when strung over 30lbs, so I'm not too worried about that. As long as it doesn't sink at 28lbs I'm good.

Michaelgtj likes this.
  3. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

If you like holding feel, I think driveX9X will suit you much better.
    JS12ii is different from JS12, which was a head heavy racket.
    JS12ii is totally a balanced speed racket, with which you might feel empty if string bed is loss.

Drivex9x, on the contrary, is very powerful at low tension.

4. Sainttoo

Sainttoo Regular Member

Js12ii is hh. We compared mine to my friend's js12. We both think js12ii is headheavier than js12. And for me js12ii is more powerfull than dx9x. I really didnt enjoy dx9x tho, so I m little biased, but js12ii became my main racket... also, racquetforce measured swing weight of js12ii as 85.5, while they measured ax zz as 85kg.

5. ChocoChipWaffle

Not sure if you already bought an 70k, but here is my review

Auraspeed 70k (old color) 3UG5 with BG80 @ 27lbs
    85g 299mm dry (no grip plastic), 93g 295mm wet

This is similarly weighted in both the head and overall weight compared to my Aurapeed 90k 4U, which was 84g 305mm dry (no grip plastic). I like my rackets around that swing weight at around that 3.5U weight, and I will be making a lot of comparisons between these two rackets to make the review a bit more precise. Not only is the 90k a good benchmark racket, these two rackets are so similarly spec'd that if you're in the market for an aggressively spec'd Auraspeed, you are most likely looking at these two.

First impressions: The 90K was head heavier while being 1g lighter overall. Despite the stiffness rating, I found that 70K is not all that much stiffer than 90K, they seemed pretty much the same stiffness except the 90K has a more holding feel, so even though they were strung with the same string and tension, the 90K had more dwelling time during smashes. And as you know, the longer the shuttle spends time dwelling on the strings, the more time it allows for the shaft to bend, which is why I felt the 90K was slightly easier to generate powerful stick smashes and create angles during attacking. Still, I would say the stiffness on the 70K is exaggerated, I felt it should receive a stiffness rating a lot closer to the 90K, and the 90K I felt is a fraction more stiff than the Arc11. I'll make it simple: If you find the Arc11 and 90K's shaft manageable, you'll be fine with a 70K. But if you feel that the Arc11 and 90K is the absolute max stiffness you can tolerate, I guess there's a small chance 70k might be disappointing. That being said, the stiffness rating of the 70K should really be more like a 4/5 rather than 5/5.

Speed: Fast, despite being a 3U it's faster than my 4U 90K, so keep that in mind. But in general, assuming the overall weights are similar I expect most 70K's to be faster than most 90K's out there since the racket has a more aerodynamic frame. The 70K looks like a Bravesword that has been slightly dulled, whereas the 90K looks overall a more chunky frame that carries the sword finish. Therefore the 70k is a fast racket, not BS12 fast but something I expect from the successor line of the Braveswords. It is probably the halfway point of a 90K and a BS12 in terms of speed, defending was a breeze although underhand lifts or powerful counter drives required a larger wrist motion compared to the 90K, since 70k was lighter in the head. This goes to show that a lighter racket doesn't strictly result in better defense. However, finesse shots like weaker placement drives, pushes, or shots to the side were much easier on the 70K.

Power: Personally I find rackets with the holding feel to be more powerful than rackets that don't (assuming head heaviness, string setup are constant). I find 90K to be more powerful, but the 70K isn't far behind. Both can be used by backcourt players or singles players, but if the 90K's power was a 8.5/10 I'd say the 70K is an 8/10. For doubles players, I'd say the 70K is an all-rounder, whereas the 90K is an all-rounder with a slight emphasis on back court.

Feel: The 70K has a slimmer frame, and this creates a more responsive string bed than the 90K. Mid-court shots are lightning fast and powerful, whereas the 90K shots are slightly more meaty at the slight cost of speed. The 70K has more of that raw feel that you get from the Braveswords, whereas the 90K is something halfway between a Bravesword and an Arcsaber - holding feel meets sword frame. However, the 70K's feel has been slightly dulled compared to a Bravesword, although that isn't necessarily a bad thing if you use a hard string like BG80.

Verdict: I'd summarize by saying the Auraspeed 70K plays and feels like "the successor racket to the old Braveswords" which is really what the Auraspeeds were meant to be when they were first released. Good stiffness for responsive play, good head weight for power, the sword frame for speed, and a great feel - it's all I've ever wanted since the stiff Braveswords have discontinued. It feels close enough to the BS10 that I had before, although less stiff and easier to play. This is in contrast to the 90K which I'd call a racket halfway between a Bravesword and Arcsaber, making it a unique entry in the Auraspeed lineup as I believe most of the Auraspeed rackets share the same frame shape as the 70K. That being said, because I'm a back court player I expect 90K to be my main racket going forward, but I would have no qualms about maining the 70K. In fact, because the 70K is $50 dollars cheaper than the 90K where I live, I expect the 70K to be my main racket going forward if my 90K were to break. It's good to know that such a quality racket is on such a discount - nothing beats cheap, quality rackets you can buy multiples of.

#325 ChocoChipWaffle, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
    insanity, ph1l, yan2xp and 4 others like this.
  6. sy0182003

sy0182003 Regular Member

Customer Service
    Has anyone got their hands on Victor's new Ryuga yet? I read from a Chinese badminton forum (中羽在线) it's an amazing attacking racket and that an average player should be able to handle a 5U. I wonder how's it compared to ZFII?
    upload_2020-11-14_18-56-3.png

Attached Files:

Dhandapani likes this.
  7. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Was wondering why Victor release 70k C which is new colour scheme but a totally different racket from original 70k.
    Original 70k is quite stiff, same like 90k but the 70k c is mid flex like the js12F.

8. ChocoChipWaffle

No idea as I find the original 70k a masterpiece, they could have just settled for the upgraded paint job and not change anything else and I would have been happy.

Another thing to note about the 70k is that despite it's stiffness, slim frame shape and even balance, it hits clears and drives a bit more effortlessly than it should. When people reviewed the 90s said clears and drives go further than usual, I now know exactly what they mean, because the 70k gives me that feel as well. Usually a racket of this spec needs a bit more effort or weight put into the shot by the player to generate some bite into drives, but in this case the racket kind of seems to give that bit of boost. Its the first time in my life where I get the feeling that a racket marketing saying "this technology gives X% more power than other rackets" might actually be true.

#328 ChocoChipWaffle, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
  9. ChocoChipWaffle

10. llrr

llrr Regular Member

What's the point of putting forward a 5U racquet for discussion and ask "how does it compare with ZF2?"

speCulatius likes this.
  11. sy0182003

sy0182003 Regular Member

Customer Service
    Sorry, I meant to ask how a 4U Ryuga compares to a 4U ZFII. I mentioned 5U because people in that forum think that for an average, non professional player, 5U is for them. But for me I’d like to see how a 4U Ryuga compares to a 4U ZFII.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

12. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

The ZFII 4U with a swing weight of around 90, compared to the 88.5 of the Ryuga. The Adidas Wucht P8 3U should be closer swing weight wise (racquetforce measured it at 90 as well), also has a compact head, but a different frame profile. The sample size is too small to make any general claims, but this is as good as a comparison as you'll get.
    58667520_1285071471644813_2840031447849369600_n.jpg
    120487896_1769589086526380_6904005559498571493_o.jpg
    credits to racquetforce.com

yenyesoh likes this.
  13. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Anyone has a 70k c ? Able to compare with the normal 70k........

14. markho678

markho678 Regular Member

15. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    yenyesoh, ivanlam and Dave1011 like this.
  16. Tennyson

Tennyson Regular Member

yenyesoh, ivanlam and Dave1011 like this.
  17. markho678

markho678 Regular Member

IMG_3861.JPG IMG_3863.JPG
    My friend racket.. No clash, no mishit or anything just broke in the middle of rally after clear shot..
    fortunately no one get hurt lol...

Father Parrot likes this.
  18. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

I pray for my ARS90K to not suffer the same fate

19. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

Racket don't just break this way. Surely it start from hairline crack before finally give way after continuous playing. I always make it a habit to inspect my racket after game to check for any defects.

s_mair likes this.
  20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member