~~~~VERY~STRONG~~~~HELP!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by eltonz, Aug 31, 2001.

1. eltonz

eltonz Guest

ok heres the problom. i have played this player a couple times and he is a VERY strong defence player, he is somewhat fast, and he is now getting stronger and is starting to attack a bit more as he trains.... how do i beat a player like that? i am a very offence player.

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Cut down your offence and the just vary the pace of the game to great speeds that u play in to very slow speeds.

I am very sure that he will some point of time lose out on you.

I guess u should be good enough to vary the pace of the game.

Hope this helps.

3. jayes

jayes Guest

Hmm, I'm not sure on giving advice since never seen you or your opponent play. I'll give you a very, very general guideline then.

To every player there are weaknesses and strengths. You might want to observe what are your opponent's weaknesses and strengths. See if you can exploit your opponent's weaknesses - perhaps the footwork, difficulty returning shuttle in one particular spot, etc. and minimize your opponent's strengths. Here I'm assuming that you both are about equal calibre. If your overall performance is below your opponent's, perhaps you need to work more on your performance (be it footwork, shots, placement, stamina, etc) before you can easily beat your opponent.

Cheers. :)

4. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    If you ask me, i would tell you this, because i have done this before from personal experience. I had these players who are better than me, 1 by far.

I managed to beat 1 15-9 15-9, i still remember the score..... What i did was stroke more, keep on stroking untill your opponent loses out.....

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Assuming the very offensive player can consistently play long rallies with consistent clears and drops. Many find it difficult.

6. Maverick

Maverick Guest

From what u say, it seems that he is better than u. So either live with it or train harder. No one in the world can help you just by posting some supposed "strategies" here.

7. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

In cooler ranch terms u are an unbranded Cow, maverick! IS it not right Cooler?

So i guess u should be branded to be an expert!

No offence as i was just kidding!

Good Insight though for a maverick!

8. Maverick

Maverick Guest

Cow?? Isn't that a sacred animal for you?? Since i've got such insight as you deemed, why don't u pray to me??

No offence as well!! :)

9. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I meant Cattle more than Cow! But i guess u were spot on abt the fact that Cows are sacred animals to the Hindus!

I will worship u if u Quote ur self as the COW at the forum!

10. Maverick

Maverick Guest

All right, all right...let's not get carried away shall we? :)

11. jessie james

jessie james Guest

first go back to the basic
    play is back hand, drop shots, play sides, can you make him run and finish.
    are you giving the points or he is making them on you.
    good luck