@ Vancouver Sept 13-15....

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by kwun, Sep 5, 2003.

1. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Man Sat. Night as crazy!! It's monday morning rite now and I'm still aching all over from it >< I guess I'm the one that's getting old ><

Besides all that aching, I had a great time sat night. Thx for all the ppl who put up wif my extremely unorthedox and unoriented play (my shots were going everywhere LOL)

btw Kwun, we never played (actually I was kinda in hiding cuz I dun think I'd want to embarrass myself playing aganst ya after watching you n janet play Mr. n Mrs. Badrad... holy cow those two games were crazy) But I think I'll b ready for ya nex yr :D (well... not exactly ready, but less embarrassment at least :p)

Thanks again people! It was a great night! ^^

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Nice one Marky:D That looks like the twinkling eyes of Pete to me:)

Jchen, you are one of the most modest people around. I bet your shots were going everywhere on to the floor on the opponent's side.:p

Wish I could have been around:(

my 'great' w/end comprised of some lectures (boring lecturers), paddling around ina pool, and missing out on a team tournament held in Guang Zhou..:( (Called Wah Ling cup; maybe you can find it on chinabadminton.com)

3. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Richmond, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
    Thanks Cheung. And, you have good eye.

4. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I think its great you can all meet up and play some badminton, sounded like great fun, hope to meet some of you some day.

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    So, I think my 1st guess was wrong??? :eek:

You changed ur glass??? Man, that's cheating!!! :D

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    The important issue is everyone seems having a lot of fun, whether who win how many games or who has better shots are relatively not important.

Did anyone ever think about 5000 miles further east, ur injuried lazy "buddy" was trying to move around on another badminton court at the same time??? :D

7. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    So after 9pm till 2:00 am baddy, I woke up Sun and decided to play MORE badminton. Wooo, bad idea. My shoulder muscle was sore and stiff that all my shot timing was WAYYYY off.

Great night of badminton. Partnered Kwun for 2 games, and played against him in one. Good thing Mr/Mrs Badrad tired him out for me first :D ... we didn't lose by THAT much bcos of that.

Glad I got a game with Cooler too!

My deep appreciation to everyone, it was a superb baddy experience :)

-dave

8. Marky

Marky Regular Member

LB: instead of focusing on me, perhaps you may like to guess Mr. Cooler who is also our honorable guest of the night.

9. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    we never did get a chance to play the rubber match. we were all pretty tired before we played our games, and I was pretty near empty by the time we finished. we have to plan another one when we are all fresh.

mrs badrad was having fun figuring out Kwun's range in terms of court coverage, so we tried to s-t-r-e-t-c-h him out as often as possible. very good court coverage. Janet has also been well trained by Kwun to stay at the net and not pop up floaters...

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Now, I know how come Kwun did not sign up and post these days...

The excuse of "not easily obtain an accessable computer" seems not the real reason, the #1 fact is well stated in the "quote"... :eek:

11. Yong

Yong Regular Member

ICT consultant
    Wow guys, that must have been an awesome badminton night. Wish i was there to join all of you.

Don't forget Janet in the picture : third from the right, bottom row, if i'm correct ;)

12. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    no - can't take any credit for that... I do believe it was the 14 - 15 other BFer's that would have did him in... they were doing the tourist thing on Sunday along with Cooler.

13. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    hail kwun

maybe we should've charted a tour bus and put the winner of the BF Logo contest on the side and carted Kwun all over Vancouver with it ... :D

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    hi everybody!

wow, what a badminton day! so many of you showed up. :)

as promised i think we did pretty much played till our legs fell off. we got back to my hotel and found two huge blisters on my feet. we ended up getting into bed at 4am. the next day i could feel every one of my leg muscles walking up the stairs to the skytrain. but it only bring back the good memories.

we so thoroughly enjoyed our games janet was already asking when we are heading to vancouver again.

it was very very nice to meet everybody and everybody was so friendly! i apologize as there are a couple of you who came up to me saying hi but even though i promised, i never got a chance to play a game with. we will make it up next time..

so many faces and so many new names i lost track of many of you, some i never caught the name of. next time we will have names tags. haha. :)

we are safe and back home now, the fun is over but the memories will stay!

i have a few higher resolution photos in my camera. i wonder what would be the best way to distribute those? perhaps ofoto.com ?

15. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Hey kwun. Glad to hear that you and Janet had an awesome time here in Vancouver. You've got to come back again!

For your hi-res digital photos, Ofoto is certainly decent place, but I personally prefer Sony's Image Station since they allow you to store (and others to access) the hi-res version of the pictures. This is something that Ofoto doesn't seem to allow.

But either way, I'm sure everyone will be happy as long as we can see them somewhere.

-Rick

16. Marky

Marky Regular Member

Sony's Image Station provides unlimited storage space as well.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Hi all, I was very delighted to see so many BFers came by to VRC to meet us out of towners. I've enjoyed playing badminton with all of you although i think i might not got the chances to play with everyone there. The caliber of plays were very good, i have pick up some areas that i have to improve on as well. You guys are all so friendly and hospitable.

I got to visit many places that i want to see and experience in vancouver as well. Yah, I missed vancouver's weather and food already. It was warm when i left vancouver and after the 1 hour flight, it was only 5 degree C with cold drizzle when i've landed, and my lawn is now covered with snow when i woke up today. You see, i got many reasons to visit vancouver more often :)

18. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    must be fun!

all I can say is..........i wish i was there :(

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think it was best left without the rubber match. i think you two are a big contributing factor to the size of the blister i got on my feet.

that two mixed games must have been the best mixed games i have played for a while. i too tried to make sure that badrad got his share of court coverage. i think it started to have its effect at the second half of the second game. ;)

janet was obviously rather overwhelmed by the speed of the opponent, the next day she insisted that we had played 3 games instead of 2. i was like, "huh?"

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Re: must be fun!

you should've been there!