USENSE badminton racket sensor

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kennyb, May 29, 2015.

1. pp0107

pp0107 New Member

I have been using this sensor for a couple of weeks now and I play 2-3 times a week. Quite interestingly, my fastest swing speed or smash speed is 230 every time i play. All other factors or counts vary like drop shots, high clears, drives, etc.. but the fastest smash is consistently 230. Anyone noticed this issue? Looks like its topped off to that number lol.

2. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Don't expect the sensor to be very accurate. The speed varies even when you hold the grip at different positions. Apparently the speed seems to be faster if you grip closer to the cone due to the sensor is further away from your swing axis.....

3. pp0107

pp0107 New Member

exactly... the sensor cant be so accurate, but at the same time, I don't think I am that consistent to clock at exactly 230 smash speeds every time.
    what you said may be right to an extent that handling the racket handle at a different spots can make some difference in smash speeds, but just wondering how can it be the same speed every time as per the sensor. :eek:

4. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Possibly because you have reached the threshold of the sensor? My max smash speed is roughly at the same range, something like 230kph...

5. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

Which seems silly when we have players topping 400.

6. Secret Santa

Secret Santa New Member

I can see the potential weakness of this as regards accuracy and weight, but I can also see a use in a club setting where it can be passed around the room at club nights so members get to compare each others speed and styles. It may be the perfect way to get to teammate to throw in a few more drop shots or to avoid lifting too much!

7. robsmash

robsmash New Member

anyone here update their review more? i am considering to buy this

8. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Trying to bump this thread up in 2019.

I recently tried to open up the app and it looks to me that USENSE and its servers have gone busted? That also means that all the USENSE brand sensors are now being rendered useless?