USA Made History in 2005 IBF World Championship Men's Doubles

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by kwun, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Qazx1

Qazx1 Regular Member

I was there!! I saw them beat the #1 from Denmark! (quarterfinals) The crowd went nuts just when they walked on the court it was awesome.
    The crowd, myself included, was cheering over every rally they won, even during the rallies occasionally like just before a jump smash. It was complete crazyness and I have to say the best time I've ever had at a sporting event.
    God, I love this sport. :D

Even better, my badminton coach was commentating on the championships on sunday. :eek: Completely unexpected. That was so weird seeing her on tv (LA 18) down in soutern california because she holds lessons up here in the bay area.

2. tony rules

tony rules Regular Member

tony n howard played really outstanding in the hole championship...... i just love the way tony played...... he's a great doubles badminton player..... cool n steady....:)

3. scchang

scchang Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
    for the broadasting, ESPN tried to sqeeze four commentators into the commentry. That did not sound good to me. I think two is more appropriate since they can easily coordinate with each other; i.e. they can chit chat but still focus on the competition. If there are three or four, things can be a little bit difficult to handle.

-SC