Upcoming Players

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by ChildrenOfBadminton, May 30, 2022.

1. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

made this thread to discuss upcoming players and prospects all in one place so its not hard to follow and keep track of .
    Some players I have been following are Maisnam Meiraba Luwang, Kiran George and Priyanshu Rajawat.

2. ChildrenOfBadminton

There will be a few players to see at the Italian International (2-5 June)
    Kiran George and Meiraba will be playing

3. ChildrenOfBadminton

update: Mithun Manjunath looks to be the next one to carry IND badminton . Rajawat , Meiraba , Kiran showing improvement but not very reliable. but the new batch if players is reassuring. hope to see them emerge well ove the next 2 years. manjunath is 24 already so this will be the year for him to rise like Loh did in 2021-22. WS looking like a disappointing sector with no actual prospects to speak of ; even indonesia WS looks better in comparison. but hopefully unnati nd tasnim can rise in the next 2 years. dont have hope for malvika, akarshi,aditi, samiya etc but they still have time.
    MD looking to be in not too good of a shape, just have Garaga-panjala and no one after. they could step it up this year.
    WD has treesa-gayatri ; on the right path . full support . although again , no other prospects as of yet.
    XD is in bad , bad shape. no one is there. Ishan-tanisha unreliable and cannot beat pairs above wr20. but they are improving as well. but no other prospects.
    looking forward to a new year, a good year.
    Jan 2023
    Saatvik

4. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Just watched the match between Priyanshu against Nat Nguyen in the Orleans Masters,
    I’ve never heard of him till today, must say he looks a real prospect, Indian’s new hope maybe?.

5. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yes, long way to go, he is on right track.

6. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Just rewatched the game again, must say he’s got a sound game,
    very late crisp hitter makes it very hard to read,
    very deceptive and with power when he unleashes it,
    add to that a slick mover, not seen Mithun Manjunath which CObadminton has quoted,
    but the real test is when faced with top ranked players,
    here’s keeping my eyes peeled.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  7. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Just watched the 1st set on BWF live, all I can say is Wow!
    he’s doing to Johanesen what he did to others, (noticed he put out #1 seed Nishimoto earlier round),
    a very deceptive late ‘clip’ action, wrong footing his opponent left, right and centre.

Shame I have to go visit my mums grave, looking forward to the 2nd set when I get back.

Simeon likes this.
  8. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    I just found another smooth moving MS player Bharat RAGHAV. Not yet 19 years. If I could move like he I would enjoy playing no matter I win or lose.
    He win VICTOR Future Series Nouvelle-Aquitaine 2023 on Sunday through qualification.
    Anyone can share info of him?