Unprofessional Datuk Lee

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by pralinescream, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

pls do not try and promote hatred n fighting.
    pralinescream will not provoke any senseless argument and rage simply for the sake of it.
    since i do not have much knowledge whether what u said is true, nor de circumstances arnd it, i shall not open any thread abt it. TQVM

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The mods didn't heed the advices to close this thread at the beginning when it was created and now I see a bout between one member against so many. Pity this poor lonesome member but it was his/her own doing. If it was a boxing match, the referee would have stop the fight. I am surprised it could led to 9 pages!!!

3. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Professional or not.... if you have the wealth , flaunt it.
    LCW has enough points to loosen up a little and also the skills and stamina to back it up. Why not?
    Still won in straight sets... Fans in the stadium are happy....

Remember Mike Tyson's first round knock out of James Buster Douglas?(couldnt bother to check, should be him)
    People pay millions to get to ringside and all they got out of the fight was a 1st minute knock out.
    You win some you lose some.

4. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I think you should chill praline.

Most members dont agree with you and most of them are diplomatic enough to do it in a nice and fun way.

You've made your point, there's always an element "giving away points,face"whatever but it is nothing to be taken seriously.

Most players are guilty of it ,so everyone is "unpro" to some extent and no one is perfect, so in the end it should apply universally and there are no more double standards.

I'm glad you are taking it so well but watch out for the pirates in Sipadan !

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Please confirm with your friend that he is not a BC member with a nickname that starts with a letter P and ends with a letter M.

6. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

to be fair to everyone...members are entitled to their opinions...some LD supporters might upset about the LD W/O thread and counter back with this one...so I think is fair and square...i am upset when LD give a W/O when I bought the ticket just to see his clash with LCW, but I decided to keep quiet and didnt post anything in that thread...as for the claim that LCW gave some points to TH....it does look not so "nice" in a way...but I decide to stay out of it as well....LD got his wrongs and LCW also in some way got his wrongs also if what the thread starter said is true..but there are many ways to express your points and anger...in this case, if LCW really gave away cheap points, I can say is not a nice way to do that...but I dont think that is unprofessional or he had bad behaviors....I dont judge a person by this small deed and give him a life sentence..I judge him as a whole...his sacrifices for the sport, his loyalty and respect to his coach...and his commitment in the training etc....
    the thread starter can say whatever he want....based on the small deed, but I saw many accusations are being made and I hope it does not promote hatred n fighting....wow...9 pages already??? :D:D:eek:

7. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

This is a typical example of biased double standard when things works towards vs against one's preference.

LCW / TH are good friends, "knowing" that could beat TH anyway, LCW relaxed and play around with his good friend; "knowing" that could not beat LCW anyway, TH also relaxed and not thinking of any desire to turn the table but turn the remaining points to an exhibition...

Maybe you have forgot about the famous win by LCW over LD in MAS a few years a go, turn the table around even at the brink of defeat with LD just a point from winning the game. If LCW also "knew" and "recognized" of difficulty to claw back the points, he should just easily lose that game and match.... of course not, just because LD was not his friend!

If the spirit of LCW/TH match is acceptable, LD's so-called "gifting" a match, or even a title to his good friends and team-mates is just a similar logic but he did it in a much earlier stage, i.e. not until on court but earlier, should also be acceptable.

If you defied a theft as a theft, then even it's just a single dollar, or steal it for goodwill, it would still be guilty of a crime of theft with a million dollar. The only difference would be the levels of punishment. Therefore if you could not tolerate the behavior of theft, you should not tolerate the theft of one dollar but band on those with a million.

At the end, this is human nature and no one is perfect. so why not concentrate on badminton and not players? this is "Badminton-Central" forum and not "Bad, mean, tongue-to-tongue" forum! :D

8. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

Is not him....my friend will not talk about petty issues...:D:D

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Good. Then if we are in Tawau, we can look for him. I also heard the seafood is cheap and good and plenty of variety. They even export to restaurants in Hong Kong.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He's not my idol, as I've mentioned earlier...I simply enjoy watching him play because it's (nearly) always very good badminton, just like I enjoy watching Peter Gade, Lin Dan and Taufik. I can't see anything bad about his behaviour at all (and still await proof that he admitted throwing away points on purpose, btw).
    I think LD's habit of giving W/O to friends/teammates is much worse as it's robbing fans of their chance to see the match they paid for....anyway, seems we'll just have to agree to disagree ;)

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    And I will click yours, 'like' too :D

12. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

Unprofessional? Maybe. Showoff? Definitely.

This thread is proof that BC is swarmed with bolehians.

Really no eye see.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    alright. this thread needs some cool down.

closed for now.

any attempt to revive the discussion in another thread will result in immediate permanent ban.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.