UK - best shuttles at £20-21/tube?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by HolyAwe, Jun 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. HolyAwe

HolyAwe Regular Member

I have been reading up shuttle reviews and guides by Paul Stewart. I know the articles are a bit dated so I am just wondering if his recommendations still apply nowadays?

https://badminton-coach.co.uk/5211/my-top-3-badminton-feather-shuttlecock-discoveries-of-2013/
    https://badminton-coach.co.uk/7872/victor-badminton-shuttle-review/

My eyes are on Victor Gold Champion as it seems to be both highly rated by Paul himself and various others in the comments section in the article. Has anyone recently used these shuttles and be able to give some opinions/advice please?

2. ningbo GIG

ningbo GIG Regular Member

owner of factory
    yonex AS 40 is better

3. HolyAwe

HolyAwe Regular Member

Ye, but I doubt you can get any for £20-21, so kinda overbudget for me unfortunately

4. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Shuttlecocks is always a hard question to answer. I would recommend not limiting yourself to a price point. Because a higher end shuttle will not only last longer, but also feel nicer whilst playing.
    Since you're UK based I would try tennis nuts and see if you can use the discount that the newsletter provides and maybe try a few different brands of shuttles. You will need to spend £50 or £100 for the discount to kick in, but shuttles should last a while, unless you planning on not using them frequently...
    I'm also assuming this is also for personal use rather than buying for a club.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

5. John Xina

John Xina Regular Member

You're better off with £13 hybrid shuttles than with anything else at around £20 in my opinion. They perform just as well but are much more durable.

6. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

What shuttles can you get for the price though?

Like you can see in the Adidas shuttles thread, I'm impressed by the Flieger FS5, especially their durability. At a price below 20€/tube, you compromise slightly on feedback/feel compared to AS30, for example, but it's marginal.... and in return, you get a really durable shuttle on the cheaper side. I don't know UK pricing though.

7. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Think I've seen FS7 for under £21 recently. At one point is was £20 for another place. Prices can vary a lot for Adidas shuttlecocks.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

8. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

I'd put FS7 above AS40, but probably below AS50. So if you can get them for 20£ , that's a steal! FS6 are good shuttles, too, I was just amazed of the value of FS5, because often cheaper shuttles mean lower durability, but not for these. Give Adidas shuttles a chance, especially when you see good prices.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Better buy a box of them. Would be worth it. Top grade Goose feathers can’t stay that low a price for long.

10. Signature

Signature Regular Member

Cheung likes this.