Toyota THAILAND Open : Qualification-FINAL (30 July - 4 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Morten Frost Hansen

Morten Frost Hansen Regular Member

This Forum during Thailand Open has been rather on the quiet side. Perhaps after Indonesia Open and Japan Open everyone is a bit tired.

2. Morten Frost Hansen

My favourite today was the last four matches.
    If I really have to choose (Immensely difficult), it would be MD, closely followed by WS, XD, MS

CLELY, rhoder, Biglever and 5 others like this.
  3. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    -

#483 Sundis, Aug 4, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2023
  4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Really i like your analysis.
    I am one of your follower. Plz do commentaries for basel .
    I am waiting to hear your analysis.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Understandably, Intanon Ratchanok is determined to win the title bout on homesoil being the sole surviving Thai representative on Finals Day.

G1 was played at a blistering pace with IR in aggressive mode which forced Chen Yufei to up her tempo to match, and it turned out to be outstanding, of the highest order of magnitude in offense, defense and counterattack.

G2 was played at a slightly lower pace as both ladies were beginning to feel the strain of accumulated fatigue over the 5-day event and the previous two tournaments , all played within three consecutive weeks of intense competition. Even so, both contestants carried on injecting pace now and then in the attempt to get the better of the other so much so that we were treated to a memorable final showdown, an epic battle of consummate skills, willpower and fighting spirit to cap it off.

To me, the Women's Singles final is the best match of the day and the entire tournament, more so than the thrilling Men's Doubles played earlier, mainly because I am more into singles than doubles.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Count me in. Morten , hope to see you there at Basel WC commentating.

7. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

Their coaches must study a lot of indonesian MD.

8. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Just watched the last 2 points . Wow they do hold their nerves in flat play. Not easy for 2 tall players where you expect them to buckle under pressure. It kinda look like they will lose those 2 points and hand MP to Li:Liu.

badmuse likes this.
  9. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Their coach is Indonesian, Flandy Lampele.

10. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

How many times li junhui gonna cost them the game ? he's the reason they lost in japan a week ago, he's also the reason they lost again today. poor liu yuchen..

11. Morten Frost Hansen

Thanks to those supporting my efforts and for those not, I hope I can win them over one day. To be honest, I really try to improve from tournament to tournament. Adding on an extra layer and studying the players to build up my knowledge. It is not something I take for granted and just like in my playing days, I strive towards being as good as I can be. English will always be my second language and sometimes after hours of work, I wish I could find other ways of expressing my thoughts. We are a good team and I am learning every time. Sitting at the airport in Bangkok and travelling back to Denmark in a short while. Signing out.

j4ckie, apple_pie, badmuse and 16 others like this.
  12. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

That and the fact it's missing quite a few names including TTY, Akane Yamaguchi, N. Okuhara, Kento Momota and more.

kurako likes this.
  13. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

Minions did not want to play in this tournament, and lost quite early, thus no circus, and less posts

stanleyfm and LenaicM like this.
  14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Cant deny this. Afterall, they are the jack in the box, expect the unexpected Minions.

Next time i want to see Kevin doing 360 degree piroutte using left hand. What a sight to behold.

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

CHOU TRUE GRIT
    Chou Tien Chen clinches second BWF Tour title briefly after his biggest triumphant in Jakarta couple of weeks ago. A nerve of steel that witnessing the Taiwanese star saved four match points and converting to victory on the verge of losing, leaving Ng Ka Long to swallow bitter pill, 21-14 / 11-21 / 23-21. Real battle occurs in third game as both players take one game apiece comfortably. A good sportmanships showed by the champion and losing finalist, swapping jersey after they lay down on the carpet in this tiring clash.

YU FEI PERSEVERANCE
    It's Chen Yu Fei consistency to stay calm, patient and focus to balance Intanon excellent technical skill, opening game is crucial with last point saw the Chinese solid defense to retrieve all Intanon attacking shots until the Thai player drop shot failed to cross the net. Chen controls the second game steadily despite her rival still delivering tough fight until end of match, 22-20 / 21-18. Chen extends her winning record over Intanon, 9-2, scoring back to back semifinal in Super 1000 & 750 previously then nails Super 500 here will be major boost the Chinese campaign in the imminent World Championships.

INDIA MILESTONE
    An unprecedented feat for Indian men's doubles pair to top podium in BWF Super 500 event, 22 years old Chirag Shetty and his partner 18 years old Satwiksairaj Rankireddy did it to stun more fancied opponent, reigning World Champions Li JH/Liu YC. An anti climatic performance by the Chinese pair in finale who have slow response, wrong anticipation, poor judgement and couldn't reading well the Indian youngsters fast and clever play, they lost narrowly in three games, 19-21 / 21-18 / 18-21.

Japan secures women's doubles crown through Tanaka/Yonemoto who have better strategy and endurance to outmaneuver the Chinese second-ranked Du Y/Li YH in the longest match of final day, 21-19 / 11-21 / 21-13. Wang/Huang present first title for Chinese camp after faltering in earlier two finals, they edge past familiar foes Watanabe/Higashino in very tight duel, the Japanese duo made great comeback from trailing behind 6-11 but sadly they couldn't seize momentum while world number two are better at decisive moment and capable to hold their nervous well, 24-22 / 23-21. Nice to see Huang Dong Ping and Arisa Higashino interaction, they're close friend.

KB@TB Em, antssantss, pp35 and 9 others like this.
  16. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

Their current coach is an Indonesian :)

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

18. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Love Steen's tweets. No-nonsense straight-up truth. :p