TOTAL BWF World Championships 2019 : SEMIFINAL & FINAL (24-25 August)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Apology accepted friend.

Not necessarily. And not everyone has as much focus on one's "favs" as you seem to have. But when a player completely dominates almost everyone, it is tempting to try analyse the domination and ask yourself: How could it come so far? And you can almost always turn things around and view them from a different angle.

For example: I claim that the arena was in PVS's favour. You can choose to see this as criticism.. that "she owes her victory to the arena". But you could also see another way; as criticism of CYF and NO, because they should have learned to adapt to this type arena knowing well in advance that the WC is held here. And you can even formulate it as praise of PVS: She as a player has developed such that she can dominate in the WC arena, the arena where it really counts. For anyone aiming for a WC title, this is where their priorities should be. Same with Olympics. And this is why I really like the decision made by Lin Dan to play a small tournament in Rio in preparation for RIO2016, because he knew that it was going to be the same arena at the Olympics.

Biglever, Anks, Baddie lover and 2 others like this.
  2. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

3. tepokbulu

tepokbulu Regular Member

let us wait that sindhu is not like zhang/liu, li/liu, ko/shin
    who win wc only once

4. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    An Official announcement

I,Anks the Learner,researcher,follower,Super Fan and Lover of ( WC OG ) Medalists from now on take Mr.Hassefar60 as my Guru of Factual,truthful and Positive Discussions:D

I know I get carried away at times but Thanks Mr.Hassefar for bringing me back to ground with due humility and respect how a true freind should.

You Mr.Hassefar are the addition to my Fav list of Firends along with very few who I respect equally as much as I do to my all time favs Players..!

HUGS and RESPECT your way:)

Hassefar60 likes this.
  5. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Wait a minute did I just see the names of Sindhu and Li/Liu ?? Na naa...naa Not today Homie.

Lets begin the Class...Lemme Show ya how to do it !

Do you think its a cakewalk to be a world champ ? Xqueez Me ?? What the Wendy Williams is wong with you ??:confused:

There are players who would Still to this day,despite being the greatest and longest no.1 and all the other achievements and what not,feel sad and cry that they couldnt get their country a GOLD MEDAL and have the HONOUR of being tagged and introduced as WORLD CHAMPIONS.

That is what My heroes LI/Liu and PVS have already ACHIEVED.:cool: Though yes I'd love to have my trio Champs Li/Liu and PVS to be recrowned again and I believe they can do it

I understand my brother SYQ and sisters FukuRota are still trying...and I ASSURE you..you will be Seeing SYQ and FukuRota as YOUR WORLD CHAMPION or OG Medalist.! very soon;)

#1165 Anks, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    arjevo likes this.
  6. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Talking about Steen, I wanna mention only one example of him being biased towards his favourite player.

Sindhu reached finals of Indonesia Open 2019 and lost to Akane Yamaguchi (finally one win After a series of losses to Sindhu), Steen was commentating the matches of Sindhu leading to the finals. He was clearly biased towards Sindhu calling the venue conditions favourable to Sindhu and something like that. When mentioning Akane, he use to mention her 'technicality' , when in reality she don't have 'backhand ' at all. He never ever mention about this huge drawback of a top player. Whereas when Morten and Gill were commentating, Gill asked about Akane's drawbacks to Morten and asked him that why she could not win many titles even if she is very consistent. He just pointed out this 'huge' drawback of her game. She can win game only when she is physically strong to run all over the court to take the shuttle in ' behind the head' situation rather using backhand. So, if her speed is slow, she could not take the shuttle early and she will lose the match.
    Steen never ever mentioned this huge drawback in his commentary. And also, when Steen was talking about court conditions when talking about Sindhu, why not he talked about the same when Akane reached finals. She did not reach finals in many tournaments. She reached finals only in few tournaments and won few . This is ridiculous . When talking about technicality, I will tell Sindhu is more technical . She can do anything what any top player can do.

Anks likes this.
  7. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I am fine you are saying Steen is biased, but what disturbed me is when you said Morten is most unbiased. And this probably because you take it personally toward your own favorite players.

What about when Morten said "LCW deserved the gold medal" when LD just won the match fair and square?

skhai91 likes this.
  8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    And to keep posting repetitive BS time and time again with CAPS and fake enthusiasm is even more. Can we have the ignore button?

Edit: typo

#1168 nilesh123, Aug 27, 2019
    It'sMeMeMe likes this.
  9. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

You definitely don't get what I am pointing at?.
    Questioning player's capability and their skills is totally different than what you are talking.

I would not care about those things . I am arguing this much because of his intention of depicting victories of Sindhu as some courtesy of court conditions.
    You dont get it?

Anks likes this.
  10. ebcd

ebcd Regular Member

There is an ignore button, you just need to click on the username and then there you go, ignore.

aZn_Popcorn, KRRacing and yuquall like this.
  11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I get what your point is VERY VERY CLEAR, thanks to your detailed and informative posts.

You don't get my point at all.
    You may hate Steen all you want for his commentary style. I am talking about how you said Steen was biased and Morten wasn't. Or you only take commentaries seriously when it concerns your favorite players not in general?

wade likes this.
  12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Oh ty. I thought it was gone after the update.

13. Anks

Anks Regular Member

The Answer is served to that comentator by the World Champion PVS with a speed of ove 400KMPH :D

You should take it positively..like now I dont care what a bias commentator says about a player who is clearly the champ because Commentators ge paid for talking so let them talk...On the other hands as the World Champ PVS said jn her interview to BWF I let my racket do the talking....And Boy she did smash those mouth shut:cool:

I like the british commentator Paul Hand who like GC is never bias who in SF between PVS vs CYF said "FORM is temporary but CLASS is permanent,You dont become Olympic Silver Medalist Unless you are highly Professional and serious" .

Those are the words I believe in my friend :)

#1173 Anks, Aug 27, 2019
  14. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    @Baddyforall

I guess we have our personal likes and dislikes about commentators similar to their differences in commentary. If all commentators have the same opinion and commentary across different players in different tournaments, listening would be quite boring for us listeners. :D

wade, Hassefar60 and Biglever like this.
  15. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well..If 1 title is so fiercely debated , I wonder what about 20+ titles. Its undeniable. lol.

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

The hall is faster and that favours attacking players. Well known fact.

j4ckie and wade like this.
  17. Anks

Anks Regular Member

I admit and the Smart Player who capitalizes on thr advantage is the True Champion !!

I got a class from Hassefar yesterday on how to take critics positively..So I guess you as one of my few elite fav friends here would agree with me on this dont you ?

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Exactly!

So well done to PVS for utilising everything for her win.

Anks likes this.
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Fast hall or slow hall (referring to the drift and/or shuttle?), it still has to be within BWF specifications. I don't see what's the problem for any experienced or world class players.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Actually, Akane not turning to play her backhand is not a weakness to me, you do it only when you're forced to, facing the shuttle to play forehand or round-the head shot is good.

Momota,too, seldom have to turn his back to play the backhand and, his deep backhand corner on his right side as he is a southpaw is not vulnerable, remarkably so.