TOTAL BWF WORLD Championships 2018 : DRAW

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 17, 2018.

1. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Said by a diehard supporter of KM, who is elitist about his opinion, or her? Wait. I don't care.

2. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Actually, that is the truth. H2h records proved it. LCW have easier time of beating Kento than Lin Dan.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Damn, i wish its LD vs LCW final in WC. this will be truly head to head battle without any other Chinese interfering, Lol.

Their last final meeting was at Kuching MalaysiaOpen and that was the last time , i am in badminton stadium, Great atmosphere.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Though if any player had most problems with his physicality, it would be LD, imo.

His true condition and true performance are still a mystery. His defeats in US Open or Malaysia Open (against SYQ) were genuine enough. But his match in Indonesia Open.. I don't know, the way he played and won G2 and then somehow lost it in G3 like that.. just fishy. Or maybe it was just my imagination :D

melon94, skhai91 and CIA-99 like this.
  5. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Prior to big tournaments like the Olympics, Asian Games, WC or even Thomas or Sudirman Cup, Lin Dan loses against much weaker players - on purpose. Always has.

6. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Hopefully LD can play his best at WC, in Nanjing even more. Big tournaments has always produce the best of Lin Dan.
    I mean, LD has no reason to play 100% in lower ranked tournament, for he has accomplished many feat.

7. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

May be it was your imagination. Opponent might have taken second game for granted and used his full energy in 3rd game !. That is possible. This is not the first time, H S Prannoy beats Lindan. Prannoy has beaten all the top players before. So, nothing fishy here. Shi Yuqi , as a compatriot knows his weakness . Similarly, Prannoy, having beaten Lindan before, he definitely knows the strong points to beat him again. Lindan's current game can be beaten by any good player.

These Younger players, know the physical limit of Lindan very much and exploits very well on court.

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

World C'ships is yes but don't know about Asian Games, still three weeks to come, wishing him speedy recovery!

Talking about luck, maybe Lee CW is destined to never win major event in his illustrious career? He had cruised to final numerous times, OG (3x, 2008-2012-2016), WChamp (4x, 2011-2013-2014-2015), AG (1x-2010), it's not make sense and illogical to look the record.

9. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

LEE CHONG WEI TO WITHDRAW FROM THE BWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2018

BAM understands the concern surrounding the absence of Datuk Lee Chong Wei at the Akademi Badminton Malaysia (ABM) this past week.

We regret to announce that Datuk Lee has informed BAM that he is unwell and suffering from a respiratory related disorder. His doctor has advised him to rest and undergo treatment. For the time being, he cannot undergo any intensive physical activity for a period of at least one month and therefore we have to withdraw Datuk Lee from his participation at the BWF World Championships 2018 scheduled from 30 July to 5 August and the Asian Games 2018 scheduled from 19 to 28 August.

During this period of recovery, we ask the public and the media to respect the privacy of Datuk Lee and his family. We pray for his speedy recovery and look forward to welcoming him back at the ABM.

http://www.bam.org.my/news/bams-official-statement-on-datuk-lee-chong-wei

visor and Justin L like this.
  10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well, if it were just like what you described I wouldn't have imagined anything else. I have watched LD losing matches before, but usually he loses his G3 in a very bad manner after winning G2 is when it is in final or near final. It was only R1, LD couldn't have been that 'burn out'. Nothing fishy in his defeat by SYQ, he could have fought harder but he chose otherwise because what was the point of exerting himself if he knew he was going to lose anyway. That is LD current game. If he thought he could win it comfortably then he would give it a try, if not then forget it.
    Prannoy might have beaten LD before, but that doesn't mean LD couldn't find a way to beat Prannoy either. LD didn't put too much effort or energy in winning that G2 and he made very few errors. In G3 he suddenly was not that willing to move his legs chasing the shuttle, and more or less hitting the shuttles out or to the net. So as I say, it is suggestible.

Yes the current Lin Dan can be beaten by any good player, but with certain conditions. If it were Thomas Cup, I bet he could even beat any great player in his way unless his physicality forbid.

11. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

Darn it...

12. Baddyforall

I can explain it in another way. Lindan, coming to Indonesia and playing in R1 and not giving his best in order to 'give' victory to H.S.Prannoy (Is this a wish of Lindan to give victory to Prannoy ?).

'Fishy' is something comes in the eyes of beholder. Nothing Fishy here. Prannoy played well and won it. Period. If Shi yuqi wins against Lindan , why not Prannoy.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

No, he came to Malaysia and Indonesia Open because he had to as a single player in top 15.

I am not saying it is fishy for Prannoy to win. It's fishy the way Lin Dan played and lost. Why do you always take everything personally an insult to your players?

14. Baddyforall

I am explaining it in a way of your analysis. I did not take it as personal . Even if you say that to Kantaphon (if he had won against Lindan), i would have defended it.
    My argument is , if Shi Yuqi wins Lindan, it is victory. If anybody plays well and wins , it is fishy.
    So, your argument is Lindan could not do it against Shi yuqi even if he tries it but he gave victory to Prannoy because Lindan did not 'try' it. Am i right !

15. Michael V

Michael V Regular Member

NOOOOOOO!!! :(

16. Sdrqaz

Sdrqaz Regular Member

That elusive Worlds and Asian Games gold medal will continue to elude him, then :(

17. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Heartbreaking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

Respiratory related problems. Thats is not a "small" matter like WC or AG. At his age, this is really everything at stake. Very possible his future, whatever remaining years, which he kept defying, left, is gonna depends on how well he recovered.

stanleyfm likes this.
  19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

My personal thought is that he isn't trying enough playing against anyone at all, whether it was his junior or anyone else. In US Open or Malaysia Open, honestly I didn't feel or see anything special or brilliant about LD's play at all even though he won R1. But in Indonesian Open, I felt something different in his play from the previous matches. So I suspect there might be something more in him that he either decided not to show or just blew it in G3. It has nothing to do with the opponent. I was just observing LD.

So my argument is LD's game is fishy as in the meaning of we can't just take in what we have been watching so far. He might be not even close as what you believed as "could be beaten by any good player" level yet.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It is very serious taking what he had been doing in his training and tournaments all this time. His idea of training as much as he had done for the last 10 years is absurd. He should learn to reduce his training and exercises just like Lin Dan, well, maybe not as extreme as Lin Dan but at least much much less than what he had endured all these years. Age is not something to be defied, your aging body cannot take it. He had been overdoing it these past years.

Pray for his speedy recovery.