TOTAL BWF WORLD Championships 2015-Day 6(15th August 2015)- SEMI FINALS

Discussion in 'World Championships 2015' started by blabl, Aug 14, 2015.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue: Istora – Gelora Bung Karno

Tournament Website:[U][B][SIZE=4][U][U][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][B][FONT=book antiqua][U][B][SIZE=4][U][U][B][URL="http://bwfworldchampionships.com/"][COLOR=#417394]http://bwfworldchampionships.com/
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2][U][U][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][B][FONT=book antiqua][U][B][SIZE=4][U][SIZE=2][U][U][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][B][FONT=book antiqua][U][B][SIZE=4][U][U][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][B][FONT=book antiqua][U][B][SIZE=4][U][U][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][B][U][B][SIZE=4][U][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/U][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/U][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/U][/U][/SIZE][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/U][/U][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL][/B][/U][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/U][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U]

Tournament Software
    :
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...9-1F766AAABC36

[U][B][SIZE=4][U][U][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][B][FONT=book antiqua][U][B][SIZE=4][U][U][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][B][U][B][SIZE=4][U][U][B][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][SIZE=4][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][B][U][B][SIZE=4][U][U][B][URL="http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=196570E9-BF0B-47C8-A3B9-1F766AAABC36"][COLOR=#000000][B]INDONESIA Time[/B]:[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=4010&forma=Find%20Time"][COLOR=#417394]http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wt...ma=Find%20Time[/COLOR][/URL][/B][/U][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/U][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/U][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U][/FONT][/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/U][/U][/SIZE][/B][/U]

Order of play of Saturday, August 15, 2015
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...C36&d=20150814

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

General News

Fanetri Does a Houdini – TOTAL BWF World Championships: Quarter-finals

Friday, August 14, 2015 - Text by Dev Sukumar | Badmintonphoto

Lindaweni Fanetri pulled off an extraordinary, back-from-the-dead performance to ensure a Women’s Singles medal for Indonesia at the TOTAL BWF World Championships today.

Fanetri appeared down and out at a game and 14-20 down to Chinese Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying in their Women’s Singles quarter-final, but conjured up a win that threw spectators into a tizzy. Tai controlled the match from the start, and with six match points, appeared to have sewn it up quickly. However, she had reckoned without the fighting abilities of Fanetri, who had fought so long and hard in her previous match against Ratchanok Intanon that the Thai had to be stretchered off with cramps.

With the Indonesian showing great resilience and refusing to let the shuttle hit the court, it was Tai who began to feel the pressure and let the occasion get to her. Once the second game was lost, Tai looked more and more forlorn; Fanetri continued to power on to clinch a 14-21 22-20 21-12 victory for Indonesia’s first Women’s Singles medal in over a decade.

“The key was to focus, because one mistake would have been enough to finish the match,” said an emotional Fanetri (BWF home page).

“Once I won the second game, my coaches told me that I have a chance; this is destiny. It was a matter of being brave on the court.”

3. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Thanks fort starting the thread [MENTION=121556]blabl[/MENTION]
    My initial predictions were.
    MS - LD
    WS - CM
    MD - LYD/YYS
    WD - Twins
    XD - Z/Z

Update after QF
    MS - KM
    WS - SN, The new #1
    WD - Too unpredictable to call.
    MD - LYD/YYS
    XD - Z/Z

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks too.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Tomorrow schedule of play

Main Location - 1

1. Starting at 11:00 AM XD
    LIU Cheng [4] China
    BAO Yixin China
    -
    China XU Chen [2]
    China MA Jin

2. Followed by XD
    ZHANG Nan [1] China
    ZHAO Yunlei China
    -
    Indonesia Tontowi AHMAD [3]
    Indonesia Liliyana NATSIR

3. Not before 12:00 PM WS
    Carolina MARIN [1] Spain
    -
    Korea SUNG Ji Hyun [8]

4. Followed by MS
    CHEN Long [1] China
    -
    Japan Kento MOMOTA [4]

5. Followed by WD
    Christinna PEDERSEN [4] Denmark
    Kamilla RYTTER JUHL Denmark
    -
    Japan Naoko FUKUMAN
    Japan Kurumi YONAO

6. Not before 3:00 PM WS
    Lindaweni FANETRI Indonesia
    -
    India Saina NEHWAL [2]

7. Followed by MS
    LEE Chong Wei Malaysia
    -
    Denmark Jan O JORGENSEN [2]

8. Followed by MD
    Hiroyuki ENDO [6] Japan
    Kenichi HAYAKAWA Japan
    -
    China LIU Xiaolong [9]
    China QIU Zihan

9. Not before 6:00 PM WD
    Nitya Krishinda MAHESWARI [7] Indonesia
    Greysia POLII Indonesia
    -
    China TIAN Qing [5]
    China ZHAO Yunlei

10. Followed by MD
    LEE Yong Dae [1] Korea
    YOO Yeon Seong Korea
    -
    Indonesia Mohammad AHSAN [3]
    Indonesia Hendra SETIAWAN

6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

My initial predictions were:
    MS: Chen Long
    WS: Carolina Marin
    MD: Ahsan/Setiawan
    MX: Zhao/Zhang

Still standing... :D

7. kbase

kbase Regular Member

It's good that all the matches will be covered

8. gidong

gidong Regular Member

My initial predictions were:
    MS - LCW
    WS - CM
    MD - LYD/YYS
    MX - Z/Z

9. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    wd........

10. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

I don't follow WD enough to make a good prediction based on match analysis, current form and head-to-head records.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Match 1 : Expecting a good and exciting match. Xu Chen / Ma Jin world ranking no 2 player has a slight edge to win tomorrows game. It will be a thriller for sure as China is famous for producing good XD who can really win in matches.

Match 2 ; Expecting a good fight between Zhang Nan / Zhao Yunlei vs Tontowi Ahmad / Liliyana Natsir. The China XD have the slight advantage to win based on their current no 1 ranking. However, due to great home crowd support the Indonesian may be able to create a big upset and win the match. Not forgetting the Indonesians fantastic win over Ko Sung Hyun / Kim Ha Na. They won the first set 21-8.

Match 3 : This is a match that will clearly favours Carolina Marin. Sung Ji Hyun on the other hand is never expected to enter the semi finals and this itself is already a bonus. But if Sung Ji Hyun can win the match she will created the biggest upsets in history. But then it is not easy as Carolina Marin who is 100% fit will go all out to win the match.

Match 4 : This is a match which will be very difficult for us to predict the winner. Based on ranking it is supposed to be Chen Long who win the match. However, Kento Momota has been playing so well thus far winning all his matches convincingly. Chen Long on the other hand struggled to win the match today and won the second set by a close shave 30-29.

Match 5 : This is also a match which will be very difficult to predict the winner. Christina / Kamilla has been playing very well this far and have won all their matches convincingly. However this Japanese WD youngster Naoko Fukuman / Kurumi Yanao have won over players higher ranked than her and their performance is thus far better then her seniors. So expect to see a very exciting WD match tomorrow.

Match 6 : This is the clash of the titans match. Saina Nehwal is expected to win the match tomorrow based on her experience and world ranking. However backed with the home crowd support Lindaweni might be able to create another huge upset like what she did today to win over Tai Tzu Ying.

Match 7 : This is a match that is quite difficult to predict who will be the winner. Lee Chong Wei won his match over Hu Yun easily today. Then Jan O Jorgensen also won his match over Lin Dan easily today. However Jan O Jorgensen is at his top form now and there is no stopping him from winning the match. Lee Chong Wei on the other hand have always won all his matches vs Jan O Jorgensen so he may hold a slight advantage here.

Match 8 : This is a match that I believe clearly favours the Japanese MD to win. Kenichi Hayakawa : Hiroyuki Endo has played very well to win all the matches for this tournament and they even toppled the home favourites to win the match on Friday. However Liu Xiaolong/ Qiu Zihan also stands a chance to win if they can play very well.

Match 9 : This is a match that I believe the China WD will win. Tian Qing / Zhao Yunlei are the former 2014 WC champion so they will definitely go all out to defend their title. Nitya / Greysia still stand a chance to win with the good home crowd support.

Match 10 : This is a match that I believe the Indonesia MD holds an advantage to win. Both Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong are ranked no 1 but this year their performance is really unpredictable and may lose even in the earlier rounds of the tournaments. Ahsan / Setiawan on the other hand have won all their matches vs the Korean pairs this year. With the home crowd support Ahsan / Setiawan surely stands a high chance to win this match.

12. kiky.andra99

kiky.andra99 Regular Member

child therapist
    thriller on WD, last time TQ/ZY meet GP/NKM at semifinal asian games and GP/NKM wins in 3 sets

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am paying attention to match : 2,3,4,6,7 8 and 10. Other matches, I will take a toilet break.

14. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Meanwhile greysia/nitya ousted Qing Tian/zhao yunlei in Asian Games 2014 Final ;) I believe Greysia/Nitya will repeat it once again since they are on top perfomance after entering ina open final, and won the taipei open weeks ago ;)

15. miksss

miksss Regular Member

As i said, see, no CHN WS in the semifinal round.. WS nowadays is very unpredictable ! Everyone can beat one another..

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

It is very tough though. Can Maheswari stand tall at the net facing ZYL?

17. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Hehe lets see tomorrow..

18. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    time spent by linda in her previous four matches is 42 minutes in first round, an hour and 12 minutes in second, an hour and 16 minutes in third and an hour and nine minutes in quarters. .she has already played three back to back three setters, whereas saina has spent much less time on court than linda. .if their semi final tussle tomorrow goes to a third and final game by any chance, i doubt she will be able to sustain physically.
    and talking about the whole crowd will be against saina tomorrow. .i don't think saina is going to have any effect of that on her game as far as i have seen her in similar situations before, she is mentally too strong for that. .she just needs a good start tomorrow.

talking about the other semi final, sung doesn't even stand a chance against marin to be honest. .marin is much better a player than sindhu is and i don't see sung as a physically strong player so marin will come through any how barring any injury problem which highly looks unlikely by the way she's playing.

19. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Maheswari is not so much at the net, she goes at the back a lot, she rotates often with Polii, and that's a reason I enjoy watching them

20. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow, didn't expect to see only one China WD pair in the semis!