TOTAL BWF SUDIRMAN Cup 2019 : Quarterfinal - FINAL (23-26 May)

Discussion in '2019 Tournaments' started by CLELY, May 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nivek888

nivek888 New Member

where's Justin?

2. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

making a narration about He Bingjiao, I guess :p

rhoder likes this.
  3. minions

minions Regular Member

Can he make that narration? I mean, HBJ doesn't even get to play in this SC. Maybe a narration about how CHN team is and always great.:p:p:p

rhoder likes this.
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Agree, the lineup favours IPN.

5. samsara

samsara Regular Member

Don't even try to politicize that !!

And use brain, who will play any physical sport competition at the Tibetan Plateau at the minimum of 3,300 meter altitude from the sea level ??? And do you realise the Xinjiang is a hot spot today in the Western MSM, NGO, Human Rights XYZ, think tanks ... all because they wanna attack the Belt and Road through that the pivot point to the Central Asia Eurasia and Europe eventually?

I don't want to politicize here but your political slur needs the outright correction!

Firas and Justin L like this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hahaha, I didn't know some people missed me. I was outside and could only watch it on my smartphone, too troublesome to type anything on BC forum.:):D

stanleyfm and CIA-99 like this.
  7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well said.

CIA-99 likes this.
  8. samsara

samsara Regular Member

Nope! I did not see that from CCTV broadcast but I saw Shi Yuqi threw away his racket to the fortunate spectator.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I know it's meant tongue-in-cheek but your last sentence is unfair and not truly reflective of my stand. I've been criticised for putting down He Bingjiao mainly for her lack of stamina and picking at Shi Yuqi for his mental weakness, for example. Being realistic, objective and impartial while sounding encouraging is my style, actually.:)

tbgoh288 likes this.
  10. minions

minions Regular Member

Yeah, I was hyperbolic at last sentence about CHN team. HBJ is not being played, hence we don't know how she will fare in team events. However, SYQ is awesome, being completely outplayed KM in G2 and G3.

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

When I saw the lineup, the immediate impression was it would mostly likely be 2-1 in favour of JPN by the end of the 3rd match. After that it's Team CHN playing hard to catch up and , hopefully, pip JPN to the finishing line but WD is more critical for either side than XD which is expected to be CHN's strongest point.

tbgoh288, samsara and stanleyfm like this.
  12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

CHINA PERFECT ENDING
    Reclaiming Sudirman Cup for eleventh time and only losing one match against Denmark in quarterfinal, overcomes arch-rival Japan convincingly in grand finale, that's China writes their victory in Nanning.

The towering duo Li/Liu start winning way for China, beat Endo/Watanabe who looked under pressure particularly second game, giving free points to their opponent through Endo service errors. Most enthralling battle witnessed Akane Yamaguchi versus Chen Yufei, Japan had opportunity to level the scoreline when Yamaguchi led 11-6 at deciding game then Chen made great comeback to fight back with patient style, reduce easy mistakes to penetrate Yamaguchi at the end. Trailing 0-2, Japan hope banking on reigning World Champion, Kento Momota who played well in first game to dictate the pace with long rallies that forcing Shi Yuqi couldn't develop gameplan and looked helpless. Then bizarre turnaround happened in next two games, Shi YQ injected fast pace and displayed outstanding performance to smash Momota that surprising the Japanese like he did in Guangzhou World Tour Finals, the word number one was really out of shape, 15-21 / 21-5 / 21-11. Shi had learned a lot from his last encounter defeat in Wuhan, ran out steam at deciding game.

The overall scoreline, 3-0 for the host, contributed by China young generation, sigh of relief for both Zhang Jun and Xia Xuanze to prepare for next BWF major events.

Congrats to all medalists, CHN-JPN-THA-INA :)

buibui2, kwun and Justin L like this.
  14. samsara

samsara Regular Member

Congratulations to the Chinese team!!

This convincing victory is a very important affirmative statement to the revival of the Chinese badminton under the NEW leadership, the Zhang Jun et al era! As stated in the post match interview with Zhang Jun and Xia Xuanze at the CCTV Sports studio, winning the Sudirman Cup is one of the major objectives of the Chinese badminton this year.

And I believe it's a great sign for the early stage, to boost the morale in a long and arduous journey to the firm top! And to say that the direction of changes is correct and fruitful.

Moreover, unlike in the past victories of the Sudirman Cup, the convincing win this time is achieved not from a position of dominance. In fact no one incl those within the Chinese badminton circle (incl the CCTV host, Cai Yun, Zhang Ning and the coaches) ever thought that the Chinese team could beat the Japanese team 3—0 in the final. Such relatively smooth win is really beyond anyone's expectation.

In an interview after his new appointment in Feb 2019, one of the Zhang Jun's plans is to revitalize badminton within the Chinese grassroot, toddevelop the resources from the early school years and university, to tap the huge resource pool there. Years on top caused some complacency. Now some severe declines push for the wake-up calls!

I am rather surprise that HBJ is still in the Chinese national team. Not a very good sign to see her within the team. Time to move on and discard any dead wood.

Justin L likes this.
  15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I was quite sure Chen Yufei who played almost every match ( luckily she didn't have to play the semifinals on Saturday) to be worn out by Akane's amazing retrieving ability. Sure enough, in G2 she was visibly more tired than AY and when she dropped the set, I was certain G3 would go Akane's way. To CYF's great credit, she showed true grit and determination to emerge triumphant in the end.

To me, this is a very important victory not just for Team CHN but more for herself as it sort of signify the coming of age for her and, psychologically, a huge boost to her self-confidence and inner belief henceforth.

The same goes for Shi Yuqi who started dismally in G1 and, to my amazement, sensationally turned the match around the next two sets, veritably dismantling the normally steady and redoubtable Kento Momota in the process. Mind-blowing and absolutely a morale-boosting victory in a major event, one that can only transform him into a more mature, steady and confident player going forward, I hope so. As Sun Jun often tried to impress upon him, "believe in yourself", as it's not for lack of talent but mental weakness that's hindering him at the moment from achieving more than what he already has.

#1135 Justin L, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    kwun likes this.
  16. LjS4

LjS4 Regular Member

So the target of 5 gold medals for china at the tokyo olympic is not that impossible afterall :D

17. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

^-^ It's impossible.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

She might be dead but she is still sharp enough to cut down all the budding seeds.

19. r1cky_b3cks

r1cky_b3cks Regular Member

based on this lost, is KM's opposing crowd? i remember in most of the finals, he lost to SYQ at his home soil too, Ginting at China Open (clearly home crowd cheering against JP), LCW at Malaysia Open

20. minions

minions Regular Member

Why not? I can see that happening. Let's see.

cheryak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.