Time for an oldtimer to upgrade Iso tour 800 sp to what?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Filip Marzuki, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Filip Marzuki

Filip Marzuki New Member

Hi all,
    Last week my second to last racket imploded (strings didn't even go). I now only have 1 racket left of my once sizable stock of Isometric Tour 800 SP.

I quit the sport somewhere during the end of the 90s or early 2000s and thus my rackets were all from that period. I've recently picked up the sport again, although no longer a youth.
    Now I'm trying different rackets but haven't really been able to reach a conclusion of what to play with next. Hopefully, I can get some recommendations from you all?

I play both doubles and singles but enjoy doubles a lot more. I essentially play singles because our team needs to fill out the singles slots in our series. and that I need the workout
    In doubles, I'm pretty all round. Decently fast at the net. pretty fast drive game. People say I have good power in my smash. my current level is probably a strong B level or a lower A level (in the Swedish system) so maybe advanced?
    In singles, I have yet to discover a play style that suits me really well. My fitness is no longer at a very good level so I can't play the style of game I once used to.

The rackets I've played so far has been the Cab 8, then Isometric tour 800 sp.
    After trying a couple of different options. I think I prefer a stiffer flex. a weight around 85gram or a bit in between 3u and 4 u. I prefer playing with BG80 and tension of 24,27. I play with a towel grip due to sweating a lot.
    I've tried the Yonex Doura 10 when my strings went a few days ago and it took me a couple of matches to get into it but eventually, I think I found the timing and power in my shots. I did not quite find the net control but I guess it would have come with some more play.
    Next up that I'm looking at are The Astrox 88 (S or D). Not sure they are natural upgrades to what I used to play with but might be worth trying.

So what would you recommend for me? are the Astrox 88 options worth exploring or should I look elsewhere?

2. Baddyboy9

Baddyboy9 New Member

You can try the 88d either 3u or 4u, depending on your comfort or you can try the duora z strike which is even balanced with a stiff shaft...the dzs only comes in a 3u

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Filip Marzuki

Filip Marzuki New Member

Thanks, fo the advice. I've added the Z-Strike to my try list. Since then I've tried the nanoray9000. A horrible for me. Played 4 games doubles with it bout could not find the attacking feel. The only thing I liked was the "Stick" or Chop smash, Where is was fast and powerful. For defense, I think I just wasn't used to it as I help missing due to being too fast with this racket.
    I'm playing later today so I'm gonna see what I can try :)