Ti10 first time/please advise.

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by AS, May 8, 2001.

1. AS

AS Guest

What string tension to have in my new 3U Ti10 racket, was playing with Yonex
    VF 60 at 20lbs tension. Have read reviews about Ti10 saying that best to have high tension stringing, but am worried that it might alter my game too much if i go for a real high tension as in control of drop shots and general touch play.
    Major part of my game is good accurate smash but when playing competitively i am at the front of the court. I am thinking to go for 23lbs tension to start with, please advise all you professionals out there.

Thank you.

2. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

I think the Ti 10 3u weighs arnd 89 gms. What kind of a game do u play. Offensive/defensive.

singles/Doubles. If u are a touch player string it with BG 66 as the Gauge is smaller and if u are offensive then BG 80.

Give it a try

Best of luck

3. AS

AS Guest

Re: yogesh

I am an offensive player and play mainly doubles.

Any ideas about what string tension i should use?

4. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

Re: yogesh

If u are an offensive player then use the Bg 80 or 85. I think it might give u a solid punch.

If it is for the first time that u are stringing just be careful abt the tension. U can string it max arnd 23-24 Lbs. bUt i think u should not go much more than this.

Actually For a 3U Yonex tells u to string it at 20-21 Lbs. i would rather string it at that tension.

It would be very preferable for your doubles game that u string it at 21 for the first time and if u are not happy then u can increase it.

3U cant stand tension as much as the 2U.

So pls be careful

Best of luck and happy Shuttling