Ti-10 vs Ti-8

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by ari, Apr 23, 2001.

1. ari

ari Guest

a lot of good comments about these two rackets.Ti-10,many said that it is very good for singles,why it is not suitable for doubles?Ti-10 is powerful and sometimes ,the shots just surprise me.BTW i am using 2U Ti-10 and 3U-Ti-8.Ti-8 suit me well too for doubles.if the ti-10 is 3U ,is the weight comparable to ti-8 3U.
    i knew that ti-8's frame is thicker from side-view and ti-10's frame is thinner like ti SP.why is it designed that way.does it make the head heavier with thicker frame. i believe ti 8 is equally good as the ti-10.just that ti-10 has better design and colour.i can swing really fast with ti-8 and allow faster response. is there a big difference in the power of the shots with 2U and 3U ti-10,how much difference?All my rackets are 2U except ti8,i still love my ti-8 a lot. anyway is 3U mp100 powerful?i have 2U mp100 ,is 3U much lighter than 2U?is there a great difference when holding it?

2. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    According to the Yonex Japan website, The Ti-10 is good for doubles and singles. It has a plus for smashing too, but it doesn't fair well for returning smashes.

3. Thomas

Thomas Guest

I play both singles and doubles (mens & mixed) with my Ti-10 and also have tried the Ti-8. So far the Ti-10 is the best racket for me after trying out dozen of others e.g. Ti-3, Swing Power, Carbonex, etc. I know many people said that the Ti-10 is for singles (head-heavy and slow) whereas the Ti-8 (lighter and fast especially with 3U) is for doubles but that's pretty subjective. Yes, they frames are difference, it's just the design but I like the slim Ti-10 shaft. To be fair, both rackets are powerful and each has its own unique characteristic of handling, no right and wrong. In conclusion, the Ti-10 suits me for any kind of game and Im able to produce very powerful smash and good control.