Ti-10 or MP100

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by NIck, Sep 9, 2001.

1. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Are you sure what you're talking here ?

Johny,

I read very carefully what you wrote in this post, seriously, no sarcasm whatever, are you sure what you're talking about? We are talking about material physics here. Please don't dabble into an area which is way out of your depth.

You're seriously over-generalising whatever may be true and some even incorrect ideas. This is my daily bread and butter ( and I seriously mean my job) and even I don't dare to put across such sweeping statements about shafts and energy storage. Please go and read your university texts on Mechanics of Solids before putting such sweeping stuff here. It does not look too good if some fella here really wants to confound all your statements.

I shall leave it as such coz its a few hundred pages of text just to explain such things here. And if you must, you can ask Modious, Budi and etc who frequent this place too that I am really doing what I say I'm doing

2. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    my 2-cents

IMHO, mp100 has a lot of power, and if what gladius says about the responsiveness and handle is true, it is very good. but the feel can be doubted...

Ti10 on the other hand, is very good in all... but it doesnt generate as much power as mp100...

SO.
    if you are a doubles player and you don't really care about placement/feel, get mp100... you will enjoy smashing your opponent

but if you care about control, go for ti10

but above everything else, GET MP77!!!
    hahahahaha (i am a mp77 lover in case the forum doesnt know)

3. James

James Guest

Re: my 2-cents

Hi |R|S,

My opinion differs from yours and that is why I sold my MP77 to you and kept the MP100. I would have kept the MP77 but I wanted to make a switch to head heavy racquets.

The MP100 has a heavy head (not as head heavy as the Ti10 and the SP 900 SX). It is has good even balance.

The MP77 has good even balance too but the MP77 feels heavier as compared to the MP100. It is not as maneuverable as the MP100.

MP77 does not have a heavy head. Smashing power is somehow limited by this. I personally would prefer the SP 900 SX for smashing and the Ti-10 (though my Ti-10 is spending more time in my storeroom as the SP 900 SX is the prefered racquet now).

Smashing (in order of power): Ti10, SP 900 SX, MP77, MP100, Ti SP SR (almost no power at all)

Maneuverability: Ti SP SR, SP 900 SX. MP100, Ti10, MP77

I own or have owned the above racquets and have at least 2 games with each of them.

4. Gladius

Gladius Regular Member

Design Engineer
    Re: my 2-cents

This is my take on current crop of racket which I switch between:

Power:

Ti-10 > MP-100 > ISP-900ss > Carb 25

Maneuverability:

ISP-900ss > Carb 25 > MP-100 >Ti-10

Touch Feel:

Carb 25 > MP-100 >Ti-10 > ISP-900ss

Shot Control:

Carb 25 > MP-100 > Ti-10 > ISP-900ss

All these used BG-85 strings an of course tensions varied a little. Thus it may be subjective. In any case, its a matter of presonal feel and style, so it may not be appilicable to everyone.

Based on the above, the MP-100 is my preferred racket as it allows me to do the most things.

5. Howard

Howard Regular Member

Student
    Finally

Hey finally someone has posted a good topic that has every one talking on the forum again.
    And in MY OPINION Ti-10 is a really really good racket.I have never trid the mp 100
    but so far from what i see i think i'll like the ti-10.I'm getting my MP 77 soon :)

6. johny

johny Guest

I'm not sure:)

What I know is that an expert in Mechanics of Solids don't need few hundred pages to explain such a simple thing,

I have checked the following page
    http://www.ae.su.oz.au/structures/mos/index.html

First of all, most of the phenomenons discussed in Mechanics of Solids concern only statics while we know playing badminton is totally different, which makes it nearly impossible to calculate the status of the shaft under high-acceleration (different acceleration for different part) situation.

And further more, since we don't know the characteristics of Ultimum-Ti combined Ultra High Modules Graphite and Ultra High Modules Graphite, the outer and inner radius of each shaft... the calculation is always impossible, the onlyway is to feel it by your hand... human's feeling can overcome the best calculator in the world!

Actually the feeling only belong to yourself, so the best way is still get a racket and try it by yourself.

7. Re: Finally

it's not the racket that decides the outcome of a game. my racket is an aluminum frame, $9.95. bought at big5 sporting good. and i can still beat the crap out of most of the people i play against. no, i am not a world-class player.

8. Most ppl dunno how to use MP100

When i 1st buy my MP100 i dunno how to use it. i keep hitting the frame and missing shots. this doesnt happen with my own racket. after abt 2-3 weeks, i finally got it. i could use the MP to do anything i want. of course it has much more power than my old Ti-3, but i still can control all my other shots. So my advice is whatever racket is not so important, more important to get use to it.

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    And also

I found another former MP100 owner. I say 'former' because the racquet broke at the top of the frame when he mishit the shuttle and the impact was on the frame.

Ti10 does not seem to have the same frequency of breakages

This guy is a good player.