Thrax racquets - Made in India !!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by dkaran27, Aug 24, 2019.

1. dkaran27

dkaran27 New Member

Hey peepz,
    I'm curious to know if anyone living in India has tried badminton racquets by Thrax ? Thrax is the brand name and I'm specifically interested in one of their new products. They call it 'Nano-Impulse Light 78i'.

I believe they make other sporting goods as well, but regarding racquets they seem to have their unique ideas / techniques. Like for instance, they claim to have a single, joint-less shaft with the handle made of carbon-fibre / graphite. While most other brands have a wooden handle that separates from the shaft, this one is pretty different, although I don't know how can that improvise the life of the racquet or make gameplay easier (other than reduced weight near the handle).

Anyways, if anyone has bought this racquet 'Nano Impulse Light 78i', please share with me your experience. Thanks !! Link to the product on khelmart website - https://www.khelmart.com/Cricket/items/Thrax-Nano-Impulse-Light-78i-Strung-Badminton-Racket.aspx

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think Carlton used to make racquets like this. Iirc called Powerflo series. Also Prokennex. You'll have to go back to the late 80's and early 90's for those. The idea never seemed to have caught on

3. dkaran27

dkaran27 New Member

hmm, looks like it will take me awhile before I will be able to pick a racquet just by reading their specs.. have to buy 'em and test it myself :rolleyes: