thought i should also introduce myself

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by 2love2live, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

hmmm.. one question; how cool can smoking be if you already know the PHYSICAL damages it can cause for a person. i can understand that health (say the increased risk of contracting cancer) may not be a priority for teenagers, but i'm refering to the uglified features (yellow teeth, stinky breath, frequent production of phlegm) a smoker gets.

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    ...and a BLACK pair of lungs!

I had a chance to really see the damage that cigarette smoking can do to the lungs. The air sacs are all blocked up and the colour ranges from grey (less smoking) to tar black (heavy smoking) leaving almost no more room for the oxygen to travel. Imagine if you are a heavy smoker and a badminton player. The chance for collapsing on the court during a hard rally is real. :eek:

I saw this real organs at a "Body Works" (I think) exhibition here last February, where dead human bodies were cut up, some were sliced so thin, and preserved in special plasticine mixture (invented by the German exhibitor) to show the many aspects of our body - the brain, the muscles, the veins and other blood vessels, the various body organs, the bones, the embryo in its various stages of growth and some with deformities, the impact of diseases on the organs, etc, etc.

It was a harrowing but enriching experience! If only you dared to see the dead body with artificial eyes staring at you in the face! :eek:

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Besides health problems, smoking will slowly take away the very thing that makes a man a man, a woman a woman. Now you know why a non-smoker is always preferred over a smoker, by the opposite ***. Drinking in moderation is okay. Excessive drinking, besides giving you health problems, will produce more estrogen in your body and make you look more female-like. Just like smoking, excessive drinking will kill your libido. Add the two together, smoking and excessive drinking, you have the sum of the two problems times ten. :D

4. Cengsc

Cengsc Regular Member

Administrative..
    Re : shuttle

Hi Joe,

Thks.
    Other than these, got any other brands mostly play there?
    can buy and test if go there.

ceng

5. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

it does? :confused: :confused:

but i didn't mean to turn 2love2live's introduction thread into '10 reasons why a person shouldn't smoke'. i just asked him that Q (which has been gnawing my insides ever since i saw people i know and care about (more or less :rolleyes: )smoke) since he'd been there done that.

and whoops! i forgot my manners: hi 2love2live! it's nice having you here. :)

6. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

who's Joe. :D :p

7. anakin

anakin Regular Member

Hi,

Thanks for the info. :)

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    That must be a name that you apply to every bloke (male) because you've forgotten his real name??? :D

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You mean to say you didn't know? Look around hard, among smokers and people who drink excessively, you will find beneath the tough manly appearance they are not half the man natured has endowed them with. Ditto for female smokers who go on alcoholic binges. Or you can ask a urologist friend and get some answers from him. :D

10. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

i've never read anything on that before. and i don't recall my teacher mention it either. of course my memory power leaves much to be desired.. :rolleyes: unfortunately, i don't have a urologist friend to turn to on this. not even an aspiring one :(

to Loh: dang, :eek: i feel a little foolish. how could i hv been so thick :rolleyes:. but hey, i know what a bloke means!

#30 Anatolii, Feb 24, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2005
  11. 2love2live

2love2live Regular Member

hi anatolii i am joe :)

2love2live

12. 2love2live

what i can recall is 'aeroplane' or Hang Kong in Chinese. but it's kinda expensive, see here : http://www.bbesports.com/index_shuttle.htm, not HongKong :D casual players play this brand because it's durable and kinda lasts longer for them comparatively.

13. 2love2live

to all: yeah i know smoking kills - thanks for the advices and thanks to the excessive production of phlegm, i quit smoking about 3 years ago, i used to be travelling all around, and I used to cough so much that every morning when i woke up in the hotel the first thing i did was to spend several minutes clearing my throat! scary - those yellowish phlegm - disgusting ...

to taneepak: this is SCARY! thank goodness i quit already, we have believers here though thinking smoking definitely kills sperm. :D and many also believe coke kills sperms!!!!

but you know what - quit smoking is some project if not mission impossible.

14. 2love2live

nice meeting you here too anatolii :)

15. 2love2live

my name happens to be joe - :crying: :D :cool: average joe :)

thanks Loh - you vivid illustration of the damaged lungs is quite educational. - now i start to think all the time how screwed up my lungs can be now since though i quite already i used to be a quite heavy smoker :mad: :(

hope it will not come into my dreams tonight:crying:

16. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Welcome to the forum! Just hope the dreams don't haunt you at night ;)

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    haha. I never play MJ and play singles more than doubles (on a badminton court).. :p And I am chinese ;)

In fact, I'm not even sure I have ever played a complete game of MJ in my life. RAther be playing badminotn.......... :D

18. Cengsc

Cengsc Regular Member

Administrative..
    thks

Hi Joe,

Thks a lot. will buy if go there.

ceng

19. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

:)

.. but you haven't enlightened me yet on why teens these days, educated/well-informed as they are, choose to smoke. ..

and bytheway, i think playing mahjong is a really interesting activity (though i've never played.. and i've witnessed how they played only once). i plan to take on the game when i'm in the old folks home and incapable of swinging a racquet anymore. :p

20. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Have you tried nicotine pads? Then again . . . the environment you live in perpetuate and promote smoking as a lifestyle.